Thread: State Park Input for OHVAG Needed ASAP

State Park Input for OHVAG Needed ASAP

Need help and input ASAP!!!!

But first I would like to say while the definition of what STL is and what it is to be used for is correct MM, when they sell permits for use for all types of recreation they sort of make it public land. Yes you need the permit, but anyone in the public can buy one and use the land.

Ok now on to OHVAG, this is the Off Highway Vehicle Advisory Group, it reviews OHV grants presented to State Parks for spending our OHV Sticker Money and Gas Tax funds for OHV. There is a proposal to change it and include all sorts of ranchers, business people, non-OHV users and those against OHV use on this board. THIS IS A BAD IDEA, make that a VERY BAD IDEA and there is no need for it, nor a logical reason for it.

Current any grants to be worked have to meet all the federal standards and not violate NEPA for work on the ground, so it has gone through the channels, it then gets to the OHVAG, then to another group and to State Parks where ranchers, environmentalists, business folks are reside. So the proposed groups already have a say in it at a different level, there is no need to add them to OHVAG. This is our place for OHV to prioritize the grants as they see will best support and be used of OHV, the other groups review them at their time, if all meets the recommendations it gets approved. Removing all the OHV from OHVAG and adding all the groups that exist at the other levels just makes for more red tape, less of our dollars even seeing the trails or improvements to our areas. If the funds sit stagnent for too long we all know the legislators will find a way to grab those funds to balance their budget, and creating this quagmire will do just that.

We all need to tell State Parks any change from the proposed format is not something OHV supports and that we do not want anyout side group that does not use OHV on OHVAG, they are already represented at the other levels.

Requirements for the OHVAG Make Up:
    OHVAG Members
    OHVAG Membership: Seven members appointed by the Arizona State Parks Board to a maximum of two consecutive three-year terms. Five of the seven members must be affiliated with an OHV organization or group; one seat must represent casual OHV recreationists or the general public, and one seat must represent a sportspersonís group (defined as a member of an organization representing hunting, fishing, or similar sportsperson outdoor activities). Members must be Arizona residents, and no more than two OHVAG members may reside in the same county.

As you can see by this make up, it does a pretty good job representing OHV and out interests. Addition to these positions if OHV related might be good, however getting too much larger will make things alot harder to get things done and to coordinate schedules. Please, Please follow the link, add comments and don't let them snow us into making changes that will add outside groups at the only Level OHV really has to get work done with OUR dollars.

Current make up OHVAG:
    Chair: Open Seat, Any County, Citizen-at-Large, Term Expires: 12/13
    Vice Chair: David Moore, Maricopa County, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, Term Expires: 12/12
    Rebecca Antle, Pima County, AZ State Assoc. of 4-Wheel Drive Clubs, Term Expires: 12/14
    Pete Pfeifer, Pima County, American Motorcyclist Assoc. (motorcycle), Term Expires: 12/12
    Donald French, Mohave County, White Mountain Open Trails Association (ATV/UTV), Term Expires: 12/13
    Thomas McArthur, Coconino County, Coconino Trail Riders (motorcycle), Term Expires: 12/14

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/OHVComm
    Chris
    4 Angry Squirrels

My1stJeep@excite.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Did you really just say that?
    autograph3 "If I buy it, then my 12" Rigid will be up for sale."
    timgtndrty "How much for your 12" rigid?"

Re: State Park Input for OHVAG Needed ASAP

Survey completed with comments.
    Nissan buggy

Thanks!!!!!

Come on folks, I see several views, keep in mind these are OHV funds, if we allow people who are not OHV to sit on OHVAG we have no idea where our funds will go. Please don't let this slip by feeling like others will do this, we will all lose out.
    Chris
    4 Angry Squirrels

My1stJeep@excite.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Did you really just say that?
    autograph3 "If I buy it, then my 12" Rigid will be up for sale."
    timgtndrty "How much for your 12" rigid?"

Survey done...
    Actually, you have to say you have a "1989 Moore Chrysler Jeep Wrangler YJ". Also, I like my Mexican food more spicer than most people but sometimes it either permanent lube or greasable's me straight to the toilet depending on desired strength or serviceability. My favorite restaurant is in the 1310 area near the airport on Washington, but sometimes the 1330 or 1350 area works depending on the response I get when I stop tcase the joint and axle somebody for directions.

survey done

Ill complete it tonight when I get to my desktop.
    Aaron 2008 White Unlimited Rubicon

Done.

Done...
    Working for a living is highly over-rated...

Done
    It's like an LJ... only bigger.

Somewhere between Phoenix and Los Angeles

done
    YJ 302, AOD, Atlas 4.3, hp60 arb, 14 bolt detroit, 4.56, Monkeybars Cage

done
    man without a jeep

done
    04 LJ.......Pics and Videos http://hilltopcreepers.com/