Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: House of Representatives Repeals BLM 2.0 Planning Rule

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Clifton
    Posts
    717

    House of Representatives Repeals BLM 2.0 Planning Rule

    thewesterner.blogspot.com/2017/02/house-passes-repeal-of-blm-planning-20.html

    We are working on the no more BLM or USFS thing. And the all out assault begins.
    Bachelor Degree in Environmental Science and showing who does the real damage is my game.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Clifton
    Posts
    717

    Re: House of Representatives Repeals BLM 2.0 Planning Rule


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    East Mesa
    Posts
    1,944

    Re: House of Representatives Repeals BLM 2.0 Planning Rule

    I assume this means that they will have to go back and develop a new rule? Any chance this overturns the open unless posted closed rule? or was that change enacted long ago?
    It's like an LJ... only bigger.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Mountain
    Posts
    9,049

    Re: House of Representatives Repeals BLM 2.0 Planning Rule

    Quote Originally Posted by Xiled1 View Post
    I assume this means that they will have to go back and develop a new rule? Any chance this overturns the open unless posted closed rule? or was that change enacted long ago?
    Name:  DJT Exec Order Jeep Trails.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  139.2 KB
    4.0, NV4500, Atlas II, TAD Shafts, 30 spline D30/Trussed & Gusseted, Budget PSC Hydro-Assist/LetzRoll 7075 steering, Currie 9, 4.56s, ARBs, M.O.R.E Shock Towers, 6.125" SUA lift, 35" MTRK, Kilby/York OBA, Warn, Caged, Raven Armor, Fenom Fab Sliders, Geniuine China Bro Bars, Zip Ties, Duct Tape

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    On the Elvis "squeeze" Bypass
    Posts
    2,435

    Re: House of Representatives Repeals BLM 2.0 Planning Rule

    Quote Originally Posted by Xiled1 View Post
    I assume this means that they will have to go back and develop a new rule? Any chance this overturns the open unless posted closed rule? or was that change enacted long ago?
    No, it will just revert to the original (BLM 1.0?) Rule, the one prior to this nightmare.

    https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-201...2016-28724.pdf Longer than a hooker's dream.

    There's nothing in this about 'closed unless posted'. That may be part of NEPA. Maybe Mad Machinist knows.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience more often than not comes from bad judgement.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Anthem
    Posts
    195

    Re: House of Representatives Repeals BLM 2.0 Planning Rule

    Quote Originally Posted by TreeKiller View Post
    Name:  DJT Exec Order Jeep Trails.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  139.2 KB
    Awesome! Image saved.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Buckeye, Az.
    Posts
    7,065

    Re: House of Representatives Repeals BLM 2.0 Planning Rule

    Quote Originally Posted by Xiled1 View Post
    I assume this means that they will have to go back and develop a new rule? Any chance this overturns the open unless posted closed rule? or was that change enacted long ago?
    I believe that's exactly what it means. Everything involved in their "resource management plans" will be void. But I'm still looking at this.
    Non-College Educated Working Class White Deplorable....

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    296

    Re: House of Representatives Repeals BLM 2.0 Planning Rule

    Awesomeness

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Clifton
    Posts
    717

    Re: House of Representatives Repeals BLM 2.0 Planning Rule

    "and such rule shall have no force or effect".

    In other words, everything done under this rule is null, void, and doesn't mean a damn thing anymore.

    My bet is those in the BLM who railed against us will now want to "work" with us. All I have to say is I play on a higher level now, my boots are hob nailed, and definitely made for walking.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Buckeye, Az.
    Posts
    7,065

    Re: House of Representatives Repeals BLM 2.0 Planning Rule

    I'm not sure this is a great thing for me or not. They (BLM) may try to undo all the work that was done for competitive events since that was part of the resource management plan.
    Last edited by OTR-93YJ; 02-13-2017 at 11:30 AM.
    Non-College Educated Working Class White Deplorable....

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Buckeye, Az.
    Posts
    7,065

    Re: House of Representatives Repeals BLM 2.0 Planning Rule

    Mike,
    Where can we get more info on this bill?

    I'm trying to see just exactly what it will undo and what the effects on competitive events will be.

    Here is the summary of the rule submitted by the BLM:

    The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) is amending its regulations that establish the procedures used to prepare, revise, or amend land use plans pursuant to the Federal Land Policy and Management Act (FLPMA). The final rule affirms the important role of other Federal agencies, State and local governments, Indian tribes, and the public during the planning process and enhances opportunities for public involvement and transparency during the preparation of resource management plans. The final rule will enable the BLM to more readily address resource issues at a variety of scales, such as wildfire, wildlife habitat, appropriate development, or the demand for renewable and non-renewable energy sources, and to respond more effectively to change. The final rule emphasizes the role of using high quality information, including the best available scientific information, in the planning process; and the importance of evaluating the resource, environmental, ecological, social, and economic conditions at the onset of planning. Finally, the final rule makes revisions to clarify existing text and to improve the readability of the planning regulations
    Last edited by OTR-93YJ; 02-13-2017 at 11:54 AM.
    Non-College Educated Working Class White Deplorable....

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    climbing in some strangers limo
    Posts
    11,557

    Re: House of Representatives Repeals BLM 2.0 Planning Rule

    Updates?. This is awesome!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mingoglia View Post
    For the record, I'm a douchebag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili View Post
    Shaft size/strength is pretty important.
    "Randabuggy 2.0" in progress

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Clifton
    Posts
    717

    Re: House of Representatives Repeals BLM 2.0 Planning Rule

    Quote Originally Posted by OTR-93YJ View Post
    Mike,
    Where can we get more info on this bill?

    I'm trying to see just exactly what it will undo and what the effects on competitive events will be.

    Here is the summary of the rule submitted by the BLM:

    The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) is amending its regulations that establish the procedures used to prepare, revise, or amend land use plans pursuant to the Federal Land Policy and Management Act (FLPMA). The final rule affirms the important role of other Federal agencies, State and local governments, Indian tribes, and the public during the planning process and enhances opportunities for public involvement and transparency during the preparation of resource management plans. The final rule will enable the BLM to more readily address resource issues at a variety of scales, such as wildfire, wildlife habitat, appropriate development, or the demand for renewable and non-renewable energy sources, and to respond more effectively to change. The final rule emphasizes the role of using high quality information, including the best available scientific information, in the planning process; and the importance of evaluating the resource, environmental, ecological, social, and economic conditions at the onset of planning. Finally, the final rule makes revisions to clarify existing text and to improve the readability of the planning regulations
    This is about far more than just competitive events. This is about lunacy disguised as public policy.

    The link I posted leads to the actual bill and what is in it.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Clifton
    Posts
    717

    Re: House of Representatives Repeals BLM 2.0 Planning Rule

    Quote Originally Posted by djui5 View Post
    Updates?. This is awesome!!
    Randy,

    We're working on it. Right now it is in the Senate waiting on a vote. And considering where things are going, it won't be a whole lot longer before we know.

    I will know relatively quickly after it gets voted on.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 5 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 5 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-26-2012, 05:19 PM
  2. Forest Planning Rule - Send Those Comments!!!
    By Xiled1 in forum Land Use
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-03-2011, 11:21 AM
  3. Just had to write my representatives....
    By Xiled1 in forum Land Use
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-18-2011, 08:35 AM
  4. Old Men Rule
    By katvans in forum Off Topic General Discussions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-14-2011, 09:03 PM
  5. Does your right foot rule??
    By FourxDad in forum Off Topic General Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-04-2009, 11:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •