Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Banning, bullying, threads removed, treatment of others

Banning, bullying, threads removed, treatment of others

Ok, first let me say that yes someone was given a 2 week timeout. When people push limits there is a limit, the moderators as much as some may disagree have been very fair to the folks on here, the moderators have given members alot of bandwidth to conduct themselves as they see fit. Moderators tend to move threads that are in the wrong place, a job of the moderators, but we also need to keep people in line with the intent of the board.

Rules:
    The Arizona Virtual Jeep Club is unlike any other club in Arizona... and possibly, unlike any other club in the world. One of the first things you'll notice is that we expect members to treat each other on the forum, just as they would treat each other in real life. Playing keyboard cowboy tough-guy is a sure way to be banned.

It isn't that we feel we need to be held to some higher standard, it is simply that we expect this site to be viewable by all members of a family. This is our home, and when you invite people into your home, you expect them to act with decorum. We want this to be a place you aren't afraid to have your children visit.

The Arizona Virtual Jeep club is the largest off-road club in Arizona for a reason... and we'd like to think that our family-friendly culture has something to do with it.

That said there have been places set up you need to sign up for to allow people to push those limits. However when those limits are breached on the main board and come in the form of bullying it will not be tollerated. While some may disagree with what or where the line is, we don't take banning anyone for any amount of time lightly, nor do we find pleasure in it. Most that disagree with if the line was crossed tend to make the mods lives nightmares for a time period after, so no it is not fun nor anything we like to do.

Banning implies gone, I don't like that a different term like time out can be done, but Ban is the term that is there. We can give a short timeout, a longer timeout and if need be a perm ban. We like to first reach out and let the user make a change and give an opportunity to hear both sides, then if need be take action to correct. PM's calls etc are used first. As a last resort a timeout can be given and hopefully it stops there.

If a moderator gives a warning it is not personal, there is a reason talk with us, we may still not always agree, but lets be civil. If you continue to push the limit, you leave us no choice.

As for the moderators, it has gotten way out of hand. I understand we don't always do what you want, but we have to look at it from all users on this boards best interest in mind. So sometimes it may not line up with your idea of what is best, we are open to discuss, not play childish games of how far can push. Sometimes it may be misread humor, others it is quite appearant it is badgering, bullying and no benefit to the board or the users. Continued bullying of badgering the mods that is not in fun will no be tolerated. If you have an issue there is a chain of command, reach out to the mod, it that does not work reach out to Joe. If we are still so out of alignment with your thoughts this may not be the club for you. There are plenty of clubs that support and relish drama, feel free to join them.

Next there will be some recent threads that don't add any merit and were only meant to push limits and bait others. These will be removed. If you feel one was removed in error please PM me to discuss. I will listen and if need be a thread may be restored, however I am not going to have a heated debate on the forum, not will any type of poll help your cause, please be adult and contact me so we can discuss.

I feel this has gone on long enough and crossed too many lines, thus this action being taken today. Time to get this under control and back to what its intent has always been. I took a few hours to really search what course of action I wanted to take on this, it was not a knee jerk reaction so please don't think I take this lightly, it has given me heartburn having to come to this.

Thank you for you time in reading this and foe being a member of this board, even those I disagree with, your input and being here is appreciated.
    Last edited by My1stJeep; 03-13-2015 at 04:51 PM.
    Chris
    4 Angry Squirrels

My1stJeep@excite.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    4 Bangers Rule

Re: Banning, bullying, threads removed, treatment of others

I couldn't agree more Chris 👍

Wow I wish I saw this three hours ago and my choice would have been different. Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by TJcrawlin View Post
    I couldn't agree more Chris ��
    And I couldn't agree less, with absolutely all due respect.

Originally Posted by *Dirt~Angel*

Treekiller,

Hahahaha! Nice ; ) Cleary, youíve caught on to my poor graphic design skills and my ability to talk s**t from a masculine standpoint better than you, which means I must be a guy, right??. Thank you Captain Obvious! Your balls must still be hanging on one of those tree branches on the side of a trail somewhere .. Maybe you should go find them and see if you can have them reattached so you can actually be a real a**hole with great comebacks, instead of this lame s**t that sounds like your mentally challenged 7 year old son came up with after you forced him to take his brothers d**k out of his mouth. Besides, isnít there a post in the wrong section somewhere you should be tending to?? Looks like you're much better off handling those threads...

With love,

Nikki

About that:

1. I'm strictly a web wheeler, so it would be impossible for my nuts to be hanging in a tree branch on the side of the trail somewhere.
    2. No kids (er, that I know of), so none of that applies either.
    3. I do like how you're stepping up the profanity. Solid!!!
    4. This must be the post you're referring to. Moving to drama.

- Scott

Really?!! So some random keyboard cow'girl' can publicly and personally insult a mod in the most graphic terms possible and remain a Registered User, and Bugs gets banned?? Dude's done more for other members in the last week than I have, but by all accounts is 'too snarky' to play here.

Place is nuts.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience more often than not comes from bad judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Ed View Post
    Really?!! So some random keyboard cow'girl' can publicly and personally insult a mod in the most graphic terms possible and remain a Registered User, and Bugs gets banned?? Dude's done more for other members in the last week than I have, but by all accounts is 'too snarky' to play here.

Place is nuts.
    True dat. I wrote earlier that collectively, the job of moderation here is better than most places I've seen, but that doesn't mean they always get it right. The Bugs decision is nuts, there's no better way to put it. Well said.
    K7ARB

Treekiller,

Hahahaha! Nice ; ) Cleary, youíve caught on to my poor graphic design skills and my ability to talk s**t from a masculine standpoint better than you, which means I must be a guy, right??. Thank you Captain Obvious! Your balls must still be hanging on one of those tree branches on the side of a trail somewhere .. Maybe you should go find them and see if you can have them reattached so you can actually be a real a**hole with great comebacks, instead of this lame s**t that sounds like your mentally challenged 7 year old son came up with after you forced him to take his brothers d**k out of his mouth. Besides, isnít there a post in the wrong section somewhere you should be tending to?? Looks like you're much better off handling those threads...

With love,

Nikki

About that:

1. I'm strictly a web wheeler, so it would be impossible for my nuts to be hanging in a tree branch on the side of the trail somewhere.

- Scott

Place is nuts.
    That's why this Angel has to be a known someone using an assumed identity. If not, she would be banned.
    Non-College Educated Working Class White Deplorable....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by My1stJeep View Post

The Arizona Virtual Jeep club is the largest off-road club in Arizona for a reason... and we'd like to think that our family-friendly culture has something to do with it.

Next there will be some recent threads that don't add any merit and were only meant to push limits and bait others. These will be removed.
    ge
    Thank you for you time in reading this and foe being a member of this board, even those I disagree with, your input and being here is appreciated.
    I appreciate the work that the mods on our board do. I didn't see any bullying by the recently banned life member but I get to read the posts of the provocateur Dirt Angel. Why? Family friendly doesnt't concern me cuz this is my interest, my family could care less about this forum. There is no merit to "her" post other than your aforementioned "baiting". All in good fun initially but it's gettin old. If anybody should be banned it should be "her".
    79 cj7, rebuilt 304, YJ family "cage" , wide track axles, Moser 1 pc. rear, lockrites F/R, TF999/D300 with custom floor shifter, twin sticked, 33x12.5x15 Falken Wild Peaks

Treekiller,

With love,

Nikki

About that:

- Scott

Place is nuts.
    I get it cactus ed. I don't take things personally like that i do not know the whole story but i do know bugs. And its weird that he is banned and the other on a suspension but, like i said before i dont know the whole story.

Blog Entries

Free Bugs and use the Ban Hammer on the Dirty Angle. Good return on investment as far as I'm concerned.
    79 cj7, rebuilt 304, YJ family "cage" , wide track axles, Moser 1 pc. rear, lockrites F/R, TF999/D300 with custom floor shifter, twin sticked, 33x12.5x15 Falken Wild Peaks

Treekiller,

With love,

Nikki

About that:

- Scott

Place is nuts.
    I would suggest folks getting facts straight, There have been no PERMANENT Bans issued. The term BAN is based on the software, it does not give us the ability to say Time Out, so even if it is a two day, 1 day, two week, a month etc... it says ban. I hope this clears it up for those questioning things.
    Chris
    4 Angry Squirrels

My1stJeep@excite.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    4 Bangers Rule

I would suggest folks getting facts straight, There have been no PERMANENT Bans issued. The term BAN is based on the software, it does not give us the ability to say Time Out, so even if it is a two day, 1 day, two week, a month etc... it says ban. I hope this clears it up for those questioning things.
    That's what i thought it was just a temporary thing not permanent

Blog Entries

So how long is Bugs in the hoosegow? I miss his pictures

I would suggest folks getting facts straight, There have been no PERMANENT Bans issued. The term BAN is based on the software, it does not give us the ability to say Time Out...
    You might want to check the caps lock. You (collectively) can clearly type the fact that there was no permanent ban early on in this exchange, but no one chose that course of action. That leaves us to deduce whatever "facts" we can put together.

Recalculating.

Good judgement comes from experience. Experience more often than not comes from bad judgement.

I'm glad Bugs got Banned he deserve it! Did I just say that! Yup

He was rude to me! Few others as well!

What I like about him he does great trip run with his buddies and very good with taking picture! That is what he should stick with when he comes back and keep his mouth shut and be a positive person!

I'm also working on be a better person with everyone and just gonna stick with wheeling only like I always have been!

Happy wheeling!
    Last edited by Racerdan1992; 03-13-2015 at 06:52 PM.

Holy Jesus are you kidding me?

Anyway someone tell Bugs I got a trackbar and mount for him cheap if he wants it
    Long arm/37"/beedlocks/Mas grande arb Dana 44 rear/grande 44 front/ superjoints/WJ knuckle conversion/harness/cage/seats/winch/5.13/armor/skids/
    Parts/hydro/5-1/takes a beating that's for sure but still needs more crap

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information