Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ***Important*** Fill Out OHV Survey

Re: ***Important*** Fill Out OHV Survey

Quote Originally Posted by OTR-93YJ View Post
    Thanks for not mentioning my age.....

I've been through the survey more than once and cannot get myself to finish it. I emailed the State and asked some questions. It almost seems like they are asking about your last trip out but then asks for yearly expenses.

Color me skeptical. I'll post the reply when I get it.

Gender? Ethnic? Household income? Year of Birth? Level of Education?
    W.T.F.???
    Quote Originally Posted by jheflin2006 View Post
    Yeah I went through all that too. They're probably trying to see how much money we as a whole dump into the community and their programs to either see if we're worth the continued hassles or to see if maybe there's money to be had if they were to start charging us for use of these trails like a Red Rock or Tonto Pass
    I agree Doug -- it's confusing. On those questions, I just multiplied the figure in the box on the left by 12 and put it in the annual box LOL. With regards to the info about gender, income, etc, sounds like an attempt to learn about the demographic composition of people who use the trails. I occasionally participate in market research focus groups and they all require a preliminary online survey which is much more detailed than this one. Every one of the surveys asks those questions. They want to know who is using the trails.
    '93 YJ, 4.0, NV4500, Atlas, 35s
    '17 WK2, 5.7, ZF8HP70, NV245, 31s

Quote Originally Posted by ob1jeeper View Post
    Sorry, i have no clue who put this together, but this survey is a sorry excuse for a survey. Anyone who thinks the data collected resembles a valid data set is sadly mistaken. It's obvious they have no clue as to what they wish to understand...
    ^^ This.

I'm not completing it till I get a reply from the State as to what they are trying to learn. This is more like a survey to get predetermined answers.

Here is what I got back from the state: (in professional circles I go by Martin.)

Good Afternoon Martin,

Thank you for reaching out to me regarding the OHV Survey.

The survey is designed to gather information about the value the OHV program brings to the state. Due to the fact that Jeeps and other 4 wheel drive vehicles do contribute to the program through the gas tax (HURF), Arizona State Parks does view all off road vehicles as a valuable part of the OHV community. In fact, we even changed our OHV logo to include the 4 wheel drive users.

By demonstrating the vast financial impact the OHV users have on the State of Arizona and its resource, we can better work with partners to ensure that all OHV interests are represented.

I hope this answers your question. I have include the Assistant OHV Coordinator in this email should you need further assistance.

It didn't answer them so I reached out to Mathew and he called me. We walked through the survey one page at a time and he took some notes to pass on to the creator. I think he understands the concerns a little better now.

But, it does sound like they are trying to show that OHV activities do help the economy in Az. When they ask about the OHV areas they are not limiting the scope to the designated areas.

The survey results are going to ASU.

Here is what I got back from the state: (in professional circles I go by Martin.)

[I]Good Afternoon Martin,
    Lol yeah I get that a lot as well when people are stupid and can't read. I mean, we do both have a lot of first names.

Are you saying that State employees in charge of spending our OHV funds MAY be stupid?? Hmmm....

AZ Game and Fish and ASU Survey

Hey all! I saw on Facebook that the AC G&F department and ASU are requesting people fill out a survey regarding OHV use. Take a few and fill it out!

http://azstateparks.com/OHV/index.html

Re: AZ Game and Fish and ASU Survey

done.

done
    Brad B. 2014 FLAME RED JKU SPORT
    KE7SAJ To those who have served THANK YOU.

Blog Entries

done
    79 cj7, rebuilt 304, YJ family "cage" , wide track axles, Moser 1 pc. rear, lockrites F/R, TF999/D300 with custom floor shifter, twin sticked, 33x12.5x15 Falken Wild Peaks

Merged the two threads on this survey...

Done
    87 YJ, 4" spring under,35 mud, Dana 44 front eaton E-Locker, Ford 9" detroit locker, Flip dana 300, Fuel injected, Stroker motor, OBA, full roll cage

I'm bumping this old post, because it is very important. Just got out of another land use/OHV meeting and if you want to have an impact on future AZ legislation, this survey is about the best way to do so. The old survey was completed in 2002 and showed that OHV usage brings in $40M annually to the State of AZ. That was well before the sideXside revolution and the numbers are way low. The more revenue that is brought in by OHV usage, the more we have a pull in future legislation. Share this with your friends and please, take the survey if you haven't already.
    Thanks.

azstateparks.com/OHV
    Last edited by Huck; 07-12-2017 at 12:33 PM.
    yah, Huck you newbie, Rubicon drivin', mall Cruisin', bling-bling, bolt-on, got no drivin skillz, drove thru a AutoZone with a crap magnet attached, H2 wannabe, poseur! Pay attention!
    If you would pry your sorry arse out the Scottsdale Fashion Square once in a while you would know more about the BLM and the USFS (you do know those acronyms, right?).

Quote Originally Posted by TreeKiller View Post
    Some poorly designed questions about monetary expenditures, but I get it. We all spend lots of money on this hobby of ours, whether it be for vehicle upgrades / maintenance, food, beverage, camping gear, lodging, etc etc. Let's let them know that we contribute to the state's economy.
    Agreed........Completed it anyway.
    Tom

But, yea, when it comes to those types of headlights, round is best!

Done. Thx for the link!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information