Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 78

Thread: Announcement of public scoping meetings for BLM's Black Canyon Recreation and Travel

  1. #46
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Mountain
    Posts
    10,011

    Re: Announcement of public scoping meetings for BLM's Black Canyon Recreation and Tra

    Quote Originally Posted by TanTJJim View Post
    Thanks for the info Chris, I thought I remember hearing something along those lines.

    And thanks for the info Scott, if I ever need a new one I'll get a hold of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by mingoglia View Post
    Sorry, I don't have breasts..... hell, I aint fooling' anyone.
    The shirt offer is open to anyone lol. I don't want to have to get them from him piecemeal though so would prefer if at least 5 people want shirts I can get them and distribute...

    Keyboard Cowboy
    '93 YJ, 4.0, NV4500, Atlas, 35s
    '17 WK2, 5.7, ZF8HP70, NV245, 31s

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    134

    Re: Announcement of public scoping meetings for BLM's Black Canyon Recreation and Tra

    Add me to your red shirt list and let me know how to get the shirt dollars to you.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Silver City, NM
    Posts
    763

    Re: Announcement of public scoping meetings for BLM's Black Canyon Recreation and Tra

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnF View Post
    Add me to your red shirt list and let me know how to get the shirt dollars to you.
    I would like to quote the above word for word.
    Silence is Golden, but Duct Tape comes in many colors.
    Practice Leave No Trace, leave it cleaner than you found it.
    Jorneyman Polyphase Meterman - IBEW Local 387

  4. #49
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    233

    Re: Announcement of public scoping meetings for BLM's Black Canyon Recreation and Tra

    Courtney and I will be there the 12th. Already have coalition shirts and will be sporting them.

    Sent from the voices in my head
    Square headlights do it better!

  5. #50
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    South Mountain
    Posts
    10,011

    Re: Announcement of public scoping meetings for BLM's Black Canyon Recreation and Tra

    Quote Originally Posted by TreeKiller View Post
    The shirt offer is open to anyone lol. I don't want to have to get them from him piecemeal though so would prefer if at least 5 people want shirts I can get them and distribute...

    Keyboard Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnF View Post
    Add me to your red shirt list and let me know how to get the shirt dollars to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteMtnJeep View Post
    I would like to quote the above word for word.
    PM me if you guys don't mind with what size you want. That way I can keep track of who wants them better than I can in this thread. Also, I am out of town this week and won't be back till Friday night. I guess I should have mentioned that before...so I won't be able to get them to you until next week. If you don't want them since that's after tomorrow nights meeting, I understand. Just let me know.

    Scott

    Keyboard Cowboy
    '93 YJ, 4.0, NV4500, Atlas, 35s
    '17 WK2, 5.7, ZF8HP70, NV245, 31s

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    glendale
    Posts
    665

    Re: Announcement of public scoping meetings for BLM's Black Canyon Recreation and Tra

    Quote Originally Posted by My1stJeep View Post
    Dear Interested Party:

    The Bureau of Land Management’s (BLM) Hassayampa Field Office invites your participation in the development of the Black Canyon Recreation and Travel Management Plan. This area includes the Black Canyon and the Upper Agua Fria Management Units as designated in BLM approved Bradshaw-Harquahala Resource Management Plan (2010), which identifies allowable uses for your public lands, such as recreation and routes that would be further developed in site specific plans (See Planning Area map).

    The BLM intends to develop a comprehensive trail system for motorized and non-motorized use and to guide the management of the Black Canyon National Recreation Trail (BCNRT). The plan will also address other complimentary uses such as camping, special events, trailheads, and other trail-related facilities.

    In order to make decisions that conserve public lands for this and future generations, the BLM will conduct an environmental assessment and invite the public to participate. We will specifically seek input on these following topics and others that you bring to our attention:

    Black Canyon National Recreation Trail (BCNRT):
    •Should the BLM construct parking areas, staging areas, and/or trailheads? If so, where and what types of facilities are appropriate? (e.g. kiosks, restrooms, horse trailer parking, horse hitches, camping areas, picnic benches. etc.) Currently, the BLM proposes eight trailheads:
    (See enclosed Black Canyon NRT map)
    oBob Bentley
    oSoap Creek
    oGlorianna
    oCastle Creek
    oBumble Bee
    oHidden Treasure
    oDrinking Snake
    oSpring Valley

    •Where should the BCNRT link to communities, other recreation sites, the Agua Fria National Monument, and/or National Forests? Possible connector trails include, but are not limited to:
    (See enclosed Black Canyon NRT map)
    oAgua Fria National Monument
    oPrescott and Tonto National Forests
    oMaricopa County trail system
    oBlack Canyon Heritage Park
    oCommunities such as Black Canyon City, Cordes Lakes, Anthem, and others

    •Should the BLM construct new trails in Wilderness Character Areas? If so, to what types of uses should they be open? (e.g. proposed Slate Creek Loop of the BCNRT)
    •Should the BLM enact protective measures along the BCNRT to respond to public health and safety concerns? If so, what are the concerns and what protections should be considered?
    •Should the BLM authorize Special Recreation Permits (SRPs) for commercial, competitive, organized group activities, and events on the BCNRT? Are limits needed on SRPs? (e.g. number of permits, what types of events, group size, seasonal limitations, etc.)

    Travel Management:
    •The BLM is considering designating a route system containing approximately 325 miles of roads, primitive roads, and trails. (See enclosed Planning Area map)
    oWhere are parking areas needed to accommodate use and future growth?
    oAre there existing routes that could provide loop trail opportunities or could connector routes be built to provide those opportunities?
    oAre there routes to specific destinations that should be designated as open? Are there more than one route to a destination where one route should be closed, or are there specific routes that should be closed?
    oAre there areas for specialized use that need consideration? (e.g. 4WD rock crawling sites, access to specific natural features)
    oWhat are your suggestions with regard to improving safety, compliance with existing laws and maintaining access for the public’s use of BLM administered public land?

    You are invited to attend any of three public meetings that will be held to discuss the proposed project. Meeting dates, times, and locations are as follows:

    Date Time Location
    06/10/2014 6:00pm Mayer High School
    17300 E. Mule Deer Drive, Spring Valley, AZ 86333

    06/12/2014 6:00pm Deer Valley Community Center
    2001 W. Wahalla Lane, Phoenix, AZ 85027

    *06/24/2014 2:00pm BLM Phoenix District Office
    21605 N. 7th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85027

    *This meeting is open to all public participants, but will be focused on Special Recreation Permit (SRP) holders and prospective SRP holders. Anyone interested in this topic is urged to attend this meeting.

    The purpose of these meetings and the development of an environmental assessment is to gather public input for a collaborative plan, following the National Environmental Policy Act process. You can make a difference by providing us with your ideas, comments, or concerns about the proposed project.

    The official 45 day comment period for the project will occur from June 1st through July 15, 2014. Information about the project will be available on the BLM website at https://ilmnirm0ap601.blm.doi.net:99...0003e88044d04f
    or at this simplified URL: http://on.doi.gov/1jIQv3q


    We will continue to gather public input beyond the official comment period via a discussion board on the web at http://blackcanyon.mindmixer.com/ . The discussion board will be available starting June 1st, 2014.

    You can submit your comments on the proposed project via:
    •The Discussion Board on http://blackcanyon.mindmixer.com/
    •You may submit your comments electronically by emailing them to: blm_az_blackcanyon@blm.gov
    •You may mail your comments to: BLM Hassayampa Field Office, ATTN: Victor Vizcaino, Black Canyon, 21605 North 7th Avenue, Phoenix, Arizona 85027.
    •You may fax your comments to: Victor Vizcaino at 623-580-5580.
    •Before including your address, phone number, email address, or other personal identifying information in your comment, you should be aware that your entire comment - including your personal identifying information - may be made publicly available at any time. While you can ask us in your comment to withhold your personal identifying information from public review, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to do so.

    If you have any question about this project, please contact Victor Vizcaino, BLM Hassayampa Field Office Recreation Technician at 623-580-5520, vvizcaino@blm.gov, or Tom Bickauskas, BLM Hassayampa Field Office Travel Management Coordinator at 623-580-5502, tbickaus@blm.gov .

    Name:  Black Canyon TMP Starting Map 1.JPG
Views: 543
Size:  86.2 KBName:  Black Canyon TMP Starting Map 2.JPG
Views: 545
Size:  81.4 KB
    Chris im able too make the meeting on the 12th r u going too be their.
    ?

    Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    The Cloud
    Posts
    14,573

    Re: Announcement of public scoping meetings for BLM's Black Canyon Recreation and Tra

    Anyone make it out to the meeting last night? I know this was the far one so I'm assuming very few from here went. I'll be at the one tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by djui5 View Post
    I'm an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Green Jeep View Post
    I have no clue...

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    STV (San Tan Valley)
    Posts
    4,093

    Re: Announcement of public scoping meetings for BLM's Black Canyon Recreation and Tra

    What's a "...Wilderness Character Area."
    (From this question: Should the BLM construct new trails in Wilderness Character Areas?)

    Sounds to me like they are defining a new area classification that will become isolated just like official Wilderness areas are now but the designation would be from the local level instead of federal. Wonder who came up with that terminology, maybe need to ask them in the meeting tomorrow.
    http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4721&dateline=1301279  261

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    On the Elvis "squeeze" Bypass
    Posts
    2,543

    Re: Announcement of public scoping meetings for BLM's Black Canyon Recreation and Tra

    Quote Originally Posted by DanFelix View Post
    What's a "...Wilderness Character Area."
    (From this question: Should the BLM construct new trails in Wilderness Character Areas?)

    Sounds to me like they are defining a new area classification that will become isolated just like official Wilderness areas are now but the designation would be from the local level instead of federal. Wonder who came up with that terminology, maybe need to ask them in the meeting tomorrow.
    Unless you like walking or riding horseback there is nothing you're going to like about "new trails in Wilderness Character Areas".

    "Wilderness character is defined in terms of five qualities: natural, solitude or primitive and unconfined recreation, undeveloped, untrammeled, and other features." from http://www.fs.fed.us/rm/pubs_other/r...ndres_p001.pdf

    More policy info here:

    http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_...rdb5373674.pdf

    According to slide 4 stewardship means less "modern human influence" is "better".
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience more often than not comes from bad judgement.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Buckeye, Az.
    Posts
    7,974

    Re: Announcement of public scoping meetings for BLM's Black Canyon Recreation and Tra

    Quote Originally Posted by DanFelix View Post
    What's a "...Wilderness Character Area."
    (From this question: Should the BLM construct new trails in Wilderness Character Areas?)

    Sounds to me like they are defining a new area classification that will become isolated just like official Wilderness areas are now but the designation would be from the local level instead of federal. Wonder who came up with that terminology, maybe need to ask them in the meeting tomorrow.
    A wilderness character area is an area they have determined meets the qualifications for wilderness designation but has not been designated as wilderness by congress...yet.

    If you read the Wilderness act of 64 (I believe that was the year) you'll understand that none of the areas that we use meet the qualifications. However, many groups are redefining the "qualifications" so they can get these areas designated as wilderness.

    In this case however, since it's not a wilderness area a trail created could be open to motorized recreation. The PNF recently made a bunch of areas wilderness and they used the existing trails/roads as borders. It looks like a jigsaw puzzle on a map. It worked to keep the trails open forever, basically, but it diminished the possibility for new trails; which really pissed the ST guys off.
    Non-College Educated Working Class White Deplorable....

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    STV (San Tan Valley)
    Posts
    4,093

    Re: Announcement of public scoping meetings for BLM's Black Canyon Recreation and Tra

    Thanks for the explanation.
    http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4721&dateline=1301279  261

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    glendale
    Posts
    665

    Re: Announcement of public scoping meetings for BLM's Black Canyon Recreation and Tra

    Quote Originally Posted by My1stJeep View Post
    Dear Interested Party:

    The Bureau of Land Management’s (BLM) Hassayampa Field Office invites your participation in the development of the Black Canyon Recreation and Travel Management Plan. This area includes the Black Canyon and the Upper Agua Fria Management Units as designated in BLM approved Bradshaw-Harquahala Resource Management Plan (2010), which identifies allowable uses for your public lands, such as recreation and routes that would be further developed in site specific plans (See Planning Area map).

    The BLM intends to develop a comprehensive trail system for motorized and non-motorized use and to guide the management of the Black Canyon National Recreation Trail (BCNRT). The plan will also address other complimentary uses such as camping, special events, trailheads, and other trail-related facilities.

    In order to make decisions that conserve public lands for this and future generations, the BLM will conduct an environmental assessment and invite the public to participate. We will specifically seek input on these following topics and others that you bring to our attention:

    Black Canyon National Recreation Trail (BCNRT):
    •Should the BLM construct parking areas, staging areas, and/or trailheads? If so, where and what types of facilities are appropriate? (e.g. kiosks, restrooms, horse trailer parking, horse hitches, camping areas, picnic benches. etc.) Currently, the BLM proposes eight trailheads:
    (See enclosed Black Canyon NRT map)
    oBob Bentley
    oSoap Creek
    oGlorianna
    oCastle Creek
    oBumble Bee
    oHidden Treasure
    oDrinking Snake
    oSpring Valley

    •Where should the BCNRT link to communities, other recreation sites, the Agua Fria National Monument, and/or National Forests? Possible connector trails include, but are not limited to:
    (See enclosed Black Canyon NRT map)
    oAgua Fria National Monument
    oPrescott and Tonto National Forests
    oMaricopa County trail system
    oBlack Canyon Heritage Park
    oCommunities such as Black Canyon City, Cordes Lakes, Anthem, and others

    •Should the BLM construct new trails in Wilderness Character Areas? If so, to what types of uses should they be open? (e.g. proposed Slate Creek Loop of the BCNRT)
    •Should the BLM enact protective measures along the BCNRT to respond to public health and safety concerns? If so, what are the concerns and what protections should be considered?
    •Should the BLM authorize Special Recreation Permits (SRPs) for commercial, competitive, organized group activities, and events on the BCNRT? Are limits needed on SRPs? (e.g. number of permits, what types of events, group size, seasonal limitations, etc.)

    Travel Management:
    •The BLM is considering designating a route system containing approximately 325 miles of roads, primitive roads, and trails. (See enclosed Planning Area map)
    oWhere are parking areas needed to accommodate use and future growth?
    oAre there existing routes that could provide loop trail opportunities or could connector routes be built to provide those opportunities?
    oAre there routes to specific destinations that should be designated as open? Are there more than one route to a destination where one route should be closed, or are there specific routes that should be closed?
    oAre there areas for specialized use that need consideration? (e.g. 4WD rock crawling sites, access to specific natural features)
    oWhat are your suggestions with regard to improving safety, compliance with existing laws and maintaining access for the public’s use of BLM administered public land?

    You are invited to attend any of three public meetings that will be held to discuss the proposed project. Meeting dates, times, and locations are as follows:

    Date Time Location
    06/10/2014 6:00pm Mayer High School
    17300 E. Mule Deer Drive, Spring Valley, AZ 86333

    06/12/2014 6:00pm Deer Valley Community Center
    2001 W. Wahalla Lane, Phoenix, AZ 85027

    *06/24/2014 2:00pm BLM Phoenix District Office
    21605 N. 7th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85027

    *This meeting is open to all public participants, but will be focused on Special Recreation Permit (SRP) holders and prospective SRP holders. Anyone interested in this topic is urged to attend this meeting.

    The purpose of these meetings and the development of an environmental assessment is to gather public input for a collaborative plan, following the National Environmental Policy Act process. You can make a difference by providing us with your ideas, comments, or concerns about the proposed project.

    The official 45 day comment period for the project will occur from June 1st through July 15, 2014. Information about the project will be available on the BLM website at https://ilmnirm0ap601.blm.doi.net:99...0003e88044d04f
    or at this simplified URL: http://on.doi.gov/1jIQv3q


    We will continue to gather public input beyond the official comment period via a discussion board on the web at http://blackcanyon.mindmixer.com/ . The discussion board will be available starting June 1st, 2014.

    You can submit your comments on the proposed project via:
    •The Discussion Board on http://blackcanyon.mindmixer.com/
    •You may submit your comments electronically by emailing them to: blm_az_blackcanyon@blm.gov
    •You may mail your comments to: BLM Hassayampa Field Office, ATTN: Victor Vizcaino, Black Canyon, 21605 North 7th Avenue, Phoenix, Arizona 85027.
    •You may fax your comments to: Victor Vizcaino at 623-580-5580.
    •Before including your address, phone number, email address, or other personal identifying information in your comment, you should be aware that your entire comment - including your personal identifying information - may be made publicly available at any time. While you can ask us in your comment to withhold your personal identifying information from public review, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to do so.

    If you have any question about this project, please contact Victor Vizcaino, BLM Hassayampa Field Office Recreation Technician at 623-580-5520, vvizcaino@blm.gov, or Tom Bickauskas, BLM Hassayampa Field Office Travel Management Coordinator at 623-580-5502, tbickaus@blm.gov .

    Name:  Black Canyon TMP Starting Map 1.JPG
Views: 543
Size:  86.2 KBName:  Black Canyon TMP Starting Map 2.JPG
Views: 545
Size:  81.4 KB
    Hey chris just wandering if ur going too be attending the metting tomarrow lmk thanks

    Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Buckeye, Az.
    Posts
    7,974

    Re: Announcement of public scoping meetings for BLM's Black Canyon Recreation and Tra

    I'm not going to be able to make it to this meeting. I was hoping to be able to change my schedule but can't. I hope there's a good showing of people for our interests.
    Non-College Educated Working Class White Deplorable....

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Moon Valley
    Posts
    2,084

    Re: Announcement of public scoping meetings for BLM's Black Canyon Recreation and Tra

    I'll be there.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    glendale
    Posts
    665

    Re: Announcement of public scoping meetings for BLM's Black Canyon Recreation and Tra

    I think i will go also

    Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. BLM Table Mesa Recreation Plan public meetings
    By sjkimmel99 in forum Land Use
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-18-2008, 03:48 PM
  2. Travel Management Rule Public Meetings
    By My Green Jeep in forum Land Use
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-17-2007, 08:23 PM
  3. Public input sought on wildlife, recreation plans
    By OlneyJeeps in forum Land Use
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-29-2007, 12:52 AM
  4. More Scoping Meetings... Mototrax
    By Sandee McCullen in forum Land Use
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-07-2006, 08:58 PM
  5. Black Canyon Trail Scoping Meeting 3/3/04
    By Hackle in forum Land Use
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-20-2004, 02:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •