Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wellll....

Re: Wellll....

Quote Originally Posted by aroundincircles View Post
    Kids are definitely not for everybody, and a lot of people who have kids should not (Like my junkie sister in law) But even as a teenager, I've wanted kids of my own. and the kids I've had are smart, healthy, pleasant, attractive kids, so I was willing to have more than just a couple.
    I'm glad you didn't take what I said as an insult, because it wasn't meant to be. But, wait, did you just compare me to your junkie sister in law? LOL.
    '93 YJ, 4.0, NV4500, Atlas, 35s
    '17 WK2, 5.7, ZF8HP70, NV245, 31s

I always wanted kids but grew out of that...
    Tiki's TJ is a 98 Wrangler Sport, 4.0l inline 6, sitting on BFG KO2 33's

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TreeKiller View Post
    I'm glad you didn't take what I said as an insult, because it wasn't meant to be. But, wait, did you just compare me to your junkie sister in law? LOL.
    haha, not at all. Just saying I appreciate people who make the conscious decision to have kids, or to not have kids, vs people who make no decision, which is a decision to bring kids into a situation where they may lead more difficult lives than necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by TreeKiller View Post
    Yeah eventually I hear the tax deduction starts to do more to offset the cost of the kids.

Sorry, I by choice have no kids, so this is only by word of mouth lol. I mean, plenty of women have said they WANT to have my kids (lies) but I have not given any of them the satisfaction of being able to make me give them money. I mean, let's be honest, that's a lot of nights of bottle service in Snottsdale I wouldn't have otherwise (maybe) been able to afford.

So, I leave the hard work of having and raising children to the more giving, selfless folks in this world. This isn't meant to be a dick post, more to be a Kudos to you for not being a selfish bastard like me.
    Well said! I had one. He's a great kid and he is truly the best part of my life but it didn't take me long to realize that I was not the 'big' family type guy!

Congrats to you AIC. You seem like a great dad. Enjoy them while you can.
    Non-College Educated Working Class White Deplorable....

My kids made me a better person before them i wasent going anywhere. Then i met my wife and it all changed. We now have 3 great grand kids to enjoy as well. I love them all.

Congrats AIC !

Quote Originally Posted by 67jeepsterguy View Post
    My kids made me a better person before them i wasent going anywhere. Then i met my wife and it all changed. We now have 3 great grand kids to enjoy as well. I love them all.
    I resisted becoming a better person.....

LOL!
    Non-College Educated Working Class White Deplorable....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OTR-93YJ View Post
    I resisted becoming a better person.....

LOL!
    hahaha... Sometimes all you need is one. My cousin and his wife have just one. and she is a HANDFUL... she takes all of their time. she is 9 or 10 now, and is in 3 different sports at the same time, is 2 grades above her age, and has enough energy to outrun a cheetah, she is not well behaved, not because she isn't a good kid, but because she cannot sit still for 2 seconds and is beyond curious. if I had had one like her I doubt I would have #4 coming along. My kids are pretty easy compared to what I see other parents have to deal with.

Blog Entries

Sorry for the bad pic, I was only able to take one before my battery died. but I know the jeep isn't the safest vehicle in the world, and I don't trust a 26 year old car all that much. so I've been saving up for a 7 passenger vehicle, hoping to have enough set aside for when the baby came, but this fell into my lap today, 06 ford freestyle. well fell as in I had to drive all the way to surprise today to get it.

I paid over $1000 less than the lowest kbb private party value on it, and it is CLEAN, and I can only find 3 things wrong with it, 1 of the back seats that folds down does't fold up quite right unless you push on it from the front (I think something is loose and I just have to tighten it down or just never fold that seat down) the cubby in the middle of the dash (not the glove box) has a worn out spring so it doesn't pop open, you kinda have to lift on it, and lastly the brakes groan like an old door when you press on the peddle. Going to have to figure that one out. It has brand new tires, brakes, rotors, plugs, oil change, AC condenser, motor mounts. It drives smooth and clean. The CVT is better tuned than the one in my patriot, and it isn't as noisy as the one that was in my patriot. Hopefully we will get a lot of good use out of it over the next many years.

Rear seat in the XJ will still happen, but since I spent the money I was going to use on that on this car, it will wait a few more months. But the wife is keen on some nice camping trips, so she is looking forward to it as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information