Thread: Need Tire Size Changed In Computer...

Need Tire Size Changed In Computer...

So I've had my 32 inch tires on my WK for a while now and just haven't really thought about changing the tire size in the computer. I'm about 5-6 mph off on the gauge and really should change the tire size in the computer since it messes with more than just my speed. I asked the dealer (power jeep in n phx) and they told me they could not change the tire size. looking it up online its gonna cost me at least $200 to buy the tool to change the tire size. I don't really have the money to spend on doing that right now so was wondering if anyone has the tool to change the tire size in the computer? I don't even have to borrow the tool, just have it done. any help would be much appreciated

Thanks!

Re: Need Tire Size Changed In Computer...

These guys can do it for you as well, but not sure what they charge. My guess would be closer to $100 http://www.dicksspeedotach.com/
    Currently Jeepless.....

speedo-gear change
    Barry
    Wheel it while ya can

Nah, the speedo is electronically controlled, not geared. I called dick's speedo and they said they can't do it and that I need to buy the handheld computer that connects to the ODBII plug and changes the tire size in the computer. the tire size change alone will adjust the speedo, MPG, ABS, airbags, etc so that they are reading the data right and go off the correct time they should. I'm looking into AEV (http://www.aev-conversions.com/shop/...al-module.html) right now at their procal module, sent them an email to see if they have one for the WK, but isn't looking promising. that is the cheapest one I can find, all the other ones are around $200 - $400. Its looking more and more doubtful as I look into it that anyone on here would have one that works for my jeep, since i think I'm the only one on here that has a WK lol going to keep looking. thanks though, appreciate the suggestions.

Just got my WK recently. You need one of these http://www.amazon.com/Superchips-387...=14S8XXG5UW00M
    I plan on getting one in the near future, and as long as it can be used on more than one vehicle I can help you out.

yeah that was what i was trying to avoid. but I guess it will help me with other stuff aside from just the tire size. from what i was reading about most of these though is they are restricted to 1 vehicle because i guess it stores a backup of your original settings on it, so in order to flash another, you would need to restore yours first. already figured I was going to have to buy this. talked to a few 4x4 places and companies that make them and they all told me i need to buy one of these on my own. so meh lol

I know for the Jk's AEV's procal is great and at $150 isn't too expensive! Not sure if they offer one for wk's?

http://www.superlift.com/accessories/truspeed.asp

This is what I used in LJ Rubi, but I don't see a WK in their application chart. It was really easy to install and calibrate.

Quote Originally Posted by SheaC View Post
    So I've had my 49 inch tires on my WK for a while now and just haven't really thought about changing the tire size in the computer. I'm about 5-6 mph off on the gauge and really should change the tire size in the computer since it messes with more than just my speed. I asked the dealer (power jeep in n phx) and they told me they could not change the tire size. looking it up online its gonna cost me at least $200 to buy the tool to change the tire size. I don't really have the money to spend on doing that right now so was wondering if anyone has the tool to change the tire size in the computer? I don't even have to borrow the tool, just have it done. any help would be much appreciated

Thanks!
    There. I changed your tire size in your computer. Free of charge. No thanks needed.

HONOR KEVIN-HARNESS UP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lancetkenyon View Post
    There. I changed your tire size in your computer. Free of charge. No thanks needed.
    lmao, nice.
    Kevin K7KMC

R.I.P. LOWTECH
    R.I.P. Samdog3

I have a superchips (JK) and you are correct that they're locked to a VIN. so if you find a used one you have to be very careful that the owner reset their computer back to default and unlocked it from their vin.

I got it for changing gear and tire ratios but it's been a great diagnosis tool since it pulls codes. It does other tuning and such too.

Thread Information