Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ill describe my perfect camping spot, feel free to let me know if youve seen it!!

Re: ill describe my perfect camping spot, feel free to let me know if youve seen it!!

BTW, the place I posted above meets most of your requirements:

ill more than likely never see anyone else: Yes
    somewhere i can relax for a few days: Up to 14 days for free
    possibly do some stream fishing: Yes
    preferably blm: Forest Service not BLM, but pretty much the same
    moderately difficult to reach: Yes, not super hard, but you wouldn't do it in a sedan
    super green forest: Yes
    up on a mountain with an incredible view: Not a mountain, but on top of a canyon. Still an incredible view
    near a stream: Yes
    cool days, cold nights: Yes, especially now, but it never gets too hot up there, even in the summer. I would probably wait until spring unless you like it really cold
    hopefully no further than 4-5 hours away from phoenix: Yes, I think it was about 3 and a half hours from Phoenix.

Oh and if you do decide to camp up there, drive road 751B. You will definitely need the Jeep for that road, but it has a fire tower on one end, that you can climb and see the entire forest from up there. And on the other end is a doppler radar station, which looks like a giant golf ball on a tower.
    Last edited by bmlbytes; 11-30-2016 at 08:31 PM.
    1995 Jeep Wrangler YJ Rio Grande, 31" tires, 3" lift, 12k lbs winch, front Spartan lockers
    We keep a log of our Jeep adventures on our website: Arizona Adventurers

Re: ill describe my perfect camping spot, feel free to let me know if youve seen it!!

Quote Originally Posted by dustin g View Post
    I proposed to Megan not too far from there.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    That's awesome !

Quote Originally Posted by armygreenjk View Post
    Good location
    Good fishing
    No people

Pick any two. LOL
    hahaha, i now it. found an incredible spot in utah near zion national park, as did everyone else it seemed. didnt much feel like camping with that many people around. ive gotten lucky a few spots near payson but im eager to start some dispersed camping.

Quote Originally Posted by MV3 View Post
    My favorite spot in AZ. East Fork of the Black River. You'll have to wait until spring though.
    damn man, thats beautiful. ill be checking it out for sure, thanks for sharing it.

Quote Originally Posted by bmlbytes View Post
    BTW, the place I posted above meets most of your requirements:

ill more than likely never see anyone else: Yes
    somewhere i can relax for a few days: Up to 14 days for free
    possibly do some stream fishing: Yes
    preferably blm: Forest Service not BLM, but pretty much the same
    moderately difficult to reach: Yes, not super hard, but you wouldn't do it in a sedan
    super green forest: Yes
    up on a mountain with an incredible view: Not a mountain, but on top of a canyon. Still an incredible view
    near a stream: Yes
    cool days, cold nights: Yes, especially now, but it never gets too hot up there, even in the summer. I would probably wait until spring unless you like it really cold
    hopefully no further than 4-5 hours away from phoenix: Yes, I think it was about 3 and a half hours from Phoenix.

Oh and if you do decide to camp up there, drive road 751B. You will definitely need the Jeep for that road, but it has a fire tower on one end, that you can climb and see the entire forest from up there. And on the other end is a doppler radar station, which looks like a giant golf ball on a tower.
    thanks so much man, ive been up in that area but not that close to wiggins crossing yet. i was up near kohls ranch a few weeks back. from what i could find on google earth the coincidences you sent me seem much better than what ive seen yet. im a sucker for a good view so ill be sure to find that fire tower.

Anywhere up in the rim country/white mountains will be great for dispersed camping and have varying degrees of the stuff you want. A bit further than you asked, but one of my favorites for fishing is Reservation Lake on the Ft Apache res. Of course you cannot get there this time of year, but the fishing is usually good and even though there are other people around, you can almost always find a spot in the campground on the east side of the lake where you will feel all alone.
    Ted - K2AMD
    2006 KJ pretty much stock, but well stocked when I travel!
    Quote Originally Posted by Locked & Loaded View Post
    LOL. I'm one of the dbags.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information