Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Brisket

Re: Project Brisket

Heard that.. I'm hopefully gonna be a roller soon.... Waiting on a few things and my fab guy to stop being lazy
    New #6312 buggy under way .. -Kaos Krawlers- LetzRoll Offroad Racing #. JM Rigging Supply, Catsonly Muffler

Quote Originally Posted by frontier13 View Post
    Heard that.. I'm hopefully gonna be a roller soon.... Waiting on a few things and my fab guy to stop being lazy
    Ummmm, aren't you the fab guy??

Gravity hates me!

Shhh
    New #6312 buggy under way .. -Kaos Krawlers- LetzRoll Offroad Racing #. JM Rigging Supply, Catsonly Muffler

Well...not much new to report. I'm still in a holding pattern; however, I ended up ordering a new set of Krawlers which should be here this week. I wish i could say i figured out suspension by now;however, i ended up buying both a set of ORI's and King CO's. That way i can try them both and pick which one I like better.

Going to be dropping everything off come the Trail Hero event... so T minus like forever...

Quote Originally Posted by leetevo View Post
    Well...not much new to report. I'm still in a holding pattern; however, I ended up ordering a new set of Krawlers which should be here this week. I wish i could say i figured out suspension by now;however, i ended up buying both a set of ORI's and King CO's. That way i can try them both and pick which one I like better.

Going to be dropping everything off come the Trail Hero event... so T minus like forever...
    Have those reds dropped off at my place and I will break them in for you. All the cool kids say they work better that way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I like to party

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYCASEY View Post
    Have those reds dropped off at my place and I will break them in for you. All the cool kids say they work better that way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lol. I got them because they are a bit hard to get as of late. I still would like to try the new 42"trepps.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    IG: AZROCKCRAWLER

Project Brisket

Lol. I got them because they are a bit hard to get as of late. I still would like to try the new 42"trepps.

Have you been on the trail with someone using the sticky treps? They look all mean and nasty, but they don't work as well as reds. I watched them have trouble making it up simple ledges, both reds and sticky Iroks made it up. Had a buddy following me up Matrix and those treps were surprisingly disappointing. The tread blocks fold over and don't really bite the way you think they will. Before you spend the money on a set of 42's, I would hop a ride in someone's rig who is running them and see it for yourself.

Tough to beat the new reds.
    yah, Huck you newbie, Rubicon drivin', mall Cruisin', bling-bling, bolt-on, got no drivin skillz, drove thru a AutoZone with a crap magnet attached, H2 wannabe, poseur! Pay attention!
    If you would pry your sorry arse out the Scottsdale Fashion Square once in a while you would know more about the BLM and the USFS (you do know those acronyms, right?).

Quote Originally Posted by Huck View Post
    Have you been on the trail with someone using the sticky treps? They look all mean and nasty, but they don't work as well as reds. I watched them have trouble making it up simple ledges, both reds and sticky Iroks made it up. Had a buddy following me up Matrix and those treps were surprisingly disappointing. The tread blocks fold over and don't really bite the way you think they will. Before you spend the money on a set of 42's, I would hop a ride in someone's rig who is running them and see it for yourself.

Tough to beat the new reds.
    The rumour is the new 42s are supposed to be softer compound and slightly different tread pattern. My guess is the price is going to be to high to justify. I bet you could buy 6 or 7 Reds for the price of 4 treps.

IG: AZROCKCRAWLER

The rumour is the new 42s are supposed to be softer compound and slightly different tread pattern. My guess is the price is going to be to high to justify. I bet you could buy 6 or 7 Reds for the price of 4 treps.

Softer in no way means better. The Iroks, treps have always been softer than the BFG's. Winning tire would be the 42 Reds!
    A little bit of something is a whole lot better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry@4Wheeler's Supply View Post
    Softer in no way means better. The Iroks, treps have always been softer than the BFG's. Winning tire would be the 42 Reds!
    We'll have to wait and see once these tires actually appear stateside. Until then...its Krawlers. I just have to order 10 of them because i slice tires daily due to my questionable driving skills.

Jesse posted a pic of the 42 next to the 40 trip pattern looks identical.. Not a fan of them either..

If you step up to a spare set of 20" BL's and some of that 42" Red Label love, Ballin' Benny will take on a whole new meaning.
    yah, Huck you newbie, Rubicon drivin', mall Cruisin', bling-bling, bolt-on, got no drivin skillz, drove thru a AutoZone with a crap magnet attached, H2 wannabe, poseur! Pay attention!
    If you would pry your sorry arse out the Scottsdale Fashion Square once in a while you would know more about the BLM and the USFS (you do know those acronyms, right?).

We'll have to wait and see once these tires actually appear stateside. Until then...its Krawlers. I just have to order 10 of them because i slice tires daily due to my questionable driving skills.
    Well, stick with this rig for a while and tire slicing will not be an issue anymore!
    A little bit of something is a whole lot better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Huck View Post
    If you step up to a spare set of 20" BL's and some of that 42" Red Label love, Ballin' Benny will take on a whole new meaning.
    I don't need the extra couple of inches

I don't need the extra couple of inches
    Hell, I couldn't afford the extra couple of inches.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information