Thread: more pics of elvis with the more popular CJ/JK

more pics of elvis with the more popular CJ/JK

Since originally posting this I am adding this for anyone who is searching for Elivs threads trying to decide if they can do this trail. This is a difficult trail. It will test the limits of a stock Rubicon or slightly lifted Jeep. If your biased against any body damage this is not a good trail for you. You can also expect, even on the 'easy' lines, to hit your skid plates several times. Getting through the squeeze will, almost without exception, scrape your rockers or your sliders. The JK shown took a beating on it's belly and sliders. There were several times body damage almost occured. An experienced spotter may help to minimize damage. This trail is best run with someone who has run it successfully.

I posted some pics of the SJ (FSJ) making it through Elvis.

But I know you guys like SWB jeeps so here are some pics of a CJ and JK on the run. The JK has just a 2" spacer lift, some rubi sliders and is open diff but got through without a strap/winch/highlift or, for that matter, any body damage. (The underneath armor took a few hits... )

The CJ just got some waggy axles, some kind of shackle thing and some 4.56 gears. (too technical for ya???)

A driveshaft problem needed to be fixed. The shackles being 'rearward' moves the axle forward during some flexing moves. The driveshaft actually came apart. A little effort and they got it put back together enough to backup without any damage. We kept an eye on it for the rest of the day...

Nicely done... no lockers..

A fun poser shot:

Pretty good flex

More of the unlimited

I just really liked this pic.
    Last edited by Will E; 03-26-2013 at 09:56 AM.
    82 Cherokee WT SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/custom bumpers and roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/CB/dual batts/custom TC skid plate

Re: more pics of elvis with the more popular CJ/JK

Nice pics. I need to get out there.
    Jeff

Drink More Water

Nice variety of rigs, thanks for posting.
    "I feel like everyone on here is drug addict and bunch of weirdo that makes my brain give me headache!"
    http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4721&dateline=1301279  261

Cool.
    I'm a great guy, till you get to know me.

Good pics....

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Double Barrel AR-15 12 gauge special pump edition with laser scopes and 6,000,000 lumen flash bang picatinny light.
    '93 YJ, 4.0, NV4500, Atlas, 35s
    '17 WK2, 5.7, ZF8HP70, NV245, 31s

I think I have done Elvis without even knowing it...

Can you get to Elvis from Price Road by turning left (coming from price) before the actual canyon? Somewere in the trail you also have a spot were you have to go through a tight rock opening, over a steep rock, or take a bypass hill? Is that Elvis? If so that was my second trail!

Very nice pics. Thanks for sharing.
    If you ain't havin fun, do something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Demlockian View Post

Can you get to Elvis from Price Road by turning left (coming from price) before the actual canyon? Somewere in the trail you also have a spot were you have to go through a tight rock opening, over a steep rock, or take a bypass hill? Is that Elvis? If so that was my second trail!
    That's the one. If you check out the other links you can see a couple of FSJ (SJ) (fullsize) jeeps squeeze through the tight rock opening. Elvis runs advertised on this forum typically specify that use of the bypasses is not allowed.
    82 Cherokee WT SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/custom bumpers and roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/CB/dual batts/custom TC skid plate

Yea...I ran that with Canyon Off Road. They advised me to not run Elvis due to being new but my co-pilot won by peer pressure. I wanted to turn around as I had only owned the Jeep for about a week at that point. Escaped with no damage thankfully!

Quote Originally Posted by Demlockian View Post

ALL the bypasses on Elvis are illegal.
    http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=10100&dateline=1356046401 $350 generated for the AZOHVC from the sale of these decals so far. ($5/pair is donated)

What constitutes a bypass? No doing the Z turn? Going right instead of left on first obstacle? I don't remember that many obvious bypasses in the wash. Since I am not up to date on the current trail facts just curious? I guess the gnarly up and over would be for sure? Only made it once
    Long arm/37"/beedlocks/Mas grande arb Dana 44 rear/grande 44 front/ superjoints/WJ knuckle conversion/harness/cage/seats/winch/5.13/armor/skids/
    Parts/hydro/5-1/takes a beating that's for sure but still needs more crap

Quote Originally Posted by jeepdude775 View Post
    What constitutes a bypass? No doing the Z turn? Going right instead of left on first obstacle? I don't remember that many obvious bypasses in the wash. Since I am not up to date on the current trail facts just curious? I guess the gnarly up and over would be for sure? Only made it once
    they are the ones that leave the wash. Anything in the wash is fair game. As soon as something goes up and over a hill outside the wash, its "illegal"

That's a fair way to put it ShmUDE.

The bypasses are really obvious, at least for the second falls and the place where the squeeze is. They are obvious dirt paths off to the side. I didn't see a bypass for the first set of falls.

A lot of pics of Elvis show folks crawling over/through a rock, going around it isn't 'off trail'. This is a popular pic opportunity:

But you can avoid it without taking a 'bypass'.

Thread Information