Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: Payment for my subscription

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Gilbert, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    3,238

    Payment for my subscription

    I have received 2 emails in the past week that my subscription renewal has been denied via paypal because of a lack of backup funding source.

    I have my bank account and a credit card in Paypal, so not sure why this is a problem.

    I was going to just choose the links under Settings/Paid Subscriptions and renew that way, but not sure how to set it up for auto-renewal again. Also, how do I know when my Silver subscription ends?
    2000 XJ Sport

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Queen Creek
    Posts
    8,790

    Re: Payment for my subscription

    Your Silver Subscription expired yesterday. I believe that the auto-renewal function is the default for subscriptions but I haven't had to do one in years myself.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Gilbert, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    3,238

    Re: Payment for my subscription

    I went ahead and purchased Life Membership. I won't have to worry anymore about renewing until after I am re-incarnated.
    2000 XJ Sport

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    apache junction arizona
    Posts
    10,873

    Re: Payment for my subscription

    Smart move!
    When I'm notified with a paypal notice then ill mail your decal packet to ya!
    Also Allen can give you entrance to the Lifemembers section.

    Welcome as a LIFER Vinne.

    Dave
    Im back to the drawing board
    STAY TUNED!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Gilbert, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    3,238

    Re: Payment for my subscription

    Quote Originally Posted by azgypsy View Post
    Smart move!
    When I'm notified with a paypal notice then ill mail your decal packet to ya!
    Also Allen can give you entrance to the Lifemembers section.

    Welcome as a LIFER Vinne.

    Dave
    Thank you!
    2000 XJ Sport

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    apache junction arizona
    Posts
    10,873

    Re: Payment for my subscription

    I'll even deliver that decal packet personally!
    Lol

    Dave
    Im back to the drawing board
    STAY TUNED!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    mesa az
    Posts
    4,795

    Re: Payment for my subscription

    Quote Originally Posted by vin man View Post
    I went ahead and purchased Life Membership. I won't have to worry anymore about renewing until after I am re-incarnated.
    I did the same so I would not have to ever worry about it again. even if I don't own a jeep I can still come here and talk ****.
    Barry
    Wheel it while ya can
    and sway bars are overrated. IMO

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    On a trail just taking in the scenery
    Posts
    15,575
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Payment for my subscription

    Quote Originally Posted by vin man View Post
    I have received 2 emails in the past week that my subscription renewal has been denied via paypal because of a lack of backup funding source.

    I have my bank account and a credit card in Paypal, so not sure why this is a problem.

    I was going to just choose the links under Settings/Paid Subscriptions and renew that way, but not sure how to set it up for auto-renewal again. Also, how do I know when my Silver subscription ends?
    Were you able to renew?
    Yeah, I'm a girl drivin a jeep you have a problem with that?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NE. Mesa
    Posts
    7,117

    Re: Payment for my subscription

    Quote Originally Posted by My Green Jeep View Post
    Were you able to renew?
    typical woman....doesn't listen(read)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Gilbert, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    3,238

    Re: Payment for my subscription

    Quote Originally Posted by ShmUDE View Post
    typical woman....doesn't listen(read)
    LOL!

    Yes, Rox. I'm a member for life now.
    2000 XJ Sport

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Durango, CO
    Posts
    2,153

    Re: Payment for my subscription

    Make sure you go into PayPal and set up the auto payment to be cancelled for VJC. The system is automatic. They way I got my Lifetime membership was an accident. My auto renewal was set up for Bronze, then Joe gave me a Silver membership for doing his survey a few years ago, and that one auto renewed as well so in essence it double charged me for two seperate memberships.

    I got ahold of him and paid the difference and then he told me I had to cancel on my end so the system
    would stop automatically charging me for seperate memberships each year.
    My name is Daniel. I pretty much STILL do what I want.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Gilbert, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    3,238

    Re: Payment for my subscription

    Quote Originally Posted by ZJROCKRIG View Post
    Make sure you go into PayPal and set up the auto payment to be cancelled for VJC. The system is automatic. They way I got my Lifetime membership was an accident. My auto renewal was set up for Bronze, then Joe gave me a Silver membership for doing his survey a few years ago, and that one auto renewed as well so in essence it double charged me for two seperate memberships.

    I got ahold of him and paid the difference and then he told me I had to cancel on my end so the system
    would stop automatically charging me for seperate memberships each year.
    Thanks. I will go check that out now. Edit: I checked in paypal. I can't find any auto-payments there.
    How do I #1-make sure that VJC doesn't charge me anymore?
    #2 - Paypal doesn't try and autopay?
    Last edited by vin man; 07-27-2016 at 06:03 AM.
    2000 XJ Sport

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    On a trail just taking in the scenery
    Posts
    15,575
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Payment for my subscription

    LOL, whoops
    Yeah, I'm a girl drivin a jeep you have a problem with that?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pinetop, AZ
    Posts
    1,812

    Re: Payment for my subscription

    So why does he still show as silver?
    Ted - K2AMD
    2006 KJ pretty much stock, but well stocked when I travel!
    Quote Originally Posted by Locked & Loaded View Post
    LOL. I'm one of the dbags.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Gilbert, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    3,238

    Re: Payment for my subscription

    Yeah? Why? It showed as Life Member right after I paid. Now it is back to Silver?
    2000 XJ Sport

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Alternatives for subscription purchase
    By Pro Seatz in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-24-2009, 08:25 AM
  2. paid subscription
    By pirate16 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-30-2007, 12:24 AM
  3. Free JP Magazine Subscription
    By Lifes A Jeep in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-27-2006, 12:27 PM
  4. Paid subscription expiration?
    By xjcrawlr in forum Problems and Suggestions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-10-2006, 07:39 PM
  5. White full doors with tan interior. Credit/Cash payment
    By mingoglia in forum TJ (Wrangler) Items For Sale
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-01-2006, 10:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •