Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Annual Toys for Troops Event, Dec 7

2nd Annual Toys for Troops Event, Dec 7

Alright guys and girls. It is time for our second annual Toys for Troops events. We are hosting it this year out in Florence on Dec 7th.. Plan is that we will get everyone together around 8-9 am. Split people up into 2 groups that would like to go run a trail. 1st group being a simple trail though Box Canyon. 2nd group being a more difficult trail through Elvis. We figure each trail takes about 2 hours. I know that is if no one breaks anything and things like that. I am hoping the 2nd group will be able to run Elvis and come back out through box and hopefully meet with the 1st group some where in there. Everyone should be back at the Tents around 11-12. We will hold the raffle and hopefully have some food out there for people. Last year it ended around 3-4 pm.

Last year we held it out at Sycamore and had a pretty decent turn out with about 100+ people. It was on very short notice last year. But still ended with a lot of toys that we delivered to Luke Air Force base.

Here is how it all works. When you bring a toy for a donation you are given a raffle ticket. Now you can bring multiple toys and receive multiple tickets. We just ask that you don't buy $1 toys and expect a bunch of raffle tickets. Please make it worth it as this is all going to the kids. If you do not have time or want to buy a toy at all. You can purchase a raffle ticket for $10. This money just gets put into jar and we will go buy more toys to give the kids. It was a great time last year. Including we had some awesome raffles. I am working with multiple companies on some donations right now. Last year we had a lot of food gift certificates, Big O gift certificates, Ice Chest, lots of swag, and a lot of other cool items as well. If you own a company or know anyone that would like to donate to the raffle prizes please let me know. I am trying to get some event shirts made and also some event stickers done. Each year we keep trying to make this grow.

I have attached the link to the event on Facebook so you can sign up there. If you would like to just adds your name here I will keep updating it as well.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1503082863292900

Thanks everyone and hope to see a lot of you out there.

Re: 2nd Annual Toys for Troops Event, Dec 7

Well I dont have Facebook but put me in for the Elvis group please. Toys wrapped or unwrapped?

Lunatic Fridge
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wheelinHawkeye View Post
    Welll... I might fall under the category "special" kinda crazy. Wait, what ? Did I just say....
    Quote Originally Posted by LO PHAT View Post
    You will fit right in with my group of misfits. I'll even make them promise to flop you gently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar_Mike 2013 View Post
    Yup, I'm a crab. Crabs make me feel dirty.

I will see if I can make it. I work at Luke, so if you need help getting toys on base, just let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatic_Fridge View Post
    Well I dont have Facebook but put me in for the Elvis group please. Toys wrapped or unwrapped?

Lunatic Fridge
    I think unwrapped. That is how I dropped them off last year. Probably easier for them to decide boy or girl that way when we drop them off.

Quote Originally Posted by Falke401 View Post
    I will see if I can make it. I work at Luke, so if you need help getting toys on base, just let me know.
    Ok cool, I know last year I had to get ahold of a few different people to get them picked up at the front gate by the right people.

Very Cool man.. Ill try to make it out to this.

This event has been added to the VJC Event Calendar: http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/calen...&day=2014-12-7

Scott
    '93 YJ, 4.0, NV4500, Atlas, 35s
    '17 WK2, 5.7, ZF8HP70, NV245, 31s

Blog Entries

I will be there. I also have a set of Rugged Ridge Ultimate Grab Handles for a JK that are new in the box that I will donate to the raffle.

Blog Entries

Also, I am only seeing this event by clicking on the calendar. I would have a mod put it back in the pleasure stock runs and moderate runs forum so that people can find it easily. I only saw this run by accident.

Hmmm, I wonder if it's because the charity events section is in off topic...

Moved to moderate runs so that more people can see it.

I will try to make it. Anyone else interested in camping out there after the bbq Sat?

So I just read the Facebook Event page about this. Where is the meetup going to be? I see references to the Meetup spot but I dont have a facebook account so I cant sign up there for it to get any announcements or additional details. Any info would be appreciated. Willygoat and I are looking forward to going after a little constructive toy shopping.

Lunatic Fridge
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wheelinHawkeye View Post
    Welll... I might fall under the category "special" kinda crazy. Wait, what ? Did I just say....
    Quote Originally Posted by LO PHAT View Post
    You will fit right in with my group of misfits. I'll even make them promise to flop you gently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar_Mike 2013 View Post
    Yup, I'm a crab. Crabs make me feel dirty.

Jeremy hasn't updated the meeting location yet. I know he was working with Graham entertainment to potentially use a small piece of the land Country Thunder takes place on each year as the meeting spot and location of the raffle, but I don't know if that came to fruition. I'm sure he'll post up here shortly with a location...

Scott

Alright guys. Since I have not been able to get ahold of the people that own the Country Thunder area. Here is what I am planning. We will meet up just after the flag pole. I have attached a link to the area. I am hoping it works. The road is called East Cottonwood Canyon Rd. We will be there around 8 to set up. There is plenty of open land to bring whatever you want out. Quads, dirt bikes or whatever. From there since we are on the north side of trails I wanted to run. There is a lot of trails on this side or a 10 minute drive down to Elvis. I hope to see a lot of you guys and girls out there.

There is some great raffle prizes.
    Gift cards to Blue 32, Big O tires, 4 Wheel supply, Uncle Bears, Native New Yorker, amazon gift card and many more. There is also some things for the ladies. A thirty one bag, a hair cut, a full set of nails. I am working on some more things today as well.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/33...!3m1!1s0x0:0x0
    Last edited by Jeremy_Rigid; 12-05-2014 at 11:08 AM.

Blog Entries

This was a fun day for a good cause. We are back home, thanks again everyone for the help with the steering upgrade on the trail. The high lift sleeve.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information