Page 5 of 328 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your Jeep today?

Re: What have you done to your Jeep today?

Finished the cage yesterday, rear and front view cameras, and rewired the CB.
    07 JKU, Teraflex Dana 60 Front/ 14 Bolt Rear, ARBs, 40" MT/R-Ks, Antirock, Teraflex Long Arm, 5 screaming children, 430hp LS3 Engine swap completed. ENGINE SWAP THREAD LINK HERE Cage, Coilovers, and 14 Bolt swap NEW FULL CAGE, THIRD ROW, COILOVERS, 14 BOLT SWAP THREAD HERE

I didn't do it today but yesterday i installed some lights on my bumper and got em all wired up

Picked up a Rugged Ridge RRC bumper off of Craigslist (paint was in pretty rough shape when i got it)
    Name:  IMG_2393.JPG
Views: 299
Size:  47.1 KB

Got a couple D-Rings to go on it
    Name:  IMG_2395.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  231.9 KB

Used some self etching primer and Rustoleum Spray on bed liner and made it look good.
    Name:  IMG_2397.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  219.3 KB

Mounted it up and rewired my KC's using some 10GA wire hooked up to a relay (super bright now) Looks Great!
    Name:  IMG_2400.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  221.1 KB

Finally got the Dana 300 flipped and installed with twin stick cable shifters.

Monday evening. I spent about 45 minutes on the jeep. I had hope in my heart that replacing the standard allen head bolts with some flat top allen head bolts would allow the shifters to clear the new transfer case. I had spent a considerable amount of time measuring, checking and testing the fit only to find out the heads of the bolts just hit the transfer case. SUCCESS!

So it ain't pretty (yet):

That's the front/rear high/N/low shifters. I really really wanted to get them close to me. Not so close I could knock them by accident. But not so far away I couldn't easily reach them. It's hard to tell since the seat isn't in place but I think I got them in as good a place as possible.

Not as much luck for the planetary shifter. you can see the hole on the other side of the transmisson cover. That's where it will go. But I will be less likely to need to shift that in a 'tight' situation.

But the jeep is a total mess:

I have the seats out, the vinyl flooring pulled up, the trans plate removed and wires everywhere. I am going to take advantage of the situation and move the ARB switches to within arms reach as well.
    82 Cherokee WT SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/custom bumpers and roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/CB/dual batts/custom TC skid plate

Quote Originally Posted by Will E View Post
    Monday evening. I spent about 45 minutes on the jeep. I had hope in my heart that replacing the standard allen head bolts with some flat top allen head bolts would allow the shifters to clear the new transfer case. I had spent a considerable amount of time measuring, checking and testing the fit only to find out the heads of the bolts just hit the transfer case. SUCCESS!

So it ain't pretty (yet):

That's the front/rear high/N/low shifters. I really really wanted to get them close to me. Not so close I could knock them by accident. But not so far away I couldn't easily reach them. It's hard to tell since the seat isn't in place but I think I got them in as good a place as possible.

Not as much luck for the planetary shifter. you can see the hole on the other side of the transmisson cover. That's where it will go. But I will be less likely to need to shift that in a 'tight' situation.

But the jeep is a total mess:

I have the seats out, the vinyl flooring pulled up, the trans plate removed and wires everywhere. I am going to take advantage of the situation and move the ARB switches to within arms reach as well.
    Wow! Sounds like your plan came together nicely! . Which Jeep is this? The Cherokee Chief we wheeled with on the Coke ovens?

Quote Originally Posted by timgtndrty View Post
    Wow! Sounds like your plan came together nicely! . Which Jeep is this? The Cherokee Chief we wheeled with on the Coke ovens?
    HA! The plan was to have this done in a weekend or two... How hard can it be? Just unbolt the old TC, bolt in the new one, cut a few holes for cable shifters, get the drive shafts resized. But adding big/complicated stuff to things it wasn't designed for turns out to be a bit of a bear.

And yep, it's the Cherokee we took to the coke ovens.

While I have the vinyl flooring pulled up I am going to see if I can clean up those wires a little. I found a couple of sets I think were the previous owners intention to use for speakers. I am also going to run a big (fused) wire to the center console. I can take the smaller switched power I now use for the CB and have it control a relay. So I will have both switched and unswitched power. I can add a cig lighter/usb port for charging stuff, the CB, a light inside the console and another outside, the arb switches and who knows, maybe permanently mount the power converter and a disco ball.
    82 Cherokee WT SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/custom bumpers and roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/CB/dual batts/custom TC skid plate

Read all these posts

Quote Originally Posted by black11jk View Post
    I've looked at mine on the internet from thousands of miles away!!!! Does this count as doing something?
    Definitely, it's all about a plan coming together.

Quote Originally Posted by aheath4 View Post
    Thinking it was the shocks that made my cj7 ride like a lumber wagon, installed Ranchos front and rear. What a difference! Now it rides like a lumber wagon with brand new shocks
    Now that's funny right there.

Quote Originally Posted by badfish2 View Post
    Checked the oil
    There ain't nothing wrong with that, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith B. View Post
    Finished the cage yesterday, rear and front view cameras, and rewired the CB.
    Pics?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Frazier View Post
    I didn't do it today but yesterday i installed some lights on my bumper and got em all wired up
    Pics?
    http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4721&dateline=1301279  261

Came home tuesday night after work. Installed the other shifter.

I am getting excited, I am over the hump of how and moving onto putting it together and putting the jeep back together again.

Started replacing the fried battery cable that almost cooked my jeep.

saundered by and gave the rumpled up ole junk pile a rub, took a long hard look at the work I need to finish, and decided a latte was in order. maybe tomorrow.
    hheehee

Quote Originally Posted by badfish2 View Post
    Checked the oil

Tonight, installing a new winch solenoid box and hard wiring a dash mounted control panel for it, then finishing up my lighting wire job for my side firing LEDs, rear firing LED and interior LED lighting.
    '93 YJ, 4.0, NV4500, Atlas, 35s
    '17 WK2, 5.7, ZF8HP70, NV245, 31s

Finally got the mount to install my CB antenna. A little Dremel tool action and the wiring looks almost factory now.

Installed a graphic kit....

Page 5 of 328 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread Information