Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tires again

Tires again

So I tore up two tires this weekend on the trail. It is time for some new ones. I have MTr/k on there right now and I have not been super impressed. I dont put many miles on it so I don't really care about longevity. I haven't kept up on tires lately so is there anything I should look at? 40's
    07 JKU, Teraflex Dana 60 Front/ 14 Bolt Rear, ARBs, 40" MT/R-Ks, Antirock, Teraflex Long Arm, 5 screaming children, 430hp LS3 Engine swap completed. ENGINE SWAP THREAD LINK HERE Cage, Coilovers, and 14 Bolt swap NEW FULL CAGE, THIRD ROW, COILOVERS, 14 BOLT SWAP THREAD HERE

Re: Tires again

I really like Nitto Trail Grapplers. I think they also come in 40s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar_Mike 2013
    Truth be told, I like wheeling with you and Willygoat. Always a fun ride (with clothes on or off)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar_Mike 2013
    You are so weird. I like it!!

2014 JK Rubicon Granite Crystal

QUEEN OF THE MALLCRAWLERS!

I've been pretty happy with the Nitto Trail Grapplers I'm running. I cut three MTRk's in a year.
    http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=10100&dateline=1356046401 $350 generated for the AZOHVC from the sale of these decals so far. ($5/pair is donated)

In the market as well. Mine were hard and did not hook up very well. Looking at maxxis trepadors DOT competition. There are 4 models but since I trailer may be the way to go. Sticky yet street legal...tempting

Wait, you mean Kevlar sidewalls is just a gimmick?!
    Get Down With the Sickness!

Quote Originally Posted by willygoat View Post
    I really like Nitto Trail Grapplers. I think they also come in 40s.
    Mine are 40's.
    http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=10100&dateline=1356046401 $350 generated for the AZOHVC from the sale of these decals so far. ($5/pair is donated)

I am between the trail grapplers and the Maxxis so far.
    07 JKU, Teraflex Dana 60 Front/ 14 Bolt Rear, ARBs, 40" MT/R-Ks, Antirock, Teraflex Long Arm, 5 screaming children, 430hp LS3 Engine swap completed. ENGINE SWAP THREAD LINK HERE Cage, Coilovers, and 14 Bolt swap NEW FULL CAGE, THIRD ROW, COILOVERS, 14 BOLT SWAP THREAD HERE

I think i'm going maxxis as I don't drive much on street and wont need a spare with the Bias, but I'll leave it in the truck
    Long arm/37"/beedlocks/Mas grande arb Dana 44 rear/grande 44 front/ superjoints/WJ knuckle conversion/harness/cage/seats/winch/5.13/armor/skids/
    Parts/hydro/5-1/takes a beating that's for sure but still needs more crap

Quote Originally Posted by jeepdude775 View Post
    I think i'm going maxxis as I don't drive much on street and wont need a spare with the Bias, but I'll leave it in the truck
    Which ones. I don't understand the difference with them.

There are at last 3 Trepadors that I can find. Radial, bias and bias competition. They are all DOT compliant. I am only interested in the Bias ones
    Long arm/37"/beedlocks/Mas grande arb Dana 44 rear/grande 44 front/ superjoints/WJ knuckle conversion/harness/cage/seats/winch/5.13/armor/skids/

I think that I read somewhere that Firestone Wilderness All Terrain tires have exceptionally good traction on the kinds of surfaces one might encounter when (just as a totally random example) attempting to climb a telephone pole.

"Lophat is not going anywhere, it's a reference. This forum would fold up and die if he left. LOL!" -- OTR-93YJ

"if they are like LoPhat, then their heads are stuck so far up their rear they have re-emerged as a head." -- From_Catherine

"Lo-Phat.. Don't wash the XJ. You don't want someone to confuse it as a mall crawler.." -- Will E

Anyone have experience with HERCULES TERRA TRAC M/T? 33x12.50x15, maybe 3-4 good wheeling trips a year...just curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LO PHAT View Post
    I think that I read somewhere that Firestone Wilderness All Terrain tires have exceptionally good traction on the kinds of surfaces one might encounter when (just as a totally random example) attempting to climb a telephone pole.
    HMMMMMMMMM sounds awesome

Quote Originally Posted by LO PHAT View Post
    Thanks.... I'll look into those. *****hole!!!!

I decided on Maxxis Creepy Crawlers. Ordered them with certs from 4WP.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information