View Poll Results: Is your 1 ton registered as a commercial vehicle ?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 42.31%
  • No - dodged the bullet

5 19.23%
  • Bacon, as always

10 38.46%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is your 1 ton registered as a Commercial Vehicle ?

Re: Is your 1 ton registered as a Commercial Vehicle ?

Edit: Deleted my own comment after reading it again as it sounded rude to me.

All I was trying to say is this forum is not the place to get your legal help from. There are some good and some bad posts in here. I would not want to set myself up for failure or over-regulate "myself" based on what I have read off of the internet. Read the regulations!!

Regulations and laws are sort of like the Bible and should be read that way. Don't add anything to them and don't take anything away from them. If it is not written in black and white then it CAN NOT be enforced and if it is enforced incorrectly then take it to court.
    Last edited by HvyHau8272; 05-01-2012 at 07:08 AM.
    "Just remember too look for the meaning in the message, even if you don't like the words they use!"

so silver diesel boils down to say this,,,if your truck is owned(titled) by a company then it needs a commercial lisence which should involve DOT REGS! if YOU pay for the truck personnaly then it doesnt req the med card! i agree with him and thats where id put my buck to bet on!
    Im back to the drawing board
    STAY TUNED!

Quote Originally Posted by azgypsy1234 View Post
    so silver diesel boils down to say this,,,if your truck is owned(titled) by a company then it needs a commercial lisence which should involve DOT REGS! if YOU pay for the truck personnaly then it doesnt req the med card! i agree with him and thats where id put my buck to bet on!
    Here we go again. Dave, respectfuly please take the time to read the regulations. That is 100% incorrect info.
    "Just remember too look for the meaning in the message, even if you don't like the words they use!"

I just recently (about five months ago) bought a used F350 dually. When I went to register it they where going to give me commercial plates. After calling my insurance agent I found out it would cost me a considerable amount more a year to insure it as commercial. When I asked the lady why she told me it was because it was a 1 ton. I didnt want it after that and sold it to my buddyand went and bought a F250. He took the F350 to a third party MVD who registered it as a regular truck and hasnt had an issue since. Even the insurance lady (we have same insurance lady) thought it was hilarious. I wish i would have done that cause the F250 had been the worst truck ever.

i have a 3500 and dont have commercial plates but i went to a 3rd party place also.
    350 howell inj dana 60 front with a spool and full hydro and cromo stubs 9in in rear with a spool dana 300 tera low 4:1 sm420 with 410 gears and 38in swampers 4 linked all around.oh yeh it was a cj7.it was a jeepthing but all that s**t broke

I'm not sure what has changed, or why, but when I register my F350 I have three choices for the GVWR rating. I always choose the lightest one. I don't know if going to the heaviest one would make it commercial or not, but it does cost more. Either way, emissions only good for a year.
    Guy at the MVD tried to tell me I had to register it heavy so I wouldn't be "over weight" if stopped. I told him they would go by the sticker on the door either way. He acted like he didn't know about the GVWR rating on the door tag.

My plate does start with CG. From what I've been told, the F350, even stock, is required to have mud flaps in some cities. I heard Mesa was one of them.
    Non-College Educated Working Class White Deplorable....

AZDOT says

For the registration of 1-ton pickup trucks used for either commercial or personal use, the applicant must declare a gross weight and pay gross weight fees and a $4.00 commercial fee.
    No one ever mentioned this when I registered my F350, mine is registered personal non-commercial and has been for years.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information