Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AR15 triggers

AR15 triggers

Who likes what and why?

In all honesty, I love the normal trigger with a bit of work done to it. Polished up the surfaces, bent the springs a tad, ran a set screw for over travel, and notched the safety so it still functions properly. Cheap and easy to do and i get an extremely crisp, light trigger pull.

stick that in your $200+ trigger pipe and smoke it!

I'll gladly put my $2 trigger up against any of the high dollar ones if we wanted to do a meet/greet/shoot when the weather cools down a bit

Re: AR15 triggers

I don't shoot my AR's enough to notice the shortcomings of the stock trigger. I have a 10/22 with a Volquartsen trigger and it's pretty nice.
    Well I was drunk, the day my mom got outta prison...

Quote Originally Posted by ShmUDE View Post
    Who likes what and why?

In all honesty, I love the normal trigger with a bit of work done to it. Polished up the surfaces, bent the springs a tad, ran a set screw for over travel, and notched the safety so it still functions properly. Cheap and easy to do and i get an extremely crisp, light trigger pull.

I'll gladly put my $2 trigger up against any of the high dollar ones if we wanted to do a meet/greet/shoot when the weather cools down a bit
    Except I don't know how to do any of that. Messing with my trigger is not something I feel comfortable doing. I'd much rather pay 200+ bucks and not kill someone accidentally.
    1976 Jeep CJ7 | 5.3 LS | TH400 | D300 | D30/ARB | D44HP/ARB| 35's | My CJ7 Rebuild Thread |The CAGE project

The only AR type rifle that I own has a "M" designation, the trigger pull isn't really an issue Keeping it fed is another story though.
    http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=10100&dateline=1356046401 $350 generated for the AZOHVC from the sale of these decals so far. ($5/pair is donated)

I really like the trigger in the run of the mill CMMG LPK. Smooth, crisp, and way nicer than I was expecting. Much better than the trigger I have in my other AR. I have thought about messing with both but don't want to mess them up.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSublime View Post
    also, have you noticed how many things are "know to cause cancer in the state of california"? its obserd. good thing we are in Arizona and they dont cause cancer here.

Quote Originally Posted by aribelin View Post
    The only AR type rifle that I own has a "M" designation, the trigger pull isn't really an issue Keeping it fed is another story though.
    Tease us with a pic? I have fired several magazines through one at SGC. I can't imagine how bad *** that would be to own.

I'm not a trigger snob, but only because I can't tell the difference between a great trigger and a really good trigger (usually). I can't normally tell which is better (if they're both good to begin with), but I do know a horrible trigger when I feel one.

In my blaster AR's, I use whatever comes in the LPK; usually a DPMS unit. In my service rifle, I use a Rock River two-stage, but I've been thinking of upgrading to a Geissele soon. I've also used Timney in my 700's and really liked them too.

-WRM

Quote Originally Posted by joedokes28 View Post
    Tease us with a pic? I have fired several magazines through one at SGC. I can't imagine how bad *** that would be to own.
    Name:  M16A1.JPG
Views: 129
Size:  295.4 KB

This is older than most of you guys, 37 years.
    http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=10100&dateline=1356046401 $350 generated for the AZOHVC from the sale of these decals so far. ($5/pair is donated)

That's beautiful!

This is a really good thread. I have a dpms lpk in my build that I have been wanting to upgrade but don't know with what yet. I have a DiamondBack that has their own trigger and it is quite a bit nicer than the DPMS. I also have a Sig P556 Swat that has a beautiful pull. Sigs always have great triggers with the exception of the 938.
    I'm sorry, what? I was ignoring you

Quote Originally Posted by joedokes28 View Post
    That's beautiful!
    Here is a full shot:

Name:  M16.JPG
Views: 113
Size:  261.0 KB

I have a 2 stage in my hunting ar, the rest I am really ok with a standard trigger.
    1997 TJ 2.5l zone 4.25 lift on 33's, Locked/open, winch, cup holder.

Quote Originally Posted by ShmUDE View Post
    Who likes what and why?

I heard you're quick on the trigger....particularly when it's being smoked.
    Quote Originally Posted by djui5 View Post
    I'm an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Green Jeep View Post
    I have no clue...

I have dry fired a timney in and AR set up and it was light smooth and crisp, no take up. It is what is going in my SBR. Havent played with alot of the other drop in triggers
    AKA "THUNDERMONKEY"

If we could just find out who's in charge, we could kill him.

So I had some free time today and messed with one of my AR triggers. Polished the engagement surfaces, clipped the hammer spring and bent the trigger spring legs. Was going to put in a set screw but my lower doesn't have the normal threads I guess; will do that at a later date. All in all it was easy and I didn't screw it up. Came out awesome! Definitely happy with the end result. I have no experience with high dollar drop in's but this is now the nicest trigger I have in any of my guns.

Also polished up the trigger in my Marlin 17VS and swapped and modded the sear and trigger springs. Quite the productive afternoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSublime View Post
    also, have you noticed how many things are "know to cause cancer in the state of california"? its obserd. good thing we are in Arizona and they dont cause cancer here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information