Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: 1 ton MJ build.

Re: 1 ton MJ build.

as for testing while its in one of its fits i never have the tools to do it when it does. i have noticed it likes to eat the supply line orings. but i now have a thicker oring in it so hopefully it helps

Cat plugged?
    Quote Originally Posted by amber.hodge View Post
    Steve is so innocent. Its really cute, actually. Ah to be a kid again....
    "anyone who says they know everything about anything is either a fool or a liar"

Quote Originally Posted by OlneyJeeps View Post
    Cat plugged?
    Cat is hollow. It came off my other 89 that was a park service vehicle for city of jeffersonville Indiana. It's not ideal but eliminates plugged cat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well currently have someone trying to get the funds. If he can't then next week it gets pulled apart and I'm changing things up.

But yesterday Lo_Phat and I went junkyard hopping in Tucson and found a few xjs that hadn't been touched. So we acquire a few parts. I will say it looks much better with the front end complete. Yes I kno I need to move my light bar out a little so I can point it the right way.

Compare the pictures above to this picture from last weekend...

"Lophat is not going anywhere, it's a reference. This forum would fold up and die if he left. LOL!" -- OTR-93YJ

"if they are like LoPhat, then their heads are stuck so far up their rear they have re-emerged as a head." -- From_Catherine

"Lo-Phat.. Don't wash the XJ. You don't want someone to confuse it as a mall crawler.." -- Will E

Looks a lot less project now.

I've been following this, Think I'd pull what I wanted to keep sell the rest and move on. All though neat and cool it's a money pit with no return especially when you factor in the rust issues.

Quote Originally Posted by bkhjeep View Post
    I've been following this, Think I'd pull what I wanted to keep sell the rest and move on. All though neat and cool it's a money pit with no return especially when you factor in the rust issues.
    Who buys a jeep for returns? Kind of an oxymoron isn't it? I love the build. It's not the typical "Me Too" JK and will be a very capable rig when completed.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bkhjeep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dustin g View Post
    Who buys a jeep for returns? Kind of an oxymoron isn't it? I love the build. It's not the typical "Me Too" JK and will be a very capable rig when completed.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    Or do the smart thing and build it as it should have been originally. the original budget could have supported the build but i wasn't thinking about the little ****. as it sits its officially no longer for sale so it is getting pulled apart and fixed. no details or updates till its done. the rust issues i already have a plan for and the time to repair won't be that long.

Long time since I updated but not much has happened to it in the last 2 months other than scoring a rubi case for it. BUT it has come down to having to start fresh. bonus is whatever i end up building will start off with primo parts. Starting monday it will end up on my trailer and my parts will start coming off/out of it and the body, engine, and transmission will get hauled off to a TBD junk yard. if anyone wants a rusted MJ body hit me up by December 2nd.

Shortly after I posted my last update I was given an offer I couldn't refuse. It involved me trading the ax15 for an aw4. I was happy (no more painful trips). Since then I have found a few key parts and should start seeing them show up this week. On that list of parts is almost impossible to find MJ chassis stiffeners, RAD/Winters shifter, and beadlock parts (o-rings and inserts for my humvee beadlocks). Hopefully soon my 41.5" Pitbulls ship and I can get the MJ to trail worthy status and maybe even thru emissions.

While installing the aw4 I also swapped in my Rubi 4:1 (craigslist score). So after I get the rest of my parts I will need to get the "race Jeep" axles re-geared from 4.56 to 5.38, and figure out a hydro assist setup.

I forgot I also have the parts coming to fix the steering and the super short tracbar(currently 13" shorter than the drag link). When i get those parts the track bar and drag link will be exactly the same length and parallel. It will be nice to drive it without having so much bump steer that a pebble causes lane changes.

Look up Redneck Ram for the hydro, it's cheaper than psc and works great! Turns my 40s no problem in the rocks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Parts are showing up.
    MJ specific stiffener kit

RAD/winters shifter w/ rock gate mod

Humvee beadlock inserts and orings

(I kno the garage is trashed)

I'll be getting the tube inserts, material, and new trackbar bracket Saturday. Finally matching the drag link and track bar plus fixing my 3/4" toe out issue.

Finally got a date for receiving my tires. the will be here Monday March 6th. I can't wait. May finally get something done on this. Beadlocks are ready to mount, and all my front suspension parts came in. No updates until April.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread Information