Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Poor PIGLET.

Re: Poor PIGLET.

My toy is sitting happily on the trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poor Piglet hurt herself out at TM so after replacing the decimated transmission pan it was decided that full belly protection is a must. After lots of research and hunting I found a skid that will play nicely with my IRO long arm, so I pulled the trigger on the Under Cover Fab skid. All I can say is it's beefy. While waiting for the skid and going thru my prerun checks I discovered (accidentally) I had managed to damage both front fenders due to too much up travel and not enough clearance. So I ended up ordering the steel highline variant of the Poison Spyder fenders I had. Being as lazy and picky as I am I should have waited until the hood was available but I didn't want to run cracked front fenders. Oh well. Enough talk. Time for pictures.

Skid.

Fender cracks

New fenders

Creative air filter protection (temporary)

I did order vented inner panels for these fenders I just haven't gotten a chance to install them. Plus I had to swap the stock batter tray for a camburg battery box to get the passenger side in.

Finished up a few details on piglet today. Biggest of which is not having to worry about her getting her belly rubs that she loves.

And of course I finished installing my inner fenders.

I swear jeep plans stuff like relocating the washer bottle to sit next to the booster.

^ looks made to fit! Piglet is lookin good!

Well this sucks. Less than 2 weeks till Moab and I still have a lot to do. The hood came in Monday but it doesn't fit. It looks absolutely horrid on Piglet. Cracks, very rough/ugly cuts, doesn't fit grill or tub, and the hinge recesses don't even line up. I have about 30 pictures of all the fitment issues and damage that I already sent to the manufacture. I never should have settled on a fiberglass hood, but I needed it. Guess next time I should just wait for what I want even if the manufacture pisses me off and refuses to give me a straight answer.

Plus side is I should have the hydro assist buttoned up this evening with exception to the ram mount on the currie steering (need 2 tabs to weld to the currie stabilizer mount). Its gonna be temporary until I get high steer kit to match my teraflex hs knuckle.

Piglet has gotten a bunch of love since the beginning of the year, with more to come.

To finish off the hydro assist and fix her stubborn steering, she got the psc pump and reservoir kit. The reservoir is an extremely tight fit with the high line fenders, and it forced me to pull the windshield washer bottle out to make room. I didn’t think it was going to be a big deal but after the Toyzuki run it was decided we needed to do something about it. Out came the file folders and graph paper. After bouncing some ideas off of Travis at TM Customs I had a solid plan. Picked up some scrap aluminum at AZ Metals and a billet filler neck and cap. Got it cut out and got Travis to weld it together.

On the plus side Piglet is getting few other repairs and minor upgrades, with a bit of “oooooo shiny”

Sneak peek at the next step in her desire to be the best she can be. List includes synergy ball joints, f&r antirocks, high steer w/ new track bar and ram mounts.

Small update.

Finally got the right 7/8x18 tube inserts and got the steering linkage built. Got the front antirock in place and the sway bar links built for it. Then I got the new frame side track bar bracket welded and bolted on along with both drivers side speed bump mounts getting welded into place. The passenger side is ready to get the same treatment now. I still have to install the new front diff cover and the rear antirock but I can’t do that without pulling the Jeep forward and dropping the back edge of the fuel tank so I can have room to feed the bar thru. All in all Piglet is coming along nicely.

Yes I kno the paint looks funky. It was a weird reaction with the coating on the rear spring bucket/speed bump mount. Once it’s dry I’ll try to hide it.

Quote Originally Posted by rock_starr View Post
    Small update.

Finally got the right 7/8x18 tube inserts and got the steering linkage built. Got the front antirock in place and the sway bar links built for it. Then I got the new frame side track bar bracket welded and bolted on along with both drivers side speed bump mounts getting welded into place. The passenger side is ready to get the same treatment now. I still have to install the new front diff cover and the rear antirock but I can’t do that without pulling the Jeep forward and dropping the back edge of the fuel tank so I can have room to feed the bar thru. All in all Piglet is coming along nicely.

Yes I kno the paint looks funky. It was a weird reaction with the coating on the rear spring bucket/speed bump mount. Once it’s dry I’ll try to hide it.

Looking good (like button)

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Just a bit of advice on the teraflex front speed bumps for the TJ. Make sure your current springs fit over the new bump stop tube BEFORE you start cutting the stock tube off.

Looking great!

Is the trans skid from UCF also?
    Get Down With the Sickness!

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    Looking great!

Is the trans skid from UCF also?
    Thank you. Yes that is the UCF engine and trans skid. Works beautifully with my iron rock belly skid.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information