Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adventures in the rugged Four Peaks snowy mountain desert of Arizona

Adventures in the rugged Four Peaks snowy mountain desert of Arizona

Once again Arizona and her fine 4x4 community welcomed me for another year without hesitation, and of being from the Colorado High Altitude area of the Anaszi Homeland Mesa's and dormant volcano region of the Rocky's, I was afforded another succesful trip on your fine trails making new friends, and catching up with old.

The day started as usual, usual meaning no matter how damn hard I try, I seem to always be late! I mean this was my own run I posted up and everybody was waiting on me. After running up the speed limiter on Hwy 87 up on the new Power Wagon trying to save a few minutes, I showed up to my own party 20 minutes later than planned. After introductions were presented and me apologizing profusly, Will E stated we should probably get moving as he was right, because traffic seemed to start showing up everywhere.

The crew for today consisted of Michele (4wheelinhawkeye), John (Brodie3AZ), Mr. Witness Protection Member (Will E), along with myself, the Rock Monster hunting puppers, and Carol (Mountain Woman).

Photo bombing is prevailant in many of my pictures. This is a rare glimpse of a famous Rock Monster Hunter's own reflection. Notice the keen sense to use mirrors to not only look ahead, but to look behind, and and the same time!!!

I just love the desert scenery. I think I like it because you can see if anybody is sneaking up on you.

A touch of Fall colors.

Our destination lies 18 miles up ahead on this scenic dirt road.

I am sorry, I have to intterupt this awesome tall tail of a day for this important announcment:

This is how awesome a man truck is. Yes a Power Wagon is a man (ok WO-man too) truck. Lookie here, you can charge you camera battery ON THE TRAIL with this handy dandy built in inverter when your a super dork and forget to charge it before hand...

And when you drive a man truck like this, you become, well a man! You can be super cool like me! And laugh off the dork factor because you forgot to charge the @%$# batteries!

OK, back to cool trail stuff. Here we made it to the saddle hiking trail parking lot where about a b***illion other cars were parked. I will explain this picture, you see the woman on the left, that is Mountain Woman. She does not want her picture taken unless she is ready. The other woman, next to the white Jeep, well she is streching out her stretchy pants. See she had to drive through a mud puddle and if you know her, she hates mud. This bunches up her strechy pants. The next one is Will E. You see, I believe he is loading a gun, just because it's AZ and when you stand taller than a lifted Cherokee Chief on 35's, well you can do what you want. And then John on the right. John is full of knowledgable information about everything, so John can do what he wants also.

The fearless Will E knows this wonderful hiking trail that he could sleep walk it. And yes, we ran into all kinds for snow patches here. Here the Rock Monster eating puppers are following him and have his 6 o'clock.

My name is Daniel. I pretty much do what I want.

Re: Adventures in the rugged Four Peaks snowy mountain desert of Arizona

This is what wemins look like when they first start a hike, fresh, happy, full of energy....

Then they look like this:

After you take them 2 miles through this:

But you get them to the top, give them some snacks, and we all look like this!

The puppers love love love the snow. They also got mudddddyyyy. Then try to get them to sit still in a brand new truck, oh joy!

Does all the rocks on this trail look like a butt crack or is it just me???

Mushroom Rock??

The girls called this the "Library"

Look at this Rock monster I found camoflauged with its surroundings!

Time to call in the Rock Monster Hunters!

It's almost midnight, and I got a long day in the zero degree snowy weather tomarrow in the oil field. So I leave you with random pics of beauty from your wonderful state!

Oh and of course the best for last. This truck is so mind blowing that women swoon over its muscular build, it's smooth freshly waxed exterior, the 3rd gear rumble of the redline, the ram box storage containment system that houses a CO2 tank because SOMEBODY does not have one yet....

Oh and if someone calls your Truck a Power Ranger, well can you blame them? I mean it does make one swoon....

Good night all. Hope you got and laughed a little at my sarcastic humor.

Funny!
    2005 Rubicon, 5.5" RK Long Arm, 5:13's, Chromemoly axles, Genright Sliders, 35" KM2's ,CB, Sport Cage, winch.

Great write up Dan. I had a great time. I knew the top was just around the corner after one last scramble...

And that car freshner 'Black ice'. That's for a MAN baby.
    82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/custom bumpers and roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/CB/dual batts/custom TC skid plate

Nice pics! (nice truck)
    Last edited by Mikeazona; 12-05-2013 at 03:49 AM. Reason: nice truck too
    Hi! My name is Rich and I'm a Jeepaholic.

Quote Originally Posted by ZJROCKRIG View Post
    Once again Arizona and her fine 4x4 community welcomed me for another year without hesitation, and of being from the Colorado High Altitude area of the Anaszi Homeland Mesa's and dormant volcano region of the Rocky's, I was afforded another succesful trip on your fine trails making new friends, and catching up with old.

The day started as usual, usual meaning no matter how damn hard I try, I seem to always be late! I mean this was my own run I posted up and everybody was waiting on me. After running up the speed limiter on Hwy 87 up on the new Power Wagon trying to save a few minutes, I showed up to my own party 20 minutes later than planned. After introductions were presented and me apologizing profusly, Will E stated we should probably get moving as he was right, because traffic seemed to start showing up everywhere.

The crew for today consisted of Michele (4wheelinhawkeye), John (Brodie3AZ), Mr. Witness Protection Member (Will E), along with myself, the Rock Monster hunting puppers, and Carol (Mountain Woman).

The scenery looks familiar, but the vehicles are RHD? Australian? Brit?

No, seriously - great job. Nice run, great pix! And a built-in inverter; that's some serious man-cred. Like a spike collar on a pit bull.

Enjoy working the oil patch!
    Try the new marriage simulator before you plan your next wedding: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqAUmgE3WyM

Quote Originally Posted by mikeazona View Post
    nice pics! (nice truck)
    x2!
    '90 Grand Wag FSJ

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Ed View Post
    Ha I was wondering who would notice. That was a shot from my mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Ed View Post

No, seriously - great job. Nice run, great pix! And a built-in inverter; that's some serious man-cred. Like a spike collar on a pit bull.

Enjoy working the oil patch!
    Ha, my first thought was, "I could swear Mike's antenna is on the drivers side..." and then I noticed the drivers

Quote Originally Posted by ZJROCKRIG View Post
    Ha I was wondering who would notice. That was a shot from my mirror.
    And I thought you put your memory card in backwards.
    Try the new marriage simulator before you plan your next wedding: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqAUmgE3WyM

Great pics and write up.

Thanks for sharing.
    04 Rubicon w/a 3" Zone Suspension System, 1.25" Body Lift, w/new shocks/stabilizer, 1" Brown Dog Motor Mount Lift, JKS Track Bar and Disconnects, Cobra 25 NW LTD Classic w/4ft Firestik, with a Undercover Fab Skid on 33" MT/R's

great pics. i love it up there.
    Barry
    Wheel it while ya can

Wow! I thought three of us suddenly had extra vehicles!

Great pictures Daniel! Enjoyed meeting you Carol, Michele and Bill.

Maybe you can stay longer next time so's You can do more adventuring in this area.

Good to hear you made it safely back to Durango.

Nice pics Daniel ! Love the commentary ! Just glad there are no pics of the trek back down on the snow/ice. LOL !
    I too, wish you and Carol could stay longer. Hopefully see you two this summer.
    Thanks for taking us on the hike Will (Will... lol..) ! Didnt know about that trail. Now I have a new one on the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erich View Post
    I swear it has nothing to do with masculinity. I gave up caring about that stuff years ago. I have a small penis, and that's ok. Anyways it's about effectiveness to me. I have large hands. .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information