Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Good Ol Joe.

Re: Good Ol Joe.

Condolences to the family and friends.. Jeep heaven just welcomed one of the best...
    Working for a living is highly over-rated...

Quote Originally Posted by Barry@4Wheeler's Supply View Post
    Well, Joe decided to go work on old jeeps elsewhere. He will no longer be available to help all you jeepers with tranny or rear end issues. We have truly lost an Icon in the jeep world and most likely will never see another one like Joe.
    This is so sad. Every jeep driver in the valley knew Joe and marveled at his skill and honesty. He will be sorely missed. Peace to you Joe.
    And if men are incapable of managing their own affairs, what explains the ability of a relatively small number of them to manage the lives of so many others?
    Mark Levin from The Liberty Amendments.

I remember bringing my old Warn in a few years ago when the original motor wasn't working properly and the brake would no longer hold. I think I said "it needs to be rebuilt".

Barry later called me to tell me it was ready.

When I came back in to pick it up, Joe came up front and took me back to where he had been working on it. He had the whole thing laying there on the bench opened up and apart, had already corrected the problem with the brake, and pointed at a few specific spots on the wiring terminals and said, see this here, this motor is in great shape, this winch doesn't need a new motor and it doesn't need to be rebuilt but this here, this is corrosion. This is your problem.

So I ask if I should come back the next day to get it and he just looks at me like I'm an idiot, then turns around and literally in less than 10 minutes while I stand there looking over his shoulder, he replaces a few wires and terminals, cleans it all up, re-assembles everything, like bam bam bam perfect reassembly. He picks it up and just walks past me with my heavy *** Warn. Doesn't even say anything else to me. I'm not really sure what's happening right now, so I sort of look around, realize nobody is paying attention to any of this, and then silently follow a few feet behind him back into the showroom where he just puts the winch down on the counter and walks away without even looking at me, maybe even shaking his head a little. LOL! And, as I recall, Barry smiles and has already got it rung up for nothing more than the brake repair which didn't cost much.

It occurred to me later that I probably offended Joe a little by asking him if I should come back tomorrow for something that he was perfectly capable of doing in Guinness World Record time right there on the spot. Always made sure to chat with him a little bit whenever I saw him in the shop after that, even though I could never tell if he remembered me or was thinking "who the hell is this kid?". The guy was more than an incredibly capable mechanic and I'm glad I got to interact with him a little while he was here.

I hope Joe is logged in up in VJC heaven and is reading this chuckling a little right now, thinking "yeah I remember that kid, and he was kind of an idiot".

Scott
    '93 YJ, 4.0, NV4500, Atlas, 35s
    '17 WK2, 5.7, ZF8HP70, NV245, 31s

Quote Originally Posted by TreeKiller View Post
    I remember bringing my old Warn in a few years ago when the original motor wasn't working properly and the brake would no longer hold. I think I said "it needs to be rebuilt".

Barry later called me to tell me it was ready.

When I came back in to pick it up, Joe came up front and took me back to where he had been working on it. He had the whole thing laying there on the bench opened up and apart, had already corrected the problem with the brake, and pointed at a few specific spots on the wiring terminals and said, see this here, this motor is in great shape, this winch doesn't need a new motor and it doesn't need to be rebuilt but this here, this is corrosion. This is your problem.

So I ask if I should come back the next day to get it and he just looks at me like I'm an idiot, then turns around and literally in less than 10 minutes while I stand there looking over his shoulder, he replaces a few wires and terminals, cleans it all up, re-assembles everything, like bam bam bam perfect reassembly. He picks it up and just walks past me with my heavy *** Warn. Doesn't even say anything else to me. I'm not really sure what's happening right now, so I sort of look around, realize nobody is paying attention to any of this, and then silently follow a few feet behind him back into the showroom where he just puts the winch down on the counter and walks away without even looking at me, maybe even shaking his head a little. LOL! And, as I recall, Barry smiles and has already got it rung up for nothing more than the brake repair which didn't cost much.

It occurred to me later that I probably offended Joe a little by asking him if I should come back tomorrow for something that he was perfectly capable of doing in Guinness World Record time right there on the spot. Always made sure to chat with him a little bit whenever I saw him in the shop after that, even though I could never tell if he remembered me or was thinking "who the hell is this kid?". The guy was more than an incredibly capable mechanic and I'm glad I got to interact with him a little while he was here.

I hope Joe is logged in up in VJC heaven and is reading this chuckling a little right now, thinking "yeah I remember that kid, and he was kind of an idiot".

Scott
    Joe didn't know how to use a computer. Thanks for the nice thoughts. I have so many stories about Joe. I could talk for hours.
    4 Wheelers Supply, I'm Back In Retirement!

Condolences and prayers to the family and friends of Ole' Joe..... I only talked to him a coupla times but he was always cool and helpful......

Hope 4 Wheelers can survive without him....
    Sy
    85 Syota - 6.0/4L80e/Klune/300/60's/XX/37" PBRR's

Memorial services?
    Quote Originally Posted by amber.hodge View Post
    Steve is so innocent. Its really cute, actually. Ah to be a kid again....
    "anyone who says they know everything about anything is either a fool or a liar"

[QUOTE] Joseph W. Wesolowski (Joe), 70, passed away June 21, 2016 in Phoenix, AZ. Joe was born in Saugus, MA Sept 10, 1945. Joe was an employee of 4 Wheelers Supply for the past 53 years. He is survived by his brothers Frank and Steven; sisters Mary and Eleanor; sons Joseph and James; his three grandchildren Nikolas, Raven, and Morgane; plus his companion of 53 years Janet Martin. Joe did not want a memorial service. He preferred a Celebration of Life which his family will plan at a future date. Visit hansenmortuary.com for condolences. [ /QUOTE]
    "anyone who says they know everything about anything is either a fool or a liar"

I remember one day I brought in one of the Mio energy things that you squirt in your water to make it taste better. Joe tried it and loved it. The next day he brought in about 10 and we tried every flavor they had. Ended up sticking with his blue Powerade though.... Can't believe he is gone. Having a corona tonight for him (his favorite)

NP Fabrication
    NP Fabrication

R.i.p.
    RockKrawling is not a Crime !

Dude installed my T-case. Sorry I'm late to the party but I'll be sending well wishes his way.

Quote Originally Posted by dzJeepChic View Post
    Dude installed my T-case. Sorry I'm late to the party but I'll be sending well wishes his way.
    Oh sheesh, I'm so sorry. I just finished reading the whole thread. RIP Joe. Prayers to friends and family.

Per Janet (wife /partner), "celebration of his life" (did not want funeral) sometime in September

Blog Entries

Damn. Joe did the gears on my TJ and helped me take apart my 8274. He was a great guy. I remember he wanted to help me with my 8274 for free but I forced some money on him. Talk about an icon at 4 Wheeler's Supply... people just don't stay at a job that long anymore. Very VERY sad to hear.

Joe
    1982 Jeep Scrambler

My Scrambler Photo Album Here:
    http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/album.php?u=1

My Scrambler Project History Here:
    http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showthread.php?t=37054

Hi everyone this is Jim Joe's son. My mother and I wanted to say thank you to everyone for the comments. It's been really hard without dad and we miss him alot.

We are planning his celebration to be on what would have been his 71st Birthday September 10th this year. It will be at his house but not really sure of what time yet. We are hoping as many of his friends can be there to tell stories about their experiences with him. With him working there his whole life many of you have so many stories about him that others don't even know and would love to hear.

Please message me to let us know if you can make it on that day. I would say call his house but my mom can only handle so much and it's still hard for her to deal with it all.

Thank you all again
    Jim Wesolowski

Thank you Jim.
    A little bit of something is a whole lot better than nothing.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information