Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ok smart people... Deleting diesels & other options.

Re: Ok smart people... Deleting diesels & other options.

Quote Originally Posted by TanTJJim View Post
    I'll admit, I was poking the bear a bit earlier but serious question here, what is your primary motivation for doing this? Is it to simply decrease EGT's?
    My EGTs are currently very manageable even with my tuner. The truck is set up great from the gate. But the w/m system will keep the intake and combustion/turbo clean and less likely to fail. The VVT turbo takes the brunt of it with its job to act as an exhaust brake. Keeping those parts happy and functional is a good thing. The benefit of extra HP is a bonus. Diesel HP gain = to almost double TQ gains.

Really when your EGR is sending hot gas back through with black unburnt fuel, the w/m with bring that temp down and maybe make components last a lot longer (turbo, dpf system etc).

One major upside with a DPF equipped diesel is your trailer, your boat, your camper and such do not get one side all coated with soot and blacked out.
    My name is Daniel. I pretty much STILL do what I want.

I hope it works like you expect it to, keep us updated!
    I'ma cookin' somethin' up!

So I just installed the BD throttle switch in the truck. Seems legit. I read some articles that it just tricks the truck into thinking your 3/4 throttle at only 1/4 throttle and it's the same as doing that, but I am not convinced of that although I can see how that could be constrewed.

I noticed when I am switched to the 100% mode, my idle EGT's seem a tad higher and I can tell because the turbo timer runs longer when turning the truck off. As I was pulling a hill, I switched between 25, 50, 100 and the truck pulled a lot stronger each level but did not necessarily speed up as if you were pushing the throttle down. I think it does some timing advanced because when you do hit the throttle hard the truck has some timing rattle.

I will do a full write up with pics soon.

In the mean time, here is info on the snow kit:

http://www.snowperformance.net/Diese...kits-s/101.htm

Oh and a side note, my sons '09 he just deleted?? He was pulling two jeeps to Moab and did not make it up the first hill out of town. Suspect he blew a hole in a piston. Thinking the raceme was way advanced on timing maybe with a sticking injector? Not sure I told him he needs to pull the head off.

Water, methanol injection using turbo charge was 1st used in 1962 street production of Oldsmobile F85 on an all aluminum V8. 215 CI. They built around 8000 of these. Had to stop offering as the customer did not understand how this worked and that they needed to keep the reseviour full as lead footed drivers would empty the tank in 200 miles. The engine put out over 300 ft/lbs torque- not bad for a 2900 lb car. Google it - the design was ahead of its time! My high school car- junked it when I spun a main. This was back in 1969...

Roland

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information