Thread: The first of three

The first of three

This one is still a 660.

The second one will be here as soon as the engine work is done. And the third will be here this spring. It won't be stock either.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bachelor Degree in Environmental Science and showing who does the real damage is my game.

Re: The first of three

Don't hurt yourself with those!
    Lol
    Im back to the drawing board
    STAY TUNED!

Yes sir! Looks like a good start. Just remember one general rule of off road racing on quads: 50.00 worth of suspension will beat 500.00 worth of horsepower!

As I said in the PM, I plan to be at the Vulture in February. I had planned to camp out in the desert and run a check point or something, but if you need help in the pits I'll help you out.
    Non-College Educated Working Class White Deplorable....

Quote Originally Posted by azgypsy View Post
    Don't hurt yourself with those!
    Lol
    Not scared. As soon as he doc clears me, I'll be working back up to a pro license again.
    Bachelor Degree in Environmental Science and showing who does the real damage is my game.

Quote Originally Posted by OTR-93YJ View Post
    Yes sir! Looks like a good start. Just remember one general rule of off road racing on quads: 50.00 worth of suspension will beat 500.00 worth of horsepower!

As I said in the PM, I plan to be at the Vulture in February. I had planned to camp out in the desert and run a check point or something, but if you need help in the pits I'll help you out.
    Suspension is covered. 12+ inches front and rear. It is also 6 inches wider up front and 4 inches wider in the rear. Motor was lacking a little though.

Not sure what you are doing to the motor but we used to shave .010 off the heads on the hondas (actually did one at .040) and it would turn them into monsters! But you have pay at the pump, so to speak, since you can only run the highest octane once you do that. It was a good inexpensive way to boost the HP. We also did big bore kits, over sized valves and porting work to the ones that had a better budget. LOL.

The shop that has it is saying 70+ horsepower. I could have had more done but I would like some kind of reliability. Kinda wonder how this would compare to the big c.c. banshees I used to run. They were fun but they were like hand grenades. Never knew when they were going to pop.

Give ya hint on the motor. I have to run a set of Monster dual exhaust.

And you're going to stop every lap for fuel at the vulture....well done!

I used to watch the Han**** boys when they would pit. Even with a desert tank they couldn't make two laps. Those machines used some fuel.

I guess I can't type their last name. LOL.

With the 5 gal. desert tank, I'll have around a 75 mile ranged based upon talking to others with similar engines. And with 14/40 gearing, the aftermarket ignition, and the 22 inch rear tires, top speed should be around the century mark. If the little bit of riding before I sent this one out is any indication, the speed shouldn't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Machinist View Post
    With the 5 gal. desert tank, I'll have around a 75 mile ranged based upon talking to others with similar engines. And with 14/40 gearing, the aftermarket ignition, and the 22 inch rear tires, top speed should be around the century mark. If the little bit of riding before I sent this one out is any indication, the speed shouldn't be a problem.
    Did you hit the century mark on it? Who did the motor, Kenz, KMS, or RE?

Yes, and more importantly.......

Are we building a AZVJC pit crew?

Thread Information