Thread: No, really, another BULLDOG run? 3/3 (Friday)

No, really, another BULLDOG run? 3/3 (Friday)

Goodness, I am going to run it again. This time with a guy from work (and azvjc member javalina) and a buddy. A few more can tag along if they want.

You need a permit. It's free and online. It's via email so don't wait till Friday morning to request it:

https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/tonto...telprdb5348179

We will start at the Ellsworth trailhead (FR3554) at 11am, meet up with FR10 and exit at the 'wolverine pass' trail head. If we are moving along pretty well some of us might shoot off FR1356 and end up out at the apache trail (cottonwood).

This trail is out by the Salt River Recreation so it's not too far from town. Also, it's not too long and not too difficult. Great Scenery, some fun washes and an easy 'play hill' with an easier bypass.

We will stop for lunch under the shade of a mesquite tree. I normally take an hour or so for lunch and will have a small grill to cook things on. Free Cheese crisps to anyone who wants one. The guy from work (javalina) and his wife will be making street tacos on site.

Please read the following carefully:
    MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Stock Jeep with Stock Suspension and Stock tires. If you don't meet the minimum requirements PM me (unless it is a rental car and then just go for it)

You are responsible for yourself and I assume no liability.

Family friendly. Bring the kids.

Roster:
    Will e (FSJ, CB, Ham)
    Javalina (my work friend)
    Lumpy (my non AZVJC friend)

Let's say three more folks:
    1. Desertcarrot
    Last edited by Will E; 03-06-2017 at 05:28 AM.
    82 Cherokee WT SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/custom bumpers and roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/CB/dual batts/custom TC skid plate

Re: No, really, another BULLDOG run? 3/3 (Friday)

Quote Originally Posted by Will E View Post
    Goodness, I am going to run it again. This time with a guy from work (and azvjc member javalina) and a buddy. A few more can tag along if they want.

You need a permit. It's free and online. It's via email so don't wait till Friday morning to request it:

We will start at the Ellsworth trailhead (FR3554) at 11am, meet up with FR10 and exit at the 'wolverine pass' trail head. If we are moving along pretty well some of us might shoot off FR1356 and end up out at the apache trail (cottonwood).

This trail is out by the Salt River Recreation so it's not too far from town. Also, it's not too long and not too difficult. Great Scenery, some fun washes and an easy 'play hill' with an easier bypass.

We will stop for lunch under the shade of a mesquite tree. I normally take an hour or so for lunch and will have a small grill to cook things on. Free Cheese crisps to anyone who wants one. The guy from work (javalina) and his wife will be making street tacos on site.

Please read the following carefully:
    MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Stock Jeep with Stock Suspension and Stock tires. If you don't meet the minimum requirements PM me (unless it is a rental car and then just go for it)

You are responsible for yourself and I assume no liability.

Family friendly. Bring the kids.

Roster:
    Will e (FSJ, CB, Ham)
    Javalina (my work friend)
    Lumpy (my non AZVJC friend)

Let's say three more folks:
    Hey if you have room for one more I may join you. Won't know until Friday morning. Need to see if I can hide from my boss first. I tagged along last Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You bet. Doesn't look like everyone is rushing to join in. Should be another great day for it.
    82 Cherokee WT SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/custom bumpers and roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/CB/dual batts/custom TC skid plate

Woot! looking forward to it!

I'm going to be out there today but not until after noon. Probably heading in through Hackamore, or maybe Cottonwood. I'll keep a look out and maybe run into you guys while I'm out there.
    '07 JKUR, MC 2.5, MT/R k 35's

You bet! We normally lunch at a little spot just south of the 10 intersection. If you see my Red FSJ come on over, get a cheese crisp!

Was a beautiful day to Jeep topless, and a lot fun with good food. Will E with his signature cheese crisp, and then some chicken street taco's.

thanks for the run!

-Jav

Last edited by javelina; 03-03-2017 at 04:38 PM.

Thank your better half again for the taco's. The lime marinaided onions on the perfectly seasoned chicken was awesome. What a great day to be out and play a little hooky.

Quote Originally Posted by Will E View Post
    Thank your better half again for the taco's. The lime marinaided onions on the perfectly seasoned chicken was awesome. What a great day to be out and play a little hooky.
    Indeed buddy, I'll pass that along to her! thanks again for the run. As you say, beats an afternoon at work!

Thanks for the run and the food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A great afternoon to hit the trail. Thanks for the awesome grub! It was fun wheeling with y'all!

Life's Short - Play Dirty

Man, why do you always have to do this on Fridays

thanks Desertcarrot & chazur! it was good wheeling with you guys! catch ya on the next trail!

Looks like you folks had a good time. But for the readers, for some reason the link for the permit in the OP doesn't work.

This one does work, at least at this time, hehe:

Gotta love the .gov, changing stuff all the time. . . .
    Ted - K2AMD
    2006 KJ pretty much stock, but well stocked when I travel!
    Quote Originally Posted by Locked & Loaded View Post
    LOL. I'm one of the dbags.

Quote Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
    Looks like you folks had a good time. But for the readers, for some reason the link for the permit in the OP doesn't work.

This one does work, at least at this time, hehe:

Gotta love the .gov, changing stuff all the time. . . .
    It was a blast. I recopied your URL into my orignal post as well.

Thread Information