Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Disadvantages of buying a duely?

Disadvantages of buying a duely?

Quote Originally Posted by BEETROOT View Post
    I've never heard about this. Doesn't make a ton of sense.
    Have you registered a 1 ton in AZ? If so, you should have heard of this or something close to it. I agree that it doesn't make much sense.

http://www.azdot.gov/mvd/vehicleserv...e-registration
    Last edited by Huck; 06-20-2016 at 10:54 PM.
    yah, Huck you newbie, Rubicon drivin', mall Cruisin', bling-bling, bolt-on, got no drivin skillz, drove thru a AutoZone with a crap magnet attached, H2 wannabe, poseur! Pay attention!
    If you would pry your sorry arse out the Scottsdale Fashion Square once in a while you would know more about the BLM and the USFS (you do know those acronyms, right?).

Re: Disadvantages of buying a duely?

Quote Originally Posted by Huck View Post
    Have you registered a 1 ton in AZ? If so, you should have heard of this or something close to it. I agree that it doesn't make much sense.

http://www.azdot.gov/mvd/vehicleserv...e-registration
    Yes I own an F350 that is registered in AZ. I don't remember paying any extra fees when I registered. It's due next month so I guess I'll see what happens when I go to renew.

Quote Originally Posted by BEETROOT View Post
    Yes I own an F350 that is registered in AZ. I don't remember paying any extra fees when I registered. It's due next month so I guess I'll see what happens when I go to renew.
    just look at your current registration, it will state in the fees section on the right side. the breakdown should go something like this:
    veh lic tax
    registration
    comm reg
    weight
    air quality
    (special plate) if it applies.

at least this is how my mine is...

tony
    2012 jkur - rk 5.5" long arm x factor lift, 37" nitto trail grapplers, 5.38s, or fab bumpers, tire carrier, sliders and the list goes on and on and on.....
    2012 civic si sedan - boosted, tuned, 360whp blah blah blah...
    1988 chevy crew cab dually (squarebody) - slated for a full build soon

Name:  20160620_232641_resized.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  421.2 KB

heres what mine looks like.

tony
    2012 jkur - rk 5.5" long arm x factor lift, 37" nitto trail grapplers, 5.38s, or fab bumpers, tire carrier, sliders and the list goes on and on and on.....

sorry, I tried to downsize it, I failed....

tony

Thx. A lot of good information to think about and check on.

From this:
    Quote Originally Posted by johnstd View Post
    ..... no wonder no one visits this site anymore. .I wont.
    To this:
    Quote Originally Posted by johnstd View Post
    Thx. A lot of good information to think about and check on.
    I am glad to see that you had a change of heart.

"Lophat is not going anywhere, it's a reference. This forum would fold up and die if he left. LOL!" -- OTR-93YJ

"if they are like LoPhat, then their heads are stuck so far up their rear they have re-emerged as a head." -- From_Catherine

"Lo-Phat.. Don't wash the XJ. You don't want someone to confuse it as a mall crawler.." -- Will E

Quote Originally Posted by LO PHAT View Post
    You would first need to learn how to spell "dually"...

... unless it happens to be an old school GM "Big Dooley".

Either way, there is no such thing as a "duely".
    We all want to use words in a way that makes us sound professional, so that they'll perhaps have a positive impact on our long-term success. Yet caring too much about words can lead some of us to fall into an easy trap: becoming overly critical of the words other people use.

If you're a teacher, maybe this doesn't apply to you; it's your job to correct students' grammar. But, some of us--even professional writers--need to turn it down a notch.

(Bonus content:The Big Free Book of Success, my free e-book, which you can download here.)

So, if you want to avoid becoming known as a hyper-corrective jerk, start accepting some of these minor errors in other people's diction. Here 17 of the most obvious.

1. Him/her or his/her versus them or their
    We don't have a gender-neutral singular possessive word in English, so many of us use "they" or "their" when technically "him or her" or "his or her" is correct. Instead of pointing this out when other people do it, however, congratulate them for trying to solve one of the biggest linguistic challenges in the English language.

2. Who versus that
    "That" refers to things; "who" is used for people. This one is a personal pet peeve of mine, but that's no reason to make a federal case out of it. So be the kind of person who keeps it to yourself.

3. Less versus fewer
    This one drives me a little crazy as well--but it's also not worth arguing about. Technically, you use "fewer" when you're talking about things that can be quantified or counted easily ("This checkout line is for people with nine items or fewer."), and "less" when you refer things that can't be counted easily ("We need less hatred in the world.")

4. Skipping the "-ly" in adverbs
    You might remember the Apple marketing campaign, "Think different." Grammatically, it's flat-out wrong to skip the -ly in an adverb--but the truth is, nobody cares.

5. That versus which
    The issue here is the use of that or which at the start of a clause in the middle of a sentence. The easy way to remember the rule is that if cutting the clause would change the meaning of the sentence, use "that;" if it's not necessary, use "which." If that confuses you--well, it confuses just about everyone. Don't bother correcting it.
    Read more:

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/1NM4tR...op-worryi.html

Quote Originally Posted by OTR-93YJ View Post
    There is a difference between correcting trivial grammatical errors vs. blatant spelling mistakes. Perhaps Mr. LoPhat could have been more tactful with his correction though.

PS: it's "sheer" not "shear"

I know. Just trying to get a little drama started for the summer months. He's usually very willing to participate, not sure what changed....:wink:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information