Page 4 of 323 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your Jeep today?

Re: What have you done to your Jeep today?

Tossed my new Spiderweb Shade on.
    Aaron 2008 White Unlimited Rubicon

All right, heading out into the garage to fight the good fight. Great day to work on the rig.. better day to go wheel'n
    82 Cherokee WT SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/custom bumpers and roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/CB/dual batts/custom TC skid plate

Quote Originally Posted by rinkrat76 View Post
    You're going to have to get a new license plate: STUMPLR

I did zoom in to show that yours really says: STOMP3R, but it looked like: STUMP3R.

On another note...how's your dad doing?
    http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=10100&dateline=1356046401 $350 generated for the AZOHVC from the sale of these decals so far. ($5/pair is donated)

In preparation for the six wheelin' trips I have planned for November, I pulled both skid plates and dropped both double cardan drivelines to grease them. General inspection and greased the Ballistic Joints. Installed a new limit strap while I was under there as well. Made a larger cutout in the front skid for driveline clearance and cleaned up and painted my front Woody where it rubbed under flex too.
    http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=10100&dateline=1356046401 $350 generated for the AZOHVC from the sale of these decals so far. ($5/pair is donated)

Quote Originally Posted by aribelin View Post
    You're going to have to get a new license plate: STUMPLR

I did zoom in to show that yours really says: STOMP3R, but it looked like: STUMP3R.

On another note...how's your dad doing?
    That's awesome! Thanks for asking my dad is doing great he gave us a scare that's for sure.

Finished the install of the rebuilt transmission. Did a road test (all is good), now tomorrow have to go to emissions for the 4th time to pass the pressure test.

Put it on the trailer.
    Last edited by johnstd; 10-29-2013 at 08:12 AM.

Finally got the new transfer case in place:

Yeah, the rest of the jeeps isn't clean and pretty but keep in mind, it's over 30 years old. Ronald Reagan was early in his first term, MTV had just launched and you could still buy 8 track tapes.
    82 Cherokee WT SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/custom bumpers and roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/CB/dual batts/custom TC skid plate

Scottsdale --> Fayetteville, AR --> Scottsdale

Removed the stock side steps (before they were torn off on the trails) on the 2012 JKU and replaced with Poison Spyder Rock Brawlers. Love the rock rails, hate the nut-inserts needed to install. Name:  photo (38).JPG
Views: 351
Size:  81.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by MrBreeze View Post
    Removed the stock side steps (before they were torn off on the trails) on the 2012 JKU and replaced with Poison Spyder Rock Brawlers. Love the rock rails, hate the nut-inserts needed to install. Name:  photo (38).JPG
Views: 351
Size:  81.3 KB

WOW, those look totally functional (and nice to look at).

Today: Rigid Dually floods with amber covers on KC windshield mounts -

Tomorrow: Daystar lower switch panel with lighted and labeled switches to clean up my light switches (far left is a dummy for now but selected for the benefit of my zombie hunting son) -

Quote Originally Posted by eticket View Post
    Today: Rigid Dually floods with amber covers on KC windshield mounts -

Tomorrow: Daystar lower switch panel with lighted and labeled switches to clean up my light switches (far left is a dummy for now but selected for the benefit of my zombie hunting son) -

Very nice !! Does the day star lower install in front of the shift lever and center console ? Or somewhere else ?

Uniquely crafted from my fat fingers.
    Craigslisticon

Quote Originally Posted by Geeepin View Post
    Very nice !! Does the day star lower install in front of the shift lever and center console ? Or somewhere else ?

Uniquely crafted from my fat fingers.
    Yup, sits low on the console in front of the shifter...only fits an auto and is pretty tight so should be fun to jam it in there. Oh, and thanks for the inspiration for my Rigids...had to have them after I ran behind you on the Spooky run! I also learned about the importance of amber light that night while I was eating some serious dust, this way I have the option if needed.

Spent the day in the garage. Mocked up the shifters for the new transfer case, discovered that lo and neutral worked fine but can't get to high range because the bolt on the end of the lever hits the transfer case itself. I might shift the assemblyh forward but I am also going to see if a flatter headed bolt will clear.

Trailed it to Florence for a pre- Parker shake down run....

Page 4 of 323 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread Information