Thread: Good books

Good books

I have found some much deserved down time with working less hours. I am looking for some good books on long range or trap shooting. Does anyone have any good suggestions?

Blog Entries

Re: Good books

do you have a particular genres? I personally prefer sci-fi and Fantasy books, because the story extends beyond one book.

Some of my favorite authors:
    Terry brooks - Shanara series (over a dozen total books), Magic kingdom for sale series (5 or 6 books), and the word books, even wrote star wars episode one book, much better than the movie.

Timothy Zahn - His Thrawn serires of books for starwars is really what the next set of movies should be based on.

Tom Clancy - Very good books, political thrillers, and well written.

David Eddings - Pawn of prophecy series is really good as well, after book 5 or 6, they get a bit repetitious, but Good for casual listening when you are doing other stuff.

Michael Crichton - I much prefer his style over steven king for thriller books.

Brandon Sanderson - I only have listened to two of his books, waiting for the third in the series to become available. Really liked them.

Michelle Sagara - Her cast serires, I enjoyed the first couple of books, my wife has like all 9. I found them to be too repetitious after the first few, but if you are doing audio books, the reader is pretty good, and the stories are easy to listen to.

Jonathan Stroud - Bartimaeus series - lots of humor, with interesting characters.

Orson Scott card - Some of the best sci-fi ever written in the enders books. There are like 8 or 9 total.

If you have not read the hunger games series or harry potter, Get those as well. The books of course are much better than the movies, for harry potter get the ones read by Steven Fry, much better reader than the US guy (he's fine, just sounds weird in a US accent vs brittish).

Quote Originally Posted by aroundincircles View Post
    do you have a particular genres? I personally prefer sci-fi and Fantasy books, because the story extends beyond one book.

Some of my favorite authors:
    Terry brooks - Shanara series (over a dozen total books), Magic kingdom for sale series (5 or 6 books), and the word books, even wrote star wars episode one book, much better than the movie.

Timothy Zahn - His Thrawn serires of books for starwars is really what the next set of movies should be based on.

Tom Clancy - Very good books, political thrillers, and well written.

David Eddings - Pawn of prophecy series is really good as well, after book 5 or 6, they get a bit repetitious, but Good for casual listening when you are doing other stuff.

Michael Crichton - I much prefer his style over steven king for thriller books.

Brandon Sanderson - I only have listened to two of his books, waiting for the third in the series to become available. Really liked them.

Michelle Sagara - Her cast serires, I enjoyed the first couple of books, my wife has like all 9. I found them to be too repetitious after the first few, but if you are doing audio books, the reader is pretty good, and the stories are easy to listen to.

Jonathan Stroud - Bartimaeus series - lots of humor, with interesting characters.

Orson Scott card - Some of the best sci-fi ever written in the enders books. There are like 8 or 9 total.

If you have not read the hunger games series or harry potter, Get those as well. The books of course are much better than the movies, for harry potter get the ones read by Steven Fry, much better reader than the US guy (he's fine, just sounds weird in a US accent vs brittish).
    Karl, you have missed the question asked...he is looking for books on two shooting venues: long range shooting and trap shooting not a general recommendation of books and/or authors.
    http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=10100&dateline=1356046401 $350 generated for the AZOHVC from the sale of these decals so far. ($5/pair is donated)

Blog Entries

totally missed it. I thought he meant to read/listen to. Sorry for the missed understanding. I shouldn't post before 6am...

Thread Information