Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 50

Thread: Tires again

  1. #31

    Re: Tires again

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Jacobson View Post

    And Huck wheeled his 2 sets of 37" CC's on built Rubi D44's.
    Missed this. Yeah, what he said. Lol
    yah, Huck you newbie, Rubicon drivin', mall Cruisin', bling-bling, bolt-on, got no drivin skillz, drove thru a AutoZone with a crap magnet attached, H2 wannabe, poseur! Pay attention!
    If you would pry your sorry arse out the Scottsdale Fashion Square once in a while you would know more about the BLM and the USFS (you do know those acronyms, right?).

  2. #32

    Re: Tires again

    Quote Originally Posted by Estrada View Post
    So you are saying they would be fine for my D35?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Jacobson View Post
    Go 40's with that set up!
    Only if he locks that D35
    yah, Huck you newbie, Rubicon drivin', mall Cruisin', bling-bling, bolt-on, got no drivin skillz, drove thru a AutoZone with a crap magnet attached, H2 wannabe, poseur! Pay attention!
    If you would pry your sorry arse out the Scottsdale Fashion Square once in a while you would know more about the BLM and the USFS (you do know those acronyms, right?).

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Mesa / Forest Lakes
    Posts
    872

    Re: Tires again

    Now I need someone to mount and balance them. I will probably take them to 4WS.
    07 JKU, Teraflex Dana 60 Front/ 14 Bolt Rear, ARBs, 40" MT/R-Ks, Antirock, Teraflex Long Arm, 5 screaming children, 430hp LS3 Engine swap completed. ENGINE SWAP THREAD LINK HERE Cage, Coilovers, and 14 Bolt swap NEW FULL CAGE, THIRD ROW, COILOVERS, 14 BOLT SWAP THREAD HERE

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chandler/Tempe
    Posts
    4,665

    Re: Tires again

    My setup for last 3 years is about 135 lbs a tire so they may be a bit heavier but I am looking for a reason to get the pro rock 40 spline setup
    Long arm/37"/beedlocks/Mas grande arb Dana 44 rear/grande 44 front/ superjoints/WJ knuckle conversion/harness/cage/seats/winch/5.13/armor/skids/
    Parts/hydro/5-1/takes a beating that's for sure but still needs more crap

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chandler/Tempe
    Posts
    4,665

    Re: Tires again

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith B. View Post
    Now I need someone to mount and balance them. I will probably take them to 4WS.
    Thats where I take mine
    Long arm/37"/beedlocks/Mas grande arb Dana 44 rear/grande 44 front/ superjoints/WJ knuckle conversion/harness/cage/seats/winch/5.13/armor/skids/
    Parts/hydro/5-1/takes a beating that's for sure but still needs more crap

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Mesa / Forest Lakes
    Posts
    872

    Re: Tires again

    Here they are. Crazy big lugs

    Name:  002f21b7ea2c342f4739c40a37fa4fd4.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  444.4 KB
    Last edited by Keith B.; 04-24-2017 at 07:33 AM.
    07 JKU, Teraflex Dana 60 Front/ 14 Bolt Rear, ARBs, 40" MT/R-Ks, Antirock, Teraflex Long Arm, 5 screaming children, 430hp LS3 Engine swap completed. ENGINE SWAP THREAD LINK HERE Cage, Coilovers, and 14 Bolt swap NEW FULL CAGE, THIRD ROW, COILOVERS, 14 BOLT SWAP THREAD HERE

  7. #37
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    A J U S A
    Posts
    5,422

    Re: Tires again

    Them sum purity tires!
    Did Dave take the pic for you?
    Get Down With the Sickness!

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chandler/Tempe
    Posts
    4,665

    Re: Tires again

    Looks good. I'm in
    Long arm/37"/beedlocks/Mas grande arb Dana 44 rear/grande 44 front/ superjoints/WJ knuckle conversion/harness/cage/seats/winch/5.13/armor/skids/
    Parts/hydro/5-1/takes a beating that's for sure but still needs more crap

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    On the Elvis "squeeze" Bypass
    Posts
    2,529

    Re: Tires again

    You're going to need a louder radio.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience more often than not comes from bad judgement.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lake Havasu City, AZ & Plover, WI
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: Tires again

    I've been running the CC's for two seasons. When new, I thought they were terrible, but others with them encouraged me to keep running them. They get better with time and wear. Started at 5 psi till the sidewalls loosened up some and and have gradually gone to 8 psi on the trail and 12-14 psi on the road. They were hard to balance. Tried it with beads, but took them out and went to a truck shop for tape weights. Good for 60 mph now. This winter I flipped them to get the good side out. One tire will leak down from 8 psi to 6 after 4-5 days. I sprayed soapy water on it and found 10 tiny leaks in the sidewall where it had rock damage into some cords. They're four ply, but 2 are cut in places. The tread is at about 60-70% now with all the edges worn down and they grip better each trip. The rocks in Havasu are very sharp. MTR's and KM2's, don't do well here. The Nitto Trail Grapplers are impressive and in most places I have seen them perform equal to or better than the Creepy's plus a better ride on the road. I just bought a set of BFG KRT sticky's on BL wheels. My CC's will come off for now and I'll see how the KRT's work. Another LJ here has them and he can climb the Gate Keeper on King Cobra where my Creepy's slip. The Nitto's did it on a stretched LJ, but a new set of Trep sticky's couldn't. Several in our group have run 40" CC's and they have shown to be a very tough tire with a softer compound than most others except for the sticky. You will be happy with them after they get some trails on them.
    05 LJ 112"wb, RJ 60's, Grizzly lockers, 40" CC, Fox Coil overs

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Mesa / Forest Lakes
    Posts
    872

    Re: Tires again

    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    I've been running the CC's for two seasons. When new, I thought they were terrible, but others with them encouraged me to keep running them. They get better with time and wear. Started at 5 psi till the sidewalls loosened up some and and have gradually gone to 8 psi on the trail and 12-14 psi on the road. They were hard to balance. Tried it with beads, but took them out and went to a truck shop for tape weights. Good for 60 mph now. This winter I flipped them to get the good side out. One tire will leak down from 8 psi to 6 after 4-5 days. I sprayed soapy water on it and found 10 tiny leaks in the sidewall where it had rock damage into some cords. They're four ply, but 2 are cut in places. The tread is at about 60-70% now with all the edges worn down and they grip better each trip. The rocks in Havasu are very sharp. MTR's and KM2's, don't do well here. The Nitto Trail Grapplers are impressive and in most places I have seen them perform equal to or better than the Creepy's plus a better ride on the road. I just bought a set of BFG KRT sticky's on BL wheels. My CC's will come off for now and I'll see how the KRT's work. Another LJ here has them and he can climb the Gate Keeper on King Cobra where my Creepy's slip. The Nitto's did it on a stretched LJ, but a new set of Trep sticky's couldn't. Several in our group have run 40" CC's and they have shown to be a very tough tire with a softer compound than most others except for the sticky. You will be happy with them after they get some trails on them.
    Now you are freaking me out to the point I am debating returning them in favor of the Trail Grapplers. I don't put a ton of miles on per year, but I do drive back and forth to my cabin, and with the LS3 I typically go 75-85mph. I don't want something that wont balance. I could care less about longevity. If the trail grapplers are just as good and tough in the rocks, but better on the road I may return them. The MTRk's had too weak of a sideall.
    07 JKU, Teraflex Dana 60 Front/ 14 Bolt Rear, ARBs, 40" MT/R-Ks, Antirock, Teraflex Long Arm, 5 screaming children, 430hp LS3 Engine swap completed. ENGINE SWAP THREAD LINK HERE Cage, Coilovers, and 14 Bolt swap NEW FULL CAGE, THIRD ROW, COILOVERS, 14 BOLT SWAP THREAD HERE

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lake Havasu City, AZ & Plover, WI
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: Tires again

    If you are going to be running that fast on the road, I would not want to do it on CC's. There is a shop in Havasu that builds some pretty nice modified LJ's and he has been putting 40" Trail Grapplers on them. I think Letzroll did the same for another friend of mine. The CC's are a tough tire that will take a lot of abuse. I have never heard of anyone not being able to drive out of a trail with them. A very tough sidewall and pretty good traction "After" they get broke in with several trail runs. I don't know if the Nitto has as tough of a sidewall, but those I know, are not cutting them up. The advantage they have is the ability to wrap around the rock better than a biased tire. Before I bought a set of sticky's, I was going to replace my CC's with a set of Trail Grapplers. There is a shop in Havasu that will sell 40's for his cost. $363/tire. That's $100 below DT. Just based on my very limited observation, if you can return those Creepy's, I would, especially in light of the speed you want to run.

    Edit: I wonder if the very stiff sidewall of the CC's might make it more vulnerable to cuts. Does the more flexible softer radial side wall slide off or around potential damage rather than dig in?? Don't know, but some radials seem to be less prone to damage that others.
    Last edited by Crasher; 04-25-2017 at 06:06 PM.
    05 LJ 112"wb, RJ 60's, Grizzly lockers, 40" CC, Fox Coil overs

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Mesa / Forest Lakes
    Posts
    872

    Re: Tires again

    I am pretty sure I can swap them at 4WP since I haven't mounted them. I think I will. The CC are a sexy tire, but I hate to give up being able to drive this on the road. I am planning on driving it to MOAB this year, and to the Rubicon next summer.
    07 JKU, Teraflex Dana 60 Front/ 14 Bolt Rear, ARBs, 40" MT/R-Ks, Antirock, Teraflex Long Arm, 5 screaming children, 430hp LS3 Engine swap completed. ENGINE SWAP THREAD LINK HERE Cage, Coilovers, and 14 Bolt swap NEW FULL CAGE, THIRD ROW, COILOVERS, 14 BOLT SWAP THREAD HERE

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lake Havasu City, AZ & Plover, WI
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: Tires again

    I didn't intend to mess up your plan, but with what you have built and how you intend to use it, you will be much happier with the radial Trail Grapplers. If I had known how well they would work, I would have gone with them instead of the creepy's. I still might swap mine for a set of TG's for the times I need to run on the road long distances and don't want to trailer the LJ with the sticky's. Hope it works well for you.
    05 LJ 112"wb, RJ 60's, Grizzly lockers, 40" CC, Fox Coil overs

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ahwatukee
    Posts
    5,609

    Re: Tires again

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith B. View Post
    I am pretty sure I can swap them at 4WP since I haven't mounted them. I think I will. The CC are a sexy tire, but I hate to give up being able to drive this on the road. I am planning on driving it to MOAB this year, and to the Rubicon next summer.
    Dont you have a tow pig? If not you may want to borrow one (let me know if you need one). I love my Jeep but would not want to street it that far. I drove mine to KOH one year. My 250 is way more comfy.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Getting new tires today, selling my 215/75-15 highway tires.
    By aroundincircles in forum Tires and Wheels
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-07-2014, 10:02 PM
  2. New tralier tires and 31X10.50 R 15 LT tires/wheels
    By Fire Ball in forum Off Topic General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-25-2013, 02:04 PM
  3. Discount Tires. $670- 4 tires or $777- 4 tires and wheels?????
    By AZLugz in forum Off Topic General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-08-2010, 09:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •