Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pulled the trigger...

Pulled the trigger...

For the last several years I've been torturing salesmen at Harley shops around the valley. We were looking to kill some time the other day and stopped in at Arrowhead Harley. I was having a great time again and then turned the ignition on this 09 Ultra Classic and saw it had less than 8K miles on it. So, after a few hours of negotiating (showing them what I can buy one for on CL) we made a deal.

Name:  New Bike_1.JPG
Views: 217
Size:  117.5 KB

Name:  New Bike_2.JPG
Views: 581
Size:  127.5 KB

Name:  New Bike_3.JPG
Views: 212
Size:  125.5 KB

It's a very different feel riding this bike as opposed to the Yamaharley. I removed everything from the front of the roadstar (windshield, blinkers, passing lights, crash bar, etc) to get that open feel going down the road. I can't remove the fairing on this one so I'll have to get used to it. I do plan to remove the lowers and install a kit to make the trunk removable.

Looks like no RZR or dirt bike for me for few years..

I now have a very decent 2000 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 for sale (50K Mi) if you know anyone looking for a nice bike. I still have the parts I removed along with brand new saddlebags (haven't even bought them yet!) and a highway bag for the rear. I paid 2500.00 for a three year warranty (tires and rims included) for the Harley so I'd like to get that at least. These bikes have a chronic issue with speedometer and gas gauges not working. I was going to order the parts and fix it but others (roadstarclinic.com) say the new parts do the same thing. I've ridden for 6 years without them using the trip meter for fuel mileage and who needs a speedometer?
    Non-College Educated Working Class White Deplorable....

Re: Pulled the trigger...

Nice Doug! Can't wait to see that thing on the CK trail

Scott
    '93 YJ, 4.0, NV4500, Atlas, 35s
    '17 WK2, 5.7, ZF8HP70, NV245, 31s

Thanks, Scott.
    It's going to be a few months before I tackle sand washes and steep dirt climbs.

I'll start practicing the wheelies next week after I'm sure the insurance has kicked in!

Pulled the trigger...

Congrats and a nice looking scoot! I'm almost always up for a putt. Let me know when you are comfortable putting on some miles. Getting ready to decommission the RoadKing, for a bit. (Installing a Baker DD6, a gear drive and new cams). That said, I can roll local miles on the Panhead or Piglet.
    yah, Huck you newbie, Rubicon drivin', mall Cruisin', bling-bling, bolt-on, got no drivin skillz, drove thru a AutoZone with a crap magnet attached, H2 wannabe, poseur! Pay attention!
    If you would pry your sorry arse out the Scottsdale Fashion Square once in a while you would know more about the BLM and the USFS (you do know those acronyms, right?).

I've been riding daily getting used the new feel. The Roadstar is heavier (or feels like it) so I keep turning too tight going to the left and getting a little shaky. The wife wants me to have a hundred miles on it before she gets on the back.

I'm going to the Joan Jett/Lynard Skynard concert friday night and then returning for ZZ top on saturday night at west world. I may have to ride the roadstar again if I haven't met the 100 mile requirement. I'm okay with that, though. I already miss the open feeling.

I'll let you know when we plan a ride up to the roadrunner and then down 7th street.

Just in time for Bike Week... !

Congrats my friend.

love it, nice bike!
    Eric - *2004 Wrangler TJ, Coilovers, 2 Speed Atlas, 37" Pitbull Rockers
    *'08 Silver Rubicon JKU 2.5" lift, 5.13's and 35's

congrats on the new buy man, i knew you were looking from the motorcycle show, they sell kits to run the wiring differently, but still a bit of a headache. I personally liked the old 94 I had for awhile, much like riding a Star Wars space ship thing I'd imagine...
    Total Price of having a badass Jeep: Priceless, some things money can't buy, for everything else your wife will get pissed about…

About ****ing time my friend!

That is sweet!

Now, I will let you know when I can get down there on mine and you should come this way too!
    My name is Daniel. I pretty much STILL do what I want.

Oh, just so you know, I understand the excitement of getting a man bike, but so excited your camera was upside down???

LOL!

Where you riding this Sunday when I saw you? All those street bikes look the same to me.

I too have been hassling the local dealers and will likely have something within the next few months.
    Quote Originally Posted by djui5 View Post
    I'm an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Green Jeep View Post
    I have no clue...

Quote Originally Posted by UBERK View Post
    Just in time for Bike Week... !
    Now if I can get comfortable on it before Friday! I may ride the Yamaha this weekend, we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaJeeper View Post
    Congrats my friend.
    Thanks John.

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix311 View Post
    love it, nice bike!
    Thanks. It's certainly nicer than the other one. I rarely gave the yamaha a good cleaning. It was more of my "rat" bike that I just hosed off and rode. This thing is loaded with chrome so I see entire afternoons spent on washing and shining it.

Quote Originally Posted by wj_brillo View Post
    congrats on the new buy man, i knew you were looking from the motorcycle show, they sell kits to run the wiring differently, but still a bit of a headache. I personally liked the old 94 I had for awhile, much like riding a Star Wars space ship thing I'd imagine...
    The secret weapon for me was utilizing the last day of the month. They really wanted to sell it in March. Good luck with your search. The sales staff at Arrowhead was very good and courteous. The finance guy kind of got chitty when I refused to pay sticker and explained that I know what dealer points are and I was not paying more than . But I expected that so I don't blame him for it. All in all it was a good experience. I did the "walk away" thing but told them I was going across the road to Hooters to talk about it. They called to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by ZJROCKRIG View Post
    Oh, just so you know, I understand the excitement of getting a man bike, but so excited your camera was upside down???

LOL!
    Pictures are fine for me on the PC. Are you viewing with a phone or something? They did show up upside down when I tried to put them on facebook so I didn't.
    The Yamaha actually has a bigger motor and is heavier so I'll never refer to it as the lesser bike. I just finally got sucked (voluntarily) into the "name" of Harley Davidson.
    Let me know when you're coming this way. I'm thinking of doing the Million Dollar Highway in september.

Quote Originally Posted by ehall View Post
    Where you riding this Sunday when I saw you? All those street bikes look the same to me.
    No, that was the Yamaha...the black one was mine. LOL. Bought this one on Monday. This one currently has a picture of the bill of rights in the windshield. Kind of cool but I'm not sure I'll keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by mingoglia View Post
    I too have been hassling the local dealers and will likely have something within the next few months.
    It's a lot of fun to hassle them. Sooner or later you'll walk into the bike you want. In my case, I knew it was not going to be a soft tail and I knew I didn't want brand new. So finding this one with so few miles was perfect. I do feel like an old man on a touring bike, though. Can't wait to remove that trunk for riding around town.

Wow weird! Yep on my iPhone they are in the post just like normal, but upside down???

Million Dollar highway and doing the loop through Ridgeway, to Telluride, back through Rico, Dolores, back to Durango is awesome!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information