Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Poor PIGLET.

Re: Poor PIGLET.

My toy is sitting happily on the trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poor Piglet hurt herself out at TM so after replacing the decimated transmission pan it was decided that full belly protection is a must. After lots of research and hunting I found a skid that will play nicely with my IRO long arm, so I pulled the trigger on the Under Cover Fab skid. All I can say is it's beefy. While waiting for the skid and going thru my prerun checks I discovered (accidentally) I had managed to damage both front fenders due to too much up travel and not enough clearance. So I ended up ordering the steel highline variant of the Poison Spyder fenders I had. Being as lazy and picky as I am I should have waited until the hood was available but I didn't want to run cracked front fenders. Oh well. Enough talk. Time for pictures.

Skid.

Fender cracks

New fenders

Creative air filter protection (temporary)

I did order vented inner panels for these fenders I just haven't gotten a chance to install them. Plus I had to swap the stock batter tray for a camburg battery box to get the passenger side in.

Finished up a few details on piglet today. Biggest of which is not having to worry about her getting her belly rubs that she loves.

And of course I finished installing my inner fenders.

I swear jeep plans stuff like relocating the washer bottle to sit next to the booster.

^ looks made to fit! Piglet is lookin good!

Well this sucks. Less than 2 weeks till Moab and I still have a lot to do. The hood came in Monday but it doesn't fit. It looks absolutely horrid on Piglet. Cracks, very rough/ugly cuts, doesn't fit grill or tub, and the hinge recesses don't even line up. I have about 30 pictures of all the fitment issues and damage that I already sent to the manufacture. I never should have settled on a fiberglass hood, but I needed it. Guess next time I should just wait for what I want even if the manufacture pisses me off and refuses to give me a straight answer.

Plus side is I should have the hydro assist buttoned up this evening with exception to the ram mount on the currie steering (need 2 tabs to weld to the currie stabilizer mount). Its gonna be temporary until I get high steer kit to match my teraflex hs knuckle.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information