Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is it like to fire an AR-15?

What is it like to fire an AR-15?

What is it like to fire an AR-15? Itís horrifying, menacing and very very loud

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...=NYDailyNewsTw

Not in my hands. Iíve shot pistols before, but never something like an AR-15. Squeeze lightly on the trigger and the resulting explosion of firepower is humbling and deafening (even with ear protection).

The recoil bruised my shoulder, which can happen if you don't know what you're doing. The brass shell casings disoriented me as they flew past my face. The smell of sulfur and destruction made me sick. The explosions ó loud like a bomb ó gave me a temporary form of PTSD. For at least an hour after firing the gun just a few times, I was anxious and irritable.

Can you imagine the dip**** shooting a 45 colt? Or even a 12 gauge on slugs? The pussification of this country is hard to ignore.

Re: What is it like to fire an AR-15?

My 10yr old daughter loves ar15s shot an ar10 a fee times too lol
    New #6312 buggy under way .. -Kaos Krawlers- LetzRoll Offroad Racing #. JM Rigging Supply, Catsonly Muffler

I've seen guys fire theirs resting against their chins. I've shot 1000 rounds in an afternoon in training with no ill effects. Even my SR25 .308 wasn't all that to shoot.
    http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=10100&dateline=1356046401 $350 generated for the AZOHVC from the sale of these decals so far. ($5/pair is donated)

Bruises from one of the lowest recoil semi-automatic rifles out there? Well, I guess that can happen if you're a delicate little flower, what a pu.... special snowflake.
    I'ma cookin' somethin' up!

He compares his simple experience in firing the weapon to PTSD, what a clueless, ignorant moron.

I'd like to see the load in his shorts after a low flyby from an A-10.

I shot a .22 once... Pooped my pants
    NP Fabrication

Quote Originally Posted by OTR-93YJ View Post
    What is it like to fire an AR-15? Itís horrifying, menacing and very very loud

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...=NYDailyNewsTw

Can you imagine the dip**** shooting a 45 colt? Or even a 12 gauge on slugs? The pussification of this country is hard to ignore.
    Yep, sure is. Started around the time of participation trophies. Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by 5150TJ View Post
    He compares his simple experience in firing the weapon to PTSD, what a clueless, ignorant moron.

I'd like to see the load in his shorts after a low flyby from an A-10.
    Hey he must have gotten called out about that - here's an update to the piece:

UPDATE: Many people have objected to my use of the term "PTSD" in the above story. The use of this term was in no way meant to conflate my very temporary anxiety with the very real condition experienced by many of our brave men and women in uniform. I regret the inarticulate use of the term to describe my in-the-moment impression of the gun's firepower, and apologize for it.
    K7ARB

He received so much hate mail that he wrote this in response:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2674555

Just how far left is this guy? Wow!
    http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=10100&dateline=1356046401 $350 generated for the AZOHVC from the sale of these decals so far. ($5/pair is donated)

Appearing next on "the internet ruined my life".....

"Guys" like this are a huge problem for our country. I believe they have never heard of the phrase "Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it." By the time they realize things didn't turn out like they had hoped, it will be too late for them to do anything about it.

I'm so thankful my kids aren't like this poor excuse for a journalist. It gives me some hope the next generation may stand a chance at getting our nation back on track. (I'm not holding my breath though)
    2004 LJ, I6, BFG KM2 33s, 3" Teraflex lift, d30/d44, Locked/LSD, 4.56, 8K winch, Rancho rs9000x. - Joe -

ya'll got trolled. Its exactly what he wanted; attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Chili View Post
    Hey he must have gotten called out about that - here's an update to the piece:

UPDATE: Many people have objected to my use of the term "PTSD" in the above story. The use of this term was in no way meant to conflate my very temporary anxiety with the very real condition experienced by many of our brave men and women in uniform. I regret the inarticulate use of the term to describe my in-the-moment impression of the gun's firepower, and apologize for it.
    I'm gonna call him out for not recognizing our brave transgenders in uniform. what about Chelsea Manning?! I'm offended! Where's my safe space?!

We now return to your regularly scheduled programming.

https://youtu.be/OqljKE_TDws?t=9s
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience more often than not comes from bad judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by ShmUDE View Post
    And he's handling it well so far. Hopefully he doesn't take a round from an AR. That would certainly fuel the anti-gun fire.

What is it like to fire an AR-15?

Quote Originally Posted by ShmUDE View Post
    There may be some of that. Hoping to get a slap on his back from his peers on what they would call a hard hitting, riveting, first hand experience with such a dangerous and scary weapon.

But I think it goes much further than that. He wrote that article to instill fear, intimidation and confusion in the minds of certain readers. Ones that haven't formed a solid opinion, to potentially sway their thought process. Also to rile up ones that have already formed an opinion, on both sides mind you...

When you make such outlandish claims and absurd comparisons, people are going to call you out. I guess if he was looking for attention, he accomplished his mission.
    Last edited by 5150TJ; 06-16-2016 at 01:16 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information