Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stolen Jeep! Silver 4 Door Cherokee, oh, and Hi!

Stolen Jeep! Silver 4 Door Cherokee, oh, and Hi!

Hi all! It's been a while sense I have been on here. I left the Jeep world for a while, then I finally got another Jeep, but now I'm back out of the Jeep world due to thiefs!

Well I have had my jeep for just over 4 months now, It was in really good condition for its age and I just got done putting about 1K in parts on the damn thing. I was really looking forward to taking it deer hunting later this year, but someone liked it more than me so they took it from my house while it was sitting in the drive way. . . I'm located just off River and Shannon.

If anyone finds it out on a trail or something please call the police, I had liability only so I'm out all the money. . . Damn Thiefs!

92 Cherokee, Silver,4 Door, 4x4, 5-Speed, Rear window wiper is stuck in the up position, all stock.

Edit:
    The hood has a small rusty bump on it that you can kind of see in the photo.
    License Plate Number: Will get tonight.

Here is an older photo when I first bought it, only thing that has changed are the wheels and tires.

Last edited by Max78; 07-23-2013 at 09:02 AM.

Re: Stolen Jeep! Silver 4 Door Cherokee, oh, and Hi!

That sucks man I will keep an eye out for it.

Sorry for your loss. Keep a watch on craigslist and we'll keep an eye out on the trail.
    Eric - *'92 White YJ, 4.5" custom Deaver springs, 35" MTRs, Tera-Low 4:1, Hydro Assist, CAI, Rear 8.8, Chromo D30, 4.88s, locked front/rear, full cage, tube fenders.
    *'08 Silver Rubicon JKU 2.5" lift, 5.13's and 35's

Damn, that fing sucks.

I'll for sure keep an eye open for it.

Maybe put up the first 3 or last 3 digits of the plate.

Sorry for your loss, other than rear wiper stuck in the up position any other distinguishing characteristics? You know something we could spot while going down the freeway? I hate thieves as much as I do liars! Will keep an eye out on the East side.

Other than the rear window wiper being stuck in the up position its a fairly clean jeep with slightly fading paint, no significant dents scratched or scars. The rear driver side tail light has a little chunk of plastic missing near the bottom of the light. It also has brand new set of Goodyear Wrangler Radial tires that might stand out a little, less than 3k miles on them, also the old Turbine style wheels that I have not seen on any other Jeep yet.

I'll post up the plate number tonight, I don't remember it off the top of my head.

thanks for keeping a look out! I really appreciate it.
    Last edited by Max78; 07-23-2013 at 09:02 AM.

That sucks I will keep an eye out . Hope you find it

Sucks brotha, but my guess is that your Jeep's already in use moving stuff across the border; doubt anyone will see this on the roads. Hate to be a downer, but it's just an ideal vehicle for moving illegal stuff: 4wd and lots of room to carry stuff when the seats are ripped out. I know quite a few people that have had the 4wd SUVs and 4 door trucks stolen from the Tucson area only to be found later stripped and beat to s**t after being run across the desert. Sucky man - really hope I'm wrong, though!

Best of luck!
    David
    Jeepless

In 2000, my wife's Grand Cherokee was stolen in San Diego while we had an infant in the hospital there. Unfortunately, they found it about a week later still in San Diego. It had been wrecked but was not stripped. We had to take it back and our insurance fixed it, we traded it off when we got it back from the body shop.

My dad's Cherokee was stolen here in Phoenix and they also got it back wrecked (the cops were chasing it when it was wrecked). A bunch of minority youth were in it and ran leaving their drugs in the Jeep. Same deal as us...insurance fixed it and my dad traded it in immediately, my mom wouldn't get in it.

So...yours may still be in town, just sayin'.

Funny story about my wife's...she had a CD holder above the visor with a bunch of her music and one CD of mine (Best of Blood, Sweat, and Tears). When it was recovered all hers were gone but the scumbags didn't appreciate great music from the 70's.
    http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=10100&dateline=1356046401 $350 generated for the AZOHVC from the sale of these decals so far. ($5/pair is donated)

that really sucks! sorry to hear the bad news!

for all reading this thread,,,,,, i believe another kill switch class will be thrown in the very near future!
    Im back to the drawing board
    STAY TUNED!

Yea, a kill switch is a great idea. Putting a micro lock on the brakes works very well too.

I have to agree with the post above. That thing is transporting people/drugs across the border as we speak. They'll get two maybe three trips out of it then ditch it. I've had three friends lose their trucks and that's been the case all three times.

I know it's a pain in the arse but I believe in the club on the steering wheel. It's just enough of a deterrent to make them go to the next vehicle.

So...

I have been having vehicle problems like no other!!! My dads Cadillac has the wrong plate and he lost his, and my "project" Camaro is just that, a project car not suitable for every day use. I was despratlly trying to sell all my stuff to buy another vehicle.

Well yesterday I finally got a call from the Sheriff, they found my Jeep!!! Sweet! Well, it looks to be in the same condition as when It was stolen, It is clean as can be. It has been sitting at a retirement community at Magee and La Canada for over a month. . .

They took 3 things though, the faceplate to the radio, not the entire radio, just the faceplate. . . Who does that? My little pocket knife, and the useless kill switch key that was wired in there, I removed the rest of the system and had it running in 30 seconds tops. . .

Everything seems to be working great so far!

Too good to be true! You should buy a lottery ticket with that kind of good fortune.
    Burn it and beat on it

That is great news!

Gravity hates me!

I'm glad to hear you got your XJ back.

"Lophat is not going anywhere, it's a reference. This forum would fold up and die if he left. LOL!" -- OTR-93YJ

"if they are like LoPhat, then their heads are stuck so far up their rear they have re-emerged as a head." -- From_Catherine

"Lo-Phat.. Don't wash the XJ. You don't want someone to confuse it as a mall crawler.." -- Will E

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information