Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Poor PIGLET.

Poor PIGLET.

Well as many of you kno I have locally famous silver and black tj named piglet. Piglet is special being on 35s with 2" or less lift. Well I finally decided it was time to fix her biggest downfall, belly clearance. So I order a nice long arm kit and it finally comes in today. Sound like it's going to be a great weekend. Get everything unpacked and laid out, just to find I'm missing the trans crossmember. I'm not too concerned with the missing exhaust, motor mounts, and front lower link mounts. A quick phone call and email to long arm manufacturer got the missing parts situation sorted out and I hope to have them soon. Ok enough talking and more pictures.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455919500.894484.jpg
Views: 642
Size:  269.5 KB
    Yes the transfer case is blown apart behind it on the floor.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455919583.414623.jpg
Views: 635
Size:  338.6 KB
    Long arm kit

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455919620.734441.jpg
Views: 624
Size:  373.9 KB
    One of many pics shower her beauty

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455919711.471024.jpg
Views: 626
Size:  263.1 KB
    And the 2 crazies that love to beat on piglet (and rarely break it)

More to come as poor piglet gets some much needed love

Re: Poor PIGLET.

Looks like piglet is getting much love this weekend

Be careful,,,,
    The better lookin you make piglet the sooner she'll leave you for piglet!
    OUCH
    Im back to the drawing board
    STAY TUNED!

I'm thinking i shall also go ahead and do a little history on piglet in here as well. we bought her with 88k miles, a 4" pro comp lift, 32" bfg mts, cheapish bumpers w/ tire carrier, and a few other misc goodies. Well the 32s came off almost immediately and i put the 33" duratracs on her. I then locked the d35 (dumb and quickly replaced with an 8.8) and wheeled it for a few trips. Most notably was the 15th annual ck run where I had to actually bail water out of the windshield before putting it back up for the drive home.

Fast forward to last year about this time and I had decided i didn't like the way the 4" sa lift rode on the street and was getting sick of replacing u-joints on a monthly basis. I had decided it was smarter and cheaper to just drop it to 2" front and 1.75" rear. This allowed removal of the transfer case drop kit and much nicer driveline angles. I also added armor, front fenders, 4.56 gears, detroit in the 8.8, and led lighting at that time. Keeping the 33s she did well and only let me down when i had a major transmission failure. After a quick transmission rebuild she was back and ready for more. Shortly after i discovered a need to make it bigger and i had most of the clearance for it so i decided it was time for 35s. i picked up a set of 5 pit bull rockers and well thats basically her back story. I hope this round of insanity turns out for the better.

her (hopefully near) future plans include cage, harnesses, extended range fuel tank, and possibly a tire carrier. At that point i can say the big portion of the build is DONE, and focus on little stuff like lighting, gear placement, and maintaining her beastly beauty.

Sadly no work got done to poor piglet this weekend since I'm still waiting on parts to finish my long arm kit. Tomorrow the rear axle comes out and gets prepped for the truss and I'll get the exhaust cut out so i can install my new frame side link mounts.

So how tall is the new lift? Any plans to stretch it or put a cv shaft out back?

Here is a good picture of Piglet taken a few months ago.

"Lophat is not going anywhere, it's a reference. This forum would fold up and die if he left. LOL!" -- OTR-93YJ

"if they are like LoPhat, then their heads are stuck so far up their rear they have re-emerged as a head." -- From_Catherine

"Lo-Phat.. Don't wash the XJ. You don't want someone to confuse it as a mall crawler.." -- Will E

I was surprised how well it worked being so low.

As it sits it going from about 2" currently to about 3" with the long arm. Doing minimal stretching in the front since the rear is already too tight in wheel opening. I do have a new shaft coming for the rear.

A few pictures from when we first got her.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456408591.353879.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  56.8 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456408611.420155.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  161.1 KB

Poor PIGLET.

I acquired a new toy to make the process of bracket removal easier and also the body mods on the mj a breeze.
    Last edited by rock_starr; 02-28-2016 at 10:06 PM.

Progress made on piglet today. Got the frame cleaned up and the link mounts installed. Got all 9 flex joints assembled and the rear links put together. Tomorrow she will be off the jack stands with a shiny 241j and a 3" long arm. Was gonna keep the 231 but with it deciding it didn't want to play I decided I would take Nathaniel up on his offering of the 241. Thank you Fred for helping with this and keeping me focused on what she is about to become.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking Good ! So it was the transfer case making all that noise not the drive shafts ?

Both. The shaft was trashed, exhaust had been beating on it so long and hard the cat and muffler were coming apart and it was missing a weight and the front joint was ready to fail. The case I couldn't find a problem with until it was going back together. I think the pump(only thing I couldn't tear apart was the problem. Oh well. Spare case now. Mj may need it some day.

SOON......

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information