Thread: Looking at potential home for one of our dogs

Looking at potential home for one of our dogs

I am not sure at this point what else to do short of putting him down.

Here is the scenario that is playing out, he is getting jealous of any attention given to his sister and goes after her. He has drawn blood on her twice that we know of, he used to growl harshly when he was done playing and she responded, lately different things seem to set him off towards his sister, so I really think an only dog situation would be a must as well adults. He has not gone after any people, not even growled at them, and still lets anyone take his bowl from him while feeding, but I don't want our small kids caught in the middle when out to play with him. I wish I could be more assuring and all, but if we do decide to let him go and someone decides to take him you will be accepting responsibility. Of course I would be happy to have you meet him first, he has been so loving and a good dog, I am just beside myself as type this.

He is 8 years old, Black lab/ we think healer or border collie / possible pit bull mix. He is about 55lbs, been an outdoor dog mostly.

I will post some pictures later.

Thanks for considering this opportunity.
    Chris
    4 Angry Squirrels

My1stJeep@excite.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    4 Bangers Rule

Re: Looking at potential home for one of our dogs

You'll find a home for him, don't put him down!

I will spread the word in my rescue circle, post a pic when you can.

Sent from my iFone
    Get Down With the Sickness!

Tough thing to do, but I would be doing the same in your shoes. Find a home that is more appropriate for him.
    2000 XJ Sport

sounds like he should be fine in an only dog household.....

I think some training would do wonders. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but you need to be the big dog, so yes, I'm suggesting a little training for you.
    I hear so many time that female dogs don't get along in a house hold, even the shows on TV like pitbulls and parolees, comment on female dog behavior. I've always had female dogs only, have 5 now, no problems ever, but they do understand I'm the big dog, the leader of the pack.
    You have a male and female dog, and the male is getting older, in his mind he worries about the possibility of losing rank in your pack because of his age. Seniority privileges are a big deal to pack animals, he should be fed first, get greetings first, treats first, and so on. This will help him secure his place in the pack.
    Hope this helps.
    A gold miner is just a liar standing next to a hole in the ground.
    RIP Digger B. Trouble, Rilee the Weed and Kodiak Kid

Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    I think some training would do wonders. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but you need to be the big dog, so yes, I'm suggesting a little training for you.
    I hear so many time that female dogs don't get along in a house hold, even the shows on TV like pitbulls and parolees, comment on female dog behavior. I've always had female dogs only, have 5 now, no problems ever, but they do understand I'm the big dog, the leader of the pack.
    You have a male and female dog, and the male is getting older, in his mind he worries about the possibility of losing rank in your pack because of his age. Seniority privileges are a big deal to pack animals, he should be fed first, get greetings first, treats first, and so on. This will help him secure his place in the pack.
    Hope this helps.

This, Chris. The problem is not the dog, the problem is the dog handling.

My dos pesos.
    "if they are like LoPhat, then their heads are stuck so far up their rear they have re-emerged as a head."

Thread Information