Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: No, really, another BULLDOG run? 3/3 (Friday)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Mesa
    Posts
    3,165

    No, really, another BULLDOG run? 3/3 (Friday)

    Goodness, I am going to run it again. This time with a guy from work (and azvjc member javalina) and a buddy. A few more can tag along if they want.

    You need a permit. It's free and online. It's via email so don't wait till Friday morning to request it:

    https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/tonto...telprdb5348179

    We will start at the Ellsworth trailhead (FR3554) at 11am, meet up with FR10 and exit at the 'wolverine pass' trail head. If we are moving along pretty well some of us might shoot off FR1356 and end up out at the apache trail (cottonwood).

    This trail is out by the Salt River Recreation so it's not too far from town. Also, it's not too long and not too difficult. Great Scenery, some fun washes and an easy 'play hill' with an easier bypass.

    We will stop for lunch under the shade of a mesquite tree. I normally take an hour or so for lunch and will have a small grill to cook things on. Free Cheese crisps to anyone who wants one. The guy from work (javalina) and his wife will be making street tacos on site.



    Please read the following carefully:
    MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Stock Jeep with Stock Suspension and Stock tires. If you don't meet the minimum requirements PM me (unless it is a rental car and then just go for it)

    You are responsible for yourself and I assume no liability.

    Family friendly. Bring the kids.

    Roster:
    Will e (FSJ, CB, Ham)
    Javalina (my work friend)
    Lumpy (my non AZVJC friend)

    Let's say three more folks:
    1. Desertcarrot
    2.
    3.
    Last edited by Will E; 03-06-2017 at 05:28 AM.
    82 Cherokee WT SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/custom bumpers and roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/CB/dual batts/custom TC skid plate

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    12

    Re: No, really, another BULLDOG run? 3/3 (Friday)

    Quote Originally Posted by Will E View Post
    Goodness, I am going to run it again. This time with a guy from work (and azvjc member javalina) and a buddy. A few more can tag along if they want.

    You need a permit. It's free and online. It's via email so don't wait till Friday morning to request it:

    https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/tonto...telprdb5348179

    We will start at the Ellsworth trailhead (FR3554) at 11am, meet up with FR10 and exit at the 'wolverine pass' trail head. If we are moving along pretty well some of us might shoot off FR1356 and end up out at the apache trail (cottonwood).

    This trail is out by the Salt River Recreation so it's not too far from town. Also, it's not too long and not too difficult. Great Scenery, some fun washes and an easy 'play hill' with an easier bypass.

    We will stop for lunch under the shade of a mesquite tree. I normally take an hour or so for lunch and will have a small grill to cook things on. Free Cheese crisps to anyone who wants one. The guy from work (javalina) and his wife will be making street tacos on site.



    Please read the following carefully:
    MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Stock Jeep with Stock Suspension and Stock tires. If you don't meet the minimum requirements PM me (unless it is a rental car and then just go for it)

    You are responsible for yourself and I assume no liability.

    Family friendly. Bring the kids.

    Roster:
    Will e (FSJ, CB, Ham)
    Javalina (my work friend)
    Lumpy (my non AZVJC friend)

    Let's say three more folks:
    1.
    2.
    3.
    Hey if you have room for one more I may join you. Won't know until Friday morning. Need to see if I can hide from my boss first. I tagged along last Friday.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Mesa
    Posts
    3,165

    Re: No, really, another BULLDOG run? 3/3 (Friday)

    You bet. Doesn't look like everyone is rushing to join in. Should be another great day for it.
    82 Cherokee WT SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/custom bumpers and roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/CB/dual batts/custom TC skid plate

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Gilbert
    Posts
    105

    Re: No, really, another BULLDOG run? 3/3 (Friday)

    Woot! looking forward to it!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Superstitions
    Posts
    879

    Re: No, really, another BULLDOG run? 3/3 (Friday)

    I'm going to be out there today but not until after noon. Probably heading in through Hackamore, or maybe Cottonwood. I'll keep a look out and maybe run into you guys while I'm out there.
    '07 JKUR, MC 2.5, MT/R k 35's

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Mesa
    Posts
    3,165

    Re: No, really, another BULLDOG run? 3/3 (Friday)

    You bet! We normally lunch at a little spot just south of the 10 intersection. If you see my Red FSJ come on over, get a cheese crisp!
    82 Cherokee WT SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/custom bumpers and roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/CB/dual batts/custom TC skid plate

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Gilbert
    Posts
    105

    Re: No, really, another BULLDOG run? 3/3 (Friday)

    Was a beautiful day to Jeep topless, and a lot fun with good food. Will E with his signature cheese crisp, and then some chicken street taco's.

    thanks for the run!

    -Jav





    Last edited by javelina; 03-03-2017 at 04:38 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Mesa
    Posts
    3,165

    Re: No, really, another BULLDOG run? 3/3 (Friday)

    Thank your better half again for the taco's. The lime marinaided onions on the perfectly seasoned chicken was awesome. What a great day to be out and play a little hooky.
    82 Cherokee WT SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/custom bumpers and roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/CB/dual batts/custom TC skid plate

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Gilbert
    Posts
    105

    Re: No, really, another BULLDOG run? 3/3 (Friday)

    Quote Originally Posted by Will E View Post
    Thank your better half again for the taco's. The lime marinaided onions on the perfectly seasoned chicken was awesome. What a great day to be out and play a little hooky.
    Indeed buddy, I'll pass that along to her! thanks again for the run. As you say, beats an afternoon at work!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    12

    Re: No, really, another BULLDOG run? 3/3 (Friday)

    Thanks for the run and the food.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Phoenix - South Mountain
    Posts
    431

    Re: No, really, another BULLDOG run? 3/3 (Friday)

    A great afternoon to hit the trail. Thanks for the awesome grub! It was fun wheeling with y'all!


    Life's Short - Play Dirty

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    East Mesa
    Posts
    415

    Re: No, really, another BULLDOG run? 3/3 (Friday)

    Man, why do you always have to do this on Fridays

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Gilbert
    Posts
    105

    Re: No, really, another BULLDOG run? 3/3 (Friday)

    thanks Desertcarrot & chazur! it was good wheeling with you guys! catch ya on the next trail!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pinetop, AZ
    Posts
    1,824

    Re: No, really, another BULLDOG run? 3/3 (Friday)

    Looks like you folks had a good time. But for the readers, for some reason the link for the permit in the OP doesn't work.

    This one does work, at least at this time, hehe:

    https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/tonto...telprdb5348179

    Gotta love the .gov, changing stuff all the time. . . .
    Ted - K2AMD
    2006 KJ pretty much stock, but well stocked when I travel!
    Quote Originally Posted by Locked & Loaded View Post
    LOL. I'm one of the dbags.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Mesa
    Posts
    3,165

    Re: No, really, another BULLDOG run? 3/3 (Friday)

    Quote Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
    Looks like you folks had a good time. But for the readers, for some reason the link for the permit in the OP doesn't work.

    This one does work, at least at this time, hehe:

    https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/tonto...telprdb5348179

    Gotta love the .gov, changing stuff all the time. . . .
    It was a blast. I recopied your URL into my orignal post as well.
    82 Cherokee WT SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/custom bumpers and roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/CB/dual batts/custom TC skid plate

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Camping friday night at bulldog canyon, 11/6 - Run saturday morning.
    By aroundincircles in forum Pleasure/Stock runs (Street - 2.0)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-08-2015, 02:16 PM
  2. Bulldog
    By RHuckster in forum Pleasure/Stock runs (Street - 2.0)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-20-2015, 07:24 PM
  3. Bulldog Canyon, Friday 11/26
    By Punkin_Belle in forum Pleasure/Stock runs (Street - 2.0)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-26-2010, 07:49 AM
  4. More of Bulldog
    By zjfabn in forum Pictures Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-22-2009, 03:45 PM
  5. Friday! Friday! Friday! At Firebird Raceway!
    By danno in forum Pleasure/Stock runs (Street - 2.0)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-28-2007, 11:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •