Page 1 of 317 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your Jeep today?

Question What have you done to your Jeep today?

Hey there,

So, I have seen this on other boards and some attempts on here but I think the Syrians ruined it LOL

So the question is; What have you done to your Jeep today?

Ill start,

I finished up putting some 2013 JKUR front springs on my 2012 JKU sport. I had the spring #16 up front and swapped them for #18's I gained about 1.25" Super stoked about this upgrade for 50$ worth of springs, 2 beers to a buddy and about 1.5 hours in the driveway! " A spring compressor with an air ratchet made this process so much easier"

As you can see in the picture "before" I only had about 1" before my bump stop started touching. With the BB and the added weight of a steel bumper I was basically resting on my bump stops. Now with the new springs that are slightly taller and stiffer, I have at least 2" before my bump stop touches now.
    Amazing what an Inch will do

Anyway, I look forward to what people post! Go ahead, what have you done to your Jeep today?

Before, You should be able to see that my bump stop is nearly resting on the axel when its parked.

Name:  photo 1.JPG
Views: 3964
Size:  35.7 KB

After, feels like 5" of gain here but its more like 1.5"

Name:  photo 2.JPG
Views: 3918
Size:  28.4 KB

Re: What have you done to your Jeep today?

Okay, here’s what I did. But to be precise, it was actually done yesterday, not today. 

Finally armored the front LCA mounts with JKS skids. These things get beat if you’re a crappy driver like me:

K7ARB

Quote Originally Posted by Geeepin View Post
    Amazing what an Inch will do
    Michele, is this true?

Hydro assist on Betty is the most recent thing i've done to my Jeep.
    Eric - *'92 White YJ, 4.5" custom Deaver springs, 35" MTRs, Tera-Low 4:1, Hydro Assist, CAI, Rear 8.8, Chromo D30, 4.88s, locked front/rear, full cage, tube fenders.
    *'08 Silver Rubicon JKU 2.5" lift, 5.13's and 35's

I am in the middle of a swap from a np208 to an Atlas 4spd. I got pretty close on Sunday but ran out of daylight. It's sitting up high on a transmission jack just an inch or so too short. (So yes, an inch does make a difference).
    If I get off a little early from work I will let the air out of the tires, that should clear enough to get it put on. Do some measuring for drive shafts (rear shorter/front longer). Hope that my transmission brace clears. Install the shifters, get the exhaust fixed and I am good to go... Looking forward to getting it back out on the trails now that the weather is nicer.
    Last edited by Will E; 10-22-2013 at 11:48 AM.
    82 Cherokee WT SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/custom bumpers and roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/CB/dual batts/custom TC skid plate

Installed a set of new leaf springs on the front end and built a little radiator overflow bottle over the weekend. Then dropped it off at Letzroll yesterday where the hydro-assist was pulled (in prep for full hydro). And in prep for some new tubework, the old 'boner bar' bumper and inner fender skirts were removed, plus a few new holes were drilled by end of day. Can't wait to see it later today/tomorrow...should be taking shape!
    I wear sun visors and drink Budweisers.

I've looked at mine on the internet from thousands of miles away!!!! Does this count as doing something?

Bought 35s last week, putting them on tomorrow. Otherwise, today, I just drove it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    4.0, NV4500, Atlas II, TAD Shafts, 30 spline D30/Trussed & Gusseted, Budget PSC Hydro-Assist/LetzRoll 7075 steering, Currie 9, 4.56s, ARBs, M.O.R.E Shock Towers, 6.125" SUA lift, 35" MTRK, Kilby/York OBA, Warn, Caged, Raven Armor, Fenom Fab Sliders, Geniuine China Bro Bars, Zip Ties, Duct Tape

Finely got rid of the stock tie-rod. Installed a Rusty's heavy duty tie-rod and 22mm tie-rod ends. Nice piece for under $100 that will help til I make the jump to full custom steering.

ChrisName:  IMG142.jpg
Views: 2573
Size:  668.5 KBName:  IMG140.jpg
Views: 2547
Size:  872.3 KBName:  IMG141.jpg
Views: 2576
Size:  840.1 KB
    04 Rubi 4" Fabtech springs, Rokmen J/J S/A, 305/70R16 BFG KM2s, CB, HiLift, KCs...

I washed it yesterday and pulled the harnesses out (tired of them cutting into my back). It has the stock belts and that will do for what I do.

Changed the radiator, all hoses and the thermostat. Blew a four inch crack out the top last night in the way to work. JB welded it back up and drove it home. All is good again.

Got my spouse to take her to the dealership for a oil change ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by ZMBJ33P View Post
    Got my spouse to take her to the dealership for a oil change ;-)
    Ohhh, now thats just gold right there. Well done !

I put a bunch of things in my eBay watch list for my Jeep. Hope some get relisted!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs
    Jason is always a maybe even when he is confirmed!

I just finished installing JKS Quicker Disconnects and a Killby steering skid plate. Install went fairly easy as I sprayed everything with in PB Blaster a few days ago in prep for today. Also straighten out the driver side bumper (Crown King fun) before I could mount the Killby skid plate.

Next on the list, skid plates: oil pan skid, front diff ski-skid, gas tank skid and controller arm skid plates. All are in the mail.
    I've bent metal and have some good scars and scrapes under body, nothing serious yet.... YES, I need a lift, but have not decided exactly what lift I am going to do for this TJ and I don't want to cause any catastrophic damage before I decide on a lift

Get Down With the Sickness!

Page 1 of 317 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread Information