Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RNTH build

Re: RNTH build

Hillbilly Hilton !

RockKrawling is not a Crime !

These are so much more practical than huge toyhaulers! Nice work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs
    Jason is always a maybe even when he is confirmed!

RNTH build

Looks great, Dan! Enjoy the new setup. Been so jonesing to do this to my GN, but it has to wait until next Spring.
    Last edited by Huck; 09-25-2015 at 08:23 AM.
    yah, Huck you newbie, Rubicon drivin', mall Cruisin', bling-bling, bolt-on, got no drivin skillz, drove thru a AutoZone with a crap magnet attached, H2 wannabe, poseur! Pay attention!
    If you would pry your sorry arse out the Scottsdale Fashion Square once in a while you would know more about the BLM and the USFS (you do know those acronyms, right?).

Sweet set up Dan. Enjoy the home away from home while on the trails.
    From race-car to weekend warrior. XJ to JK...

Quote Originally Posted by Huck View Post
    Looks great, Dan! Enjoy the new setup. Been so jonesing to do this to my GN, but it has to wait until next Spring.
    Huck, maybe by then you will have a rig to put on it. We have our reservations for the 4th and plan to wheel Montrose again. Just got back from a great trip to JV and Dan's rig was awesome. Even Dutchee liked it.
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.......Mad Dog

Rich (at the Lake)

Quote Originally Posted by katvans View Post
    Huck, maybe by then you will have a rig to put on it. We have our reservations for the 4th and plan to wheel Montrose again. Just got back from a great trip to JV and Dan's rig was awesome. Even Dutchee liked it.
    Off topic:
    That's the plan, Rich. The heep is about done. It's in assembly stage. Lots of little trick things done to it. I believe you'll approve. : ). Next year, in CO, is my plan, as of now.

On topic:
    Already pricing another 'longer' GN and shopping cab-overs. Just can't spend the coin, until the build is complete and I've gotten through the holidays and the trip to Antigua.
    yah, Huck you newbie, Rubicon drivin', mall Cruisin', bling-bling, bolt-on, got no drivin skillz, drove thru a AutoZone with a crap magnet attached, H2 wannabe, poseur! Pay attention!
    If you would pry your sorry arse out the Scottsdale Fashion Square once in a while you would know more about the BLM and the USFS (you do know those acronyms, right?).

Thanks all.
    Ran it to Johnson Valley and back over the weekend, worked out great. More upgrades planned, side steps, spare tire mount, camper to trailer wiring, jacuzzi... ;-)
    http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4721&dateline=1301279  261

Awesome man!!! I love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mingoglia View Post
    For the record, I'm a douchebag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili View Post
    Shaft size/strength is pretty important.
    "Randabuggy 2.0" in progress

Really came out nice so far Dan..... Glad it worked well for ya in Johnson Valley..... There are some things you will get use to by towing a gooseneck and the extra weight..... as often as you go, you will figure it out quickly.

Dan's RNTH makes 6 of these in our group, with a 7th in the works, All are 20+5 dovetail style trailers cept mine, All are pulled with 2500 series trucks, all are built/customized to various levels of convenience and all love the set up.......

One thing I noticed when I first built mine was the weight on the truck was about the same as it was with the camper in the bed of the truck and the small trailer loaded up with tongue weight..... now that I have added storage boxes and some other goodies it actually rides much nicer with more tongue weight. No idea as to the number that my tongue weight is but the truck sets pretty level without airbags and rides great.

Here's a coupla pics of mine;

Specs;
    24' flat deck 12k GVW trailer
    8' Lance Squire lite camper
    18,920 lbs as you see it in the first pic..... loaded for the scales, no water, food, beer, wife or dogs. Pretty much everything else I haul camping. Guessing ~20K goin down the road.

-Those storage boxes you see above and below the deck go through the deck so they are deep enough for my plastic folding table and anti-gravity camp chairs.
    -Add ons:
    20 gallon fresh water tank and pump to transfer to camper
    24 gallon sewer tank plumber into camper drain
    Side steps (adding one to the driver side soon too)
    2/100 watt solar panels and controller
    Spare tire mounts for 2 spares
    Tray for levelling boards
    2 camper jacks mounted for stability while camping (If the house is a rockin....... Well you know)

Still a ton of storage to be had...... More mods coming when I re-deck the trailer. My deck is junk, solid but sun blistered so my dogs get splinters in their feet so I roll out a piece of cheap astro turf carpet when camped.

Love my set up.
    Sy
    85 Syota - 6.0/4L80e/Klune/300/60's/XX/37" PBRR's

I like this idea. If a person wanted to they could add additional water tanks and holding tanks under the trailer. Should be plenty of room. I remember even back in the 80's people were doing this, even on bumper pull flat beds with the camper facing backwards.

This really has me reconsidering the 38' fifth wheel TH.
    Non-College Educated Working Class White Deplorable....

Quote Originally Posted by OTR-93YJ View Post
    I like this idea. If a person wanted to they could add additional water tanks and holding tanks under the trailer. Should be plenty of room. I remember even back in the 80's people were doing this, even on bumper pull flat beds with the camper facing backwards.

This really has me reconsidering the 38' fifth wheel TH.
    Did you read my thread? I added tanks..... Flatlanders..... Pfft.....

I first saw one on CL about 10 years ago, I believe it was Ty's current rig..... at the time I didn't have the money or a truck to tow that much..... I since bought the camper to fit my long box truck and then one of our HCR buddy's from Flag showed up with his camper on the trailer and the search for an affordable trailer was on......
    Sy

Sorry. You caught me looking at the pictures....only.
    Non-College Educated Working Class White Deplorable....

Quote Originally Posted by OTR-93YJ View Post
    Sorry. You caught me looking at the pictures....only.
    I am plenty guilty of the same thing...... I didn't wanna soil up Dan's thread with any more pictures.....

One of the guys in our club has a 10' camper with a slide out on his trailer.... Tows no problem with a 2500 Dodge CTD.
    Sy

Love it man, nice work. The little pop up gazebo is a nice touch too.

Those are like "mini guest homes"
    Awesome setups!
    Im back to the drawing board
    STAY TUNED!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information