Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Poor PIGLET.

Re: Poor PIGLET.

Well something about piglet just flat out works. 93" up a 30 degree ramp. Keep in mind she is still on stock 93" wb too. And she probably could have gone further. I will say I like the low and wide stance she has. It just works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After going crazy trying to figure out my special issue all week, piglet decides cruising down valvista is a good time to lock up the front axle. After getting it into a parking lot and onto my trailer I start pulling the front end apart, again(2nd time this week), and I find what's left of a broken wheel stud I have been putting off replacing. Well my laziness cost me a brake rotor and a set of pads.

Remember to replace those broken studs cuz you never kno when they will fall out and break stuff.

Hopefully my a/c works

Well did my first run of h2h on Thursday night and I will say Piglet surprised everyone. Even did some lines that Nathaniel said were not possible or that I shouldn't try. But as much fun as I had I did have a trail failure. Tore open the sidewall on the right rear. 8 plugs later I finished the night strong. Plus side is I never pulled cable.

Quote Originally Posted by rock_starr View Post
    Well did my first run of h2h on Thursday night and I will say Piglet surprised everyone. Even did some lines that Nathaniel said were not possible or that I shouldn't try. But as much fun as I had I did have a trail failure. Tore open the sidewall on the right rear. 8 plugs later I finished the night strong. Plus side is I never pulled cable.
    At least quote me correctly...

I never said (or for that matter say) that any lines were (are) impossible. Also, I am typically the guy encouraging others to step out of their comfort zones and try the harder lines (just as I did with you on this run). I did, however, attempt to discourage boss of da stix from repeatedly trying the notch. Yes he eventually made it, but after a few failed attempts the odds were becoming increasingly great that he would be adding broken parts to the collection at the start of the trail.

Piglet is indeed quite impressive. Wheeling with you is sure to become even more entertaining as your seat time increases with Piglet's new upgrades.

"Lophat is not going anywhere, it's a reference. This forum would fold up and die if he left. LOL!" -- OTR-93YJ

"if they are like LoPhat, then their heads are stuck so far up their rear they have re-emerged as a head." -- From_Catherine

"Lo-Phat.. Don't wash the XJ. You don't want someone to confuse it as a mall crawler.." -- Will E

Well by not possible I meant not d30 friendly. And I appreciate pushing outta the comfort zone. And we all know that I'll only push it as far as the parts can handle.

By impossible I mean highly discouraged. I appreciate being pushed out of my comfort zone. I will say tho that not pulling line on piglet made for a very fun night. Not saying it wouldn't have been fun regardless but just more enjoyable. I can't wait to get the stupid transfer case issue worked out and actually be able to enjoy the beast piglet is becoming. 4Low disengagement on a climb is no fun. Even worse it was still on the detent for 4 low

Poor PIGLET.

Found a possible cause for the failure to maintain 4L. The input snap ring had vanished. I never took it off so either it disintegrated or it was never there and I didn't wheel it hard enough to make it an issue.

Although it breaking makes a logical reason for the nasty noises coming out of the case since the birthday run.

Well piglet decided that on the box canyon run it wanted to spit out the LF spring for no reason then start throwing random codes just in time to make emissions a P.I.T.A., so I get to figure out what and why it's throwing codes again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well after chasing the transfer case issues for far to long and having it pop out and not go back in resulting in rear driveshaft popping apart and having to be winched off of multiple obstacles to finish the trail, I've decided to try one last upgrade before I scrap the 231

Cable shifter seems to be working out. Diagnosis and repair of code P0161 has been a nightmare. After coming to a road block checking everything and tests all showing no issues. So sad to say I have surrendered to the inevitable possibility of the long term damage to the wiring to B2S2 O2 sensor actually could have done other damage to "sensitive electrical components", and have decided to take her to the dealer since they have ability to condemn and properly replace the pcm.

Well the check engine light for P0161 turned out to be a PCM issue. Got that fixed. Night before I go to take it in I discovered a massive fuel leak coming from the top of the tank. After I got it back from dealer for previously mentioned PCM issue, I dropped the tank to investigate. Found that the steel insert for the lock ring in the top of the tank had separated from its surrounding molded plastic. Well I ain't fixing that. So off to hunt for a stock replacement tank. No such luck. Stock tank is NLA. So I went on the hunt for an "aftermarket" stock style tank. Talk about hard to find and expensive. That's when I broke down and decided that if I'm spending the money I'm going to upgrade, and upgrade I did. I made a call to GenRight about the best option for me as I was torn between 2 tanks. One at 23 gallons but required outboard shock mounting and one at 19.5 gallons. Both provide 1" more clearance over stock and come with a 3/16" steel skid. After a little debating the advantages and disadvantages of each we (me and KT) decided to go with the 19.5 gallon Crawler EXT tank. It will allow us to stretch a little (3-5") when ready for it, to fix our current issue, and allow us to maintain stock capacity with the benefit of added clearance and skid. On Monday I called GenRight back to get the process rolling and found out they had an 05-06 EXT in stock and ready to ship the next day. It's now Thursday and all I can say is this tank is purty. Hopefully it's in by tonight. If not it'll go in next week and be ready for the next adventure, east side JA meeting (m&g), and the annual run. Ok, enough rambling. I know y'all want pictures.

Think you need to change this to "SPOILED PIGLET"

^^^^
    2013, JKUR, DOZER (MAC & CHEEZE), MANY UPGRADES, 35's, 31/2 Lift,

She is spoiled but in a very abusive relationship

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information