Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Soldier Pass trail at immediate risk of public closure - help needed

Re: Soldiers Pass Motorized Use Project

Quote Originally Posted by Begz View Post
    ...The amount of trail that's even drive-able is so short, that you might as well just walk/hike.
    Quote Originally Posted by emptypockets View Post
    ...Soldiers Pass should of been either left open to all motorized use or closed to all motorized use, period.
    Both quoted for truth.

A quick look through the donor lists on OpenSecrets.org for McCain, Flake and Kirkpatrick don't show anything that's traceable to Red Rock Jeep Tours, although that kind of quid pro quo is pretty easily concealed. As far as I'm concerned, the Rio Tinto / Oak Flat debacle pretty much proves that the AZ congressional delegation cannot be trusted to do anything but act in their own interest where public land is concerned, since Rio shows up lining the pockets of all three.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience more often than not comes from bad judgement.

Re: Soldier Pass trail at immediate risk of public closure - help needed

I also received the email today. Apparently I'm a "friend" of the Coconino National Forest. I realize we all received the same form letter but must admit that being referred to as a friend was salt in the wound when they are selling out to the highest bidder and are proving that the casual user/taxpayer be damned. It's the all mighty tourist dollar they really care about.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

If you're on the book of faces there's a page now up. https://m.facebook.com/keepsoldierpassopen

Quote Originally Posted by greyst View Post
    I also received the email today. Apparently I'm a "friend" of the Coconino National Forest. I realize we all received the same form letter but must admit that being referred to as a friend was salt in the wound when they are selling out to the highest bidder and are proving that the casual user/taxpayer be damned. It's the all mighty tourist dollar they really care about.

This is in addition to the $800,000 collected annually for Red Rock passes.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience more often than not comes from bad judgement.

NSA duplicated my post.
    Last edited by Cactus Ed; 09-17-2016 at 09:11 AM.

Driverless cars and Virtual Reality will be here sooner than you think. All this will mean nothing. Someone needs to film this trail for my future home hologram.
    Jeff

Drink More Water

Blog Entries

I know I submitted my comments suggesting a permitting program and also requesting that they consider gated access similar to Bulldog Canyon which was not listed as an option. The real problem is our inability to mobilize in the off-road community. Until we can we will all be sheep and be told where we can and can't go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, this is bad for our off road community. It also sets a bad precedent for future closings. I do not agree that a trail gets closed to all except a tour company that can profit on our Federal land. I sent a letter along with many others and to no avail. Only money talks. Red Rock Jeep Tours bought their way into this as did the big mining company in Superior. It is an outrage that our public lands can be bought out and exclude the public from using them. We need to stand up and not take this anymore! Please, add to this discussion. We need ideas. Get the media involved? Public displays and protests? Ect.
    2010 2 door Rubicon, 37x12.5 MTR's, Terraflex 2.5" lift, Bushwacker Flat Fenders, Smittybuilt XRC bumbers and sliders, Warn 9500 Powerplant winch, Dual tops, Hard and soft doors, Superchip, ...and the list will grow.

Name:  Soldier Pass1.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  136.7 KB

Name:  Soldier Pass2.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  64.8 KB
    '93 YJ, 4.0, NV4500, Atlas, 35s
    '17 WK2, 5.7, ZF8HP70, NV245, 31s

Here here, Scott. I hereby commend you for a promotion to Middle Moderator, or whatever's after Junior.

Since I'm on the record with the Forest I will likely get in and change my position, as well as take advantage of the contacts listed above. If it's true that Pink Jeep Tours is the sole concessioner for Broken Arrow - and that's shared use - then the Forest isn't even following their own policies.

Fail. They are on thin legal ice, as I see it.

People have already begun to leave negative reviews on Red Rock Western Jeep Tours' Facebook page as a result of this. Bet that will start to happen on Yelp soon too.

OK, I will admit that I am a little lazy. I tried to cut and paste some of the Action letter from the previous post, but it does not seem to allow that. Another question. Can I pass this info along to other forums and groups in the Jeeping family?
    2010 2 door Rubicon, 37x12.5 MTR's, Terraflex 2.5" lift, Bushwacker Flat Fenders, Smittybuilt XRC bumbers and sliders, Warn 9500 Powerplant winch, Dual tops, Hard and soft doors, Superchip, ...and the list will grow.

Quote Originally Posted by JLabr2 View Post
    OK, I will admit that I am a little lazy. I tried to cut and paste some of the Action letter from the previous post, but it does not seem to allow that. Another question. Can I pass this info along to other forums and groups in the Jeeping family?
    Hell yes you can!

I have been patiently waiting, but I have not received this email.

"Lophat is not going anywhere, it's a reference. This forum would fold up and die if he left. LOL!" -- OTR-93YJ

"if they are like LoPhat, then their heads are stuck so far up their rear they have re-emerged as a head." -- From_Catherine

"Lo-Phat.. Don't wash the XJ. You don't want someone to confuse it as a mall crawler.." -- Will E

Quote Originally Posted by LO PHAT View Post
    I have been patiently waiting, but I have not received this email.
    Neither have I. I submitted the letter I posted in the OP of this thread with a few minor changes in April and have not been in receipt of any feedback from FS whatsoever.

Scott

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information