Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Night Run at Black Canyon City to Table Mesa AKA Pie Run on Friday June 21st

Night Run at Black Canyon City to Table Mesa AKA Pie Run on Friday June 21st

Night Run at Black Canyon City to Table Mesa AKA Pie Run on Friday June 21st

Me and my dad would like to invite everyone to come join with us for a night run to enjoy with friends, family, kids, and pets. This will be our third time doing this, but this time we are doing in reverse way. Black Canyon City entrance down to Table Mesa RD Exit. We will be eating dinner first at Rock Springs Café, will we call them up when we have a head count, we will let them know how many people are going to eat there..

Meeting Spot: Will be meeting at Rock Spring Café Restaurant at 6:30-7:00pm for dinner how to get there address 35769 Old Black Canyon Hwy Black Canyon City, AZ 85324,this is where everyone will air down and group chat meeting at the parking lot, we will be heading out to the trail run around 8:00-8:30pm, we should be back at Table Mesa Rd exit around midnight.. if you have to leave early this trail is not for you just to let know everyone has to be together in a group.

Rating Level: 2-3 out of 5, some parts are easy, some parts are moderate. Few steep hills up and down at the end of the trail. Wash-out condition, we will be driving in a wash so be careful where your driving in the wash please stay close as possible so we can see you behind with your headlight. Yes I told my dad this time he need to be close behind someone not far apart. Lesson Learn.

Rig Requirement: Open/Open with small lift and all terrain or better tires.

Feature: Rock Springs Café: If you have not been there, this place is known for their PIES. They ship them all over the world. This is why we called this trail run "THE PIE RUN"

Time: We are running at night make sure you have good working headlight or whatever lights you have better be working. If everything goes right it should take us 3 to 4 hours to complete the whole trail run. We are starting at Rock Springs Café going down to Table Mesa Rd exit. So it only one-way, it not a loop. This trail run is about 16-18miles long..

This trail can cause body damage & scratches, please do not complain!!

Please fill up your gas tank

CB is preferred but not required (non-CB rigs will run in the middle) if you have a problem yell or honk at someone!

If you plan to come please list your type of rig and if you have additional rigs coming with you and your name thank you so I know who here or not.. Yes I will need a head count if you going to eat at Rock Springs Café please, I need to how many of you guys in a group like example+1+2+3+4 thx.. if you not eating at Rock Spring Café please let me know that your just meeting at air down spot thx.

Max is 25 rigs!! Only 5 more spot left!!

Eating at Rock Springs Café:
    1.Racerdan1992-Daniel+1-White XJ
    2.Hummer01-Todd+1-Black Hummer H3
    3.Bluthndr-Nico+1-Green TJ
    4.LowOutPut2.5-Austin-Black YJ
    5.Mtndew1-Andrew-Sliver CJ7
    6.Eticket-Rich+2-Org. JK
    7.Brent@MyInternetMechanic.com[/email]-Brent+1-CJ
    8.welchdog32-Mike+1- ZJ
    9.kellpiejo-+2-Black Jk
    10.jmfrxjxpert-Justin+2-XJ
    11.soberlife38-Red XJ+2
    12.Countrybyrd-Weston+1-Tan TJ

Not eating at Rock Springs Café:

13.cherokee99-Black XJ-Joe+1
    14.Locked&Loaded-Jeff-Brown CJ5 or white J10
    15.Grant@MooreChryslerJeep -Grant+1-Silver TJ
    16.Omnic-Brown TJ
    17.Roger-Blue YJ

Not sure if I'm eating or not:
    18.taloke-Preston and Jen+2-Blue JK
    19-20.YJ Newbie-Gabe ORG. JK and his buddy Green JK

Maybe list: You guys are still in I will let you guys come if you deicide that your coming you already told me you were not sure yet and still allowed to be in the run!
    LittleBurro-Chris-Green YJ
    timgetndrty Tim + aztxn Michele-Tan JK
    PBKing-Joe-Two recovery rigs
    Rthario-+1-Org. JK
    TipsEZ-Chirs+1-White JK
    Last edited by Racerdan1992; 06-21-2013 at 06:16 PM.

Re: Night Run at Black Canyon City to Table Mesa AKA Pie Run on Friday June 21st

Are you taking the trail that is on the east side of the 17 ?

Re: Night Run at Black Canyon City to Table Mesa AKA Pie Run on Friday June 21st

Quote Originally Posted by ROXNMUD View Post
    Are you taking the trail that is on the east side of the 17 ?
    Yup! It still open!! Because there a trail called Black Canyon Overlook on the east side it almost on the same route but it going way east, but we are going to be right next to I-17 on the east side of the freeway and it no where near the private property. I think were going to be on mostly blm and state trust land.

I remember a few months ago, I remember seeing the west side one i need to go explore that one day!
    Last edited by Racerdan1992; 04-26-2013 at 09:22 PM.

Bump! Just to let you guy all know you have 1 month and half plan this trip if you want to go!! Looking forward seeing everyone soon!! It been awhile haven't run with anybody on VJC's in like 4-5month now.. It would be great for me to see everyone again and new peeps as well!!

Would love to join in on this run. Haven't been to the cafe yet, so my passenger and I would absolutely be down to eat.

Green TJ - 2 in vehicle

- Nico

Quote Originally Posted by Bluthndr View Post
    Would love to join in on this run. Haven't been to the cafe yet, so my passenger and I would absolutely be down to eat.

Green TJ - 2 in vehicle

- Nico
    Sound good Nico, I got you on my list that your joining dinner with the group. Looking forward meeting you and your passenger.

Ill be in. Driver - Austin. Passenger - Megan. Sounds like a great time

EDIT: I SHOULD be able to make it, i am getting ready to do axle swaps and (fingers crossed) a motor swap.
    Last edited by LowOutPut2.5; 05-05-2013 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LowOutPut2.5 View Post
    Ill be in. Driver - Austin. Passenger - Megan. Sounds like a great time

EDIT: I SHOULD be able to make it, i am getting ready to do axle swaps and (fingers crossed) a motor swap.
    Sound good! Have fun with your axle and motor swap! Looking forward meeting you and your passenger!

This sounds like fun. While I know it's not a loop is there a good place to park a trailer at the start? I don't want to drive the CJ all the way form Ahwatukee. I'm fine with backtracking a few miles on the highway in the CJ to get back to my truck.

Rig: CJ7 - Silver
    # of pople: 1, working on on co-pilot
    Dinner: Yes
    CB: Yes

FYI:
    The rig is largly untested offroad, I drive around town a bunch and took a brief trip out to Sycamore Creek the other night but that's it.

Also, I currently don't have any way to air back up. I'll see if the budget allows for a small compressor.
    Last edited by mtndew1; 05-05-2013 at 11:18 AM.
    1976 Jeep CJ7 | 5.3 LS | TH400 | D300 | D30/ARB | D44HP/ARB| 35's | My CJ7 Rebuild Thread |The CAGE project

Quote Originally Posted by mtndew1 View Post
    This sounds like fun. While I know it's not a loop is there a good place to park a trailer at the start? I don't want to drive the CJ all the way form Ahwatukee. I'm fine with backtracking a few miles on the highway in the CJ to get back to my truck.

Rig: CJ7 - Silver
    # of pople: 1, working on on co-pilot
    Dinner: Yes
    CB: Yes

FYI:
    The rig is largly untested offroad, I drive around town a bunch and took a brief trip out to Sycamore Creek the other night but that's it.

Also, I currently don't have any way to air back up. I'll see if the budget allows for a small compressor.
    If I was you park your trailer at the table mesa exit and then drive your jeep up to Black Canyon City exit for dinner, only couple miles up the road and airdown at the parking lot and then we hit to the trail, we drive back down to Table Mesa exit right there, I think that would be perfect spot for you to park your trailer so you don't have to drive your jeep all the way down to Ahwatukee home. There will be plenty people help you out air-up your tires! Pep-boys sell cheap masterflow compressor for 69.99 or 79.99 they work great for me there good up for 35in. tires if you have time to get one. I think your CJ-7 will be fine. I understand about your CJ7 is untested offroad rig because my brother had a CJ5 so I'm used to it. His CJ5 never made out it the whole trail always end up losing some type of part or broken driveshaft and shift linkage came off and blow out radiator.

Looking forward meeting you and if your co-pilot comes.
    Last edited by Racerdan1992; 05-05-2013 at 11:55 AM.

Those pesky broke down CJ5s.
    Jeff

Drink More Water

Quote Originally Posted by Locked & Loaded View Post
    Those pesky broke down CJ5s.
    I knew you would bring something up!! You going on this run Jeff??
    Last edited by Racerdan1992; 05-05-2013 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Racerdan1992 View Post
    If I was you park your trailer at the table mesa exit and then drive your jeep up to Black Canyon City exit for dinner, only couple miles up the road and airdown at the parking lot and then we hit to the trail, we drive back down to Table Mesa exit right there, I think that would be perfect spot for you to park your trailer so you don't have to drive your jeep all the way down to Ahwatukee home. There will be plenty people help you out air-up your tires! Pep-boys sell cheap masterflow compressor for 69.99 or 79.99 they work great for me there good up for 35in. tires if you have time to get one. I think your CJ-7 will be fine. I understand about your CJ7 is untested offroad rig because my brother had a CJ5 so I'm used to it. His CJ5 never made out it the whole trail always end up losing some type of part or broken driveshaft and shift linkage came off and blow out radiator.

Looking forward meeting you and if your co-pilot comes.
    Thanks! That's a great idea, that way I can just air up back at home and not worry about it also.
    1976 Jeep CJ7 | 5.3 LS | TH400 | D300 | D30/ARB | D44HP/ARB| 35's | My CJ7 Rebuild Thread |The CAGE project

I plan on being there. I don't know about eating. Got a figure out a way to lockup my stuff.
    Jeff

Drink More Water

Quote Originally Posted by Locked & Loaded View Post
    I plan on being there. I don't know about eating. Got a figure out a way to lockup my stuff.
    Put in more tow strap on or build a custom wooden box, or build something that can be weld it on or be screw on like drill some hole and tighten some nuts as well and put the stuff in it on your rack, that what I plan on doing to my XJ build a custom wooden or metal box to put in my stuff in so thing don't go flying every where in my back trunk..

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information