Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: House of Representatives Repeals BLM 2.0 Planning Rule

Re: House of Representatives Repeals BLM 2.0 Planning Rule

Last edited by LO PHAT; 02-28-2017 at 12:40 PM.

"Lophat is not going anywhere, it's a reference. This forum would fold up and die if he left. LOL!" -- OTR-93YJ

"if they are like LoPhat, then their heads are stuck so far up their rear they have re-emerged as a head." -- From_Catherine

"Lo-Phat.. Don't wash the XJ. You don't want someone to confuse it as a mall crawler.." -- Will E

Non-College Educated Working Class White Deplorable....

Goodluck

Thought you all would like to know this passed the Senate 51-48. It now heads to President Trump's desk for his signature.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...-resolution/44
    Bachelor Degree in Environmental Science and showing who does the real damage is my game.

Once signed, we are basically back to the 1983 rule and what it entails. And as a bonus, once signed the BLM can NEVER try to institute anything similar to this without Congressional Review.
    Bachelor Degree in Environmental Science and showing who does the real damage is my game.

These joint resolutions are scary. More so when they are brief and yet eliminate many years of planning and work.

We demanded longer comment periods. That will be gone. We demanded earlier public participation in planning processes. That will be gone.

"Congressional review" means that people on the east coast will be making decisions for our land management issues. The states that do not have the BLM have very little open access to OHV recreation.

I hope you know what you're doing. Me, I'm nervous.

But I have to give you kudos for getting involved instead of just *****ing and whining like most do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Machinist View Post
    Once signed, we are basically back to the 1983 rule and what it entails. And as a bonus, once signed the BLM can NEVER try to institute anything similar to this without Congressional Review.
    H-O-L-E-Y F-A-W-K

If you read through the actual list of changes the BLM wanted to make to the wording of the language of the travel management planning, it was a bad thing for us.

Landscape level planning will not benefit us in any way.

And the final desicions on the travel management alternatives would have been made at the state director level instead of locally.

Quote Originally Posted by OTR-93YJ View Post
    These joint resolutions are scary. More so when they are brief and yet eliminate many years of planning and work.

We demanded longer comment periods. That will be gone. We demanded earlier public participation in planning processes. That will be gone.

"Congressional review" means that people on the east coast will be making decisions for our land management issues. The states that do not have the BLM have very little open access to OHV recreation.

I hope you know what you're doing. Me, I'm nervous.

But I have to give you kudos for getting involved instead of just *****ing and whining like most do.
    I think you may have misunderstood the "congressional review" part. Local land use planning decisions will still be made locally, district by district instead of on a "landscape level" that may encompass several districts or states. The "congressional review" part comes into play if the BLM trys to pass another rule similar to the 2.0 rule. Then Congress must review the rule to see if is ok.

On "landscape level" planning we could lose access to entire states at a clip. We weren't the only ones to come out against this. The list is quite long.

Let me show you all how sure I am. 5.7l, TH00 trans, 32 spine NP241. Axles are being worked out. I have my choice of what is laying here.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

So what are the chances this now all gets hung up in court for the next 5 years? I figure the environment for profit lawyers are druelling at this.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    It's like an LJ... only bigger.

That's my concern as well. A lot of what the BLM did was because of a lawsuit filed by the greenies.

I've reached out to one person at the BLM but so far all I've heard is "don't get excited" about this.

I get the feeling it'll change very little, if anything, when it comes to OHV in general. Hunting and fishing will be affected.

But, we will see.

The brief rulings like this that basically say the same thing Joe Pesci said.

I hope you don't think I'm directing that at you Mike. But I've read the rule that was entered into the federal registry, the one that "shall have no effect" and there is nothing in it about trail closures.
    Last edited by OTR-93YJ; 03-14-2017 at 01:32 PM.

Actually if I was working for the BLM right now I would be really worried about this. Given the wanted 12% budget cut and the fact that if there is nothing for the BLM to "manage" then why do they need so many employees? Especially since Secretary Zinke was basically given carte blanche to make the cuts where he sees fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiled1 View Post
    So what are the chances this now all gets hung up in court for the next 5 years? I figure the environment for profit lawyers are druelling at this.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    I wasn't ignoring anyone, I've just been busy uploading information. Nearly 4 1/2 terabytes of research and notes I've done. And I have also been trying to find a way to put this that doesn't sound arrogant or condescending. If it does it is not meant to.

We are well aware of the eco freak's reactions to all of this. So like a spoiled child who has abused their privileges, those privileges get taken away.

https://newhouse.house.gov/media-cen...t-reform-bills

Yes we are going after the Endangered Species Act also. There are hearings being conducted on it right now. And we stand a damn good chance of getting it reformed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Machinist View Post
    Yes we are going after the Endangered Species Act also. There are hearings being conducted on it right now. And we stand a damn good chance of getting it reformed.
    OMG, what does this mean for the square headlight crowd?

Life's Short - Play Dirty

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information