Thread: Looking for a website builder

Looking for a website builder

I am expanding my existing concrete business to include concrete countertops. I am looking for someone to build a website for me. I have completed my training and have made 30-40 countertops and need a way to show customers what I can do. Anyone here do this kind of thing? I am pretty good with building things out of concrete, not so good with computers.

John Halverson
    Javic Inc.
    602-568-5711
    "if they are like LoPhat, then their heads are stuck so far up their rear they have re-emerged as a head."

Blog Entries

Re: Looking for a website builder

Just going to throw this out there, Depending on your budget/time, there are a lot of companies out there that provide a "web site building service".

Godaddy, squarespace, wix, fatcow, etc. Where, if you can put together a powerpoint, you can build your own website, and some are easier than that.

You have to pay for a domain, and hosting of a website, and these roll that cost into one price. and if you are planning on updating pictures, dates, or other information on the site, its good to have something you can control yourself.

I can do website building. Technically, it's pretty easy. However, I'll be the first to admit I'm artistically challenged so it probably wouldn't be very catching. What I can do is offer you 1 year free hosting and a competitive rate after that. You pay for the domain name (usually $10 to $15 per year) and I'll set up your site. You can register through me, or any other domain registrar. The issues with at least some of those sites Karl mentioned is they still own your site. And your content. If you decide you want to move to your own domain, you have to build your site from scratch again. At least that's the way it was a few years ago when I checked into it. If you are interested, you can call me at 928-231-3407.

Bill

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    90 YJ, 93 4.0l, AX-15, 3.55 D35/30 with ARB F/R, Atlas 4.3:1, Warn Full Float kit rear, on 33's, M.O.R.E motor mounts, 1" BL, Warn 9k.

I used webs.com to build mine. The tools are very easy to understand.

If you decide to go at it alone, I suggest webs.

mine: http://www.rsdracing.com/home.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Halverson again View Post
    I am expanding my existing concrete business to include concrete countertops. I am looking for someone to build a website for me. I have completed my training and have made 30-40 countertops and need a way to show customers what I can do. Anyone here do this kind of thing? I am pretty good with building things out of concrete, not so good with computers.

John Halverson
    Javic Inc.
    602-568-5711
    Could you give us some more details? Do you have any budget for this? Are you expanding your business and you need a website for marketing purposes? Or you just need a simple website with information about your services? I guess you can easily find someone to build a website for you but the price will depend on what you need this website for.

LINK REMOVED
    Last edited by aribelin; 12-18-2016 at 08:33 AM.

This is a tough one, I dumped a gaggle of money into a couple of builders to end up getting crap, was amazed at how the two builders had no concept of the construction business, mostly my fault as I went the frugal route, thinking cheap.

I'm interviewing a few now and reviewing some of their work, and hope to by first of year to have site up and running.
    Its a lot harder than i thought coming up with a list of content and what i want out of a site, as you stated, I"m great at what I do, building *****, but the electronic crap befuddles me.
    good luck
    Rj

Are you an APPLE user?
    I would suggest setting up an appt with a tech at the apple store and see if they can help direct you!

Dave
    Im back to the drawing board
    STAY TUNED!

Thread Information