Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Gerry can holder pics...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    2,120

    Gerry can holder pics...

    Had a customer bring me some cool gas and water cans...they only hold 3.25 gallons, but I really liked working with them.







    Last edited by jeepin_in_az; 11-30-2007 at 11:13 AM.
    Mike Baney
    09 Commander - 5.7L Hemi

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    224
    Those turned out really nice. I am glad that I decided to go that way.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    2,120
    Quote Originally Posted by dstryr99
    Those turned out really nice. I am glad that I decided to go that way.
    Thanks Ryan!

    So am I...when are you getting the tanks?
    Mike Baney
    09 Commander - 5.7L Hemi

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    224
    I should probably get on that. Did you ever hear back from the company who makes them on becoming a distributor? Do you need to have the cans to fab up the mounts for me?

    I was hoping to have everything done when I drop off my Jeep to have the mounting bracket for the basket put on. Do you have an ETA on that?

    As long as nobody needs to use it that week, I may be able to leave my Jeep with you during the week of my honeymoon which is April 24 - May 1 or 2nd. That way you will have some time to play with the front rock halo as well.

    let me know what you think,

    Ryan

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    2,120
    Quote Originally Posted by dstryr99
    I should probably get on that. Did you ever hear back from the company who makes them on becoming a distributor? Do you need to have the cans to fab up the mounts for me?

    I was hoping to have everything done when I drop off my Jeep to have the mounting bracket for the basket put on. Do you have an ETA on that?

    As long as nobody needs to use it that week, I may be able to leave my Jeep with you during the week of my honeymoon which is April 24 - May 1 or 2nd. That way you will have some time to play with the front rock halo as well.

    let me know what you think,

    Ryan
    I never heard from them about becoming a distributer...I will call them today. I need atleast one can to do it. I would rather make sure it works as I am making it.

    Basket is pretty much done, and I thought you had ordered the cans, so I was waiting on that so it could all be done at once! As soon as you get a can, I will get you in. The guy that I did this for ordered another red can, and will run both red on the carrier, and slip the water can inside behind the back seat...another option.

    I can keep an eye on your Jeep , as long as you don't mark the milage before you leave ... seriously, if I had a place to keep it inside, I would say go ahead and leave it with me, but I don't want anything happening to it sitting outside. Nothing has happend to any of our houses, but would rather not take the chance....I might be able to store it in one of my neighbors garage though, she has already offered it to me before....I will check.
    Mike Baney
    09 Commander - 5.7L Hemi

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    224
    Sounds good. Let me know what you find out, otherwise I will just order them from here:

    http://www.hondapartsworld.com/index...odID=346&MMP=1

    Are these the same ones. Hope so, because they are a little bit cheaper.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    2,120
    They sure look like it.
    Mike Baney
    09 Commander - 5.7L Hemi

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    82
    The Sportsmans Warehouse on 27th ave. has those. They're with the ATV gear and helmets. I don't know what their price is. I've had a fuel pack and a water pack for about five years now and they've seen many miles on my ATV rack. They have held up very well and never leaked.

    Brad

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    224
    Thanks for the heads up!

    I just gave them a call and they run $79.99 and they have about 12 in stock.

    This ends up to be about the same price after shipping compared to the online store that I listed above.

    The only draw back is that I live in Gilbert, so I will problably spend another $20 in gas in my Jeep going there in back.

    But the guy also told me that they are opening another store on the East side at Greenway and the 60 in June. Don't think that I can wait that long though.

  10. #10
    AZXJ Guest
    Greenway and the 60 ????? or Greenfield and the 60 ???


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Avondale, AZ
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by dstryr99
    Thanks for the heads up!

    I just gave them a call and they run $79.99 and they have about 12 in stock.

    This ends up to be about the same price after shipping compared to the online store that I listed above.

    The only draw back is that I live in Gilbert, so I will problably spend another $20 in gas in my Jeep going there in back.

    But the guy also told me that they are opening another store on the East side at Greenway and the 60 in June. Don't think that I can wait that long though.
    You don't mind spending 80 dollars on a 3 gal. gas can but you are worried about the gas to go git it

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by AZXJ
    Greenway and the 60 ????? or Greenfield and the 60 ???


    Oops, yeah I meant Greenfield.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Found Camera
    By jwohl in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 01-08-2009, 06:03 AM
  2. Yahoo Messages: 90579-90603
    By blooddrive in forum Virtual Jeep Club Email Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-08-2004, 09:40 PM
  3. Yahoo Messages: 89102-89126
    By blooddrive in forum Virtual Jeep Club Email Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-08-2004, 09:15 PM
  4. Yahoo Messages: 20648-20672
    By blooddrive in forum Virtual Jeep Club Email Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-03-2004, 01:43 PM
  5. 2376-2400
    By blooddrive in forum Virtual Jeep Club Email Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-02-2004, 05:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •