Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement of public scoping meetings for BLM's Black Canyon Recreation and Travel

Re: Announcement of public scoping meetings for BLM's Black Canyon Recreation and Tra

Chris ill try too be in attendance one the tenth. Might be late. But i wanna be their . Ill be in contact

Re: Announcement of public scoping meetings for BLM's Black Canyon Recreation and Tra

Quote Originally Posted by mingoglia View Post
    Is it beneficial to go to all the meetings, or just one? This time around my time is a lot more flexible than the past. Just know when you see my Prius in the parking lot to not park on top of it as it's not a Sierra Club member showing up.

I typically stay pretty quiet in the meetings as I'm pretty jaded about the whole experience and figure my keeping shut up is better for the cause. I can though fill out comment cards after being very selective of what I want to say.

The obvious answer is the more red shirts they see at each meeting the better. However knowing everyone is busy as all get out, and the first meeting is not close to us down here, if you can make any of the three it is helpful.
    Chris
    4 Angry Squirrels

My1stJeep@excite.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    4 Bangers Rule

Well dang this is going to totally suck, was not thinking when this came up, that night is daughters birthday (June 12) and my wife is out of town for work next week. Taking the kids up to Mayer is not going to happen on June 10, might see if I can find a sitter. This just stinks!!!!
    Chris
    4 Angry Squirrels

My1stJeep@excite.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    4 Bangers Rule

Quote Originally Posted by My1stJeep View Post
    The obvious answer is the more red shirts they see at each meeting the better. However knowing everyone is busy as all get out, and the first meeting is not close to us down here, if you can make any of the three it is helpful.
    What if I only have red pants?
    Quote Originally Posted by djui5 View Post
    I'm an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Green Jeep View Post
    I have no clue...

I'm there on the 12th, cleared it with my work already.
    51cj3a, TBI 4.3L, AX-15, D300 4:1, Locked D44's, Sprung-over on 36x13.50 Bias Iroks, 101.5" wheelbase.

In in on the 12th. I will be return from InfoComm in Vegas that day so 6PM shouldn't be a problem for me. It will be my first BLM land meeting so I will come with ears open and an advocate to keeping our lands open.

Ask questions if you get the chance. Voice your opinions but do it politely. I have a different philosophy than others; you need some rowdy ones in order to draw attention to the polite ones. I believe at every meeting when they introduce themselves and say "the BLM is second only to the IRS in generating revenue for the .gov" someone should ask why money is not being spent to manage trails and keep them open. When someone asks that right away they stumble because their answer is always "lack of funding".

I'm going to try to make the meetings as well.
    Non-College Educated Working Class White Deplorable....

So is showing up in red shirts still the gameplan? I thought I heard something back in the day that it was having a negative affect but don't remember the specifics. If we're looking for an army of red though I'll be sure to pack the right clothes on Thursday
    I'ma cookin' somethin' up!

Quote Originally Posted by TanTJJim View Post
    So is showing up in red shirts still the gameplan? I thought I heard something back in the day that it was having a negative affect but don't remember the specifics. If we're looking for an army of red though I'll be sure to pack the right clothes on Thursday
    There were a couple of OHV folks that thought red was a color of anger and therefore in their opinion they felt wearing them was an issue.

We have talked to the groups we meet with and they have no negative comments about them, in fact they like the red as it stands out and they know we are OHV folks.

The folks that want to close trails tent to wear green, tan, white, in order to stand out red makes the most sense.
    Chris
    4 Angry Squirrels

My1stJeep@excite.com

4 Bangers Rule

There were a couple of OHV folks that thought red was a color of anger and therefore in their opinion they felt wearing them was an issue.
    We have talked to the groups we meet with and they have no negative comments about them, in fact they like the red as it stands out and they know we are OHV folks.
    The folks that want to close trails tent to wear green, tan, white, in order to stand out red makes the most sense.
    Dang, gonna have to buy a shirt. Just asked my fashion consultant and she said the one I picked out was "kinda salmon".
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience more often than not comes from bad judgement.

I can get red tshirts made that say AZVJC with Aribelins color triangle logo on the front left breast, and big white AZVJC letters on the back. I had them made for a different land use meeting and the vendor still has it set up to print as needed. If anybody wants these, I can get them for $20 each I think.

Keyboard Cowboy
    '93 YJ, 4.0, NV4500, Atlas, 35s
    '17 WK2, 5.7, ZF8HP70, NV245, 31s

Thanks for the info Chris, I thought I remember hearing something along those lines.

And thanks for the info Scott, if I ever need a new one I'll get a hold of you.
    I'ma cookin' somethin' up!

Quote Originally Posted by TreeKiller View Post
    I can get red tshirts made that say AZVJC with Aribelins color triangle logo on the front left breast, and big white AZVJC letters on the back. I had them made for a different land use meeting and the vendor still has it set up to print as needed. If anybody wants these, I can get them for $20 each I think.

Keyboard Cowboy
    Sorry, I don't have breasts..... hell, I aint fooling' anyone.
    I'm an idiot.
    I have no clue...

So I shouldn't wear my Prius shirt in the same mint green color has my Prius?
    I'm an idiot.
    I have no clue...

Quote Originally Posted by mingoglia View Post
    So I shouldn't wear my Prius shirt in the same mint green color has my Prius?
    I've been bouncing back and forth between two threads... should we get some Rainbow Wheelers shirts made up?

There would be no end of the fabulous trails we could get opened with a little help from Chili's crew.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience more often than not comes from bad judgement.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information