Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Memorial Decal for John Beazley (Toyzukijohn)

Re: Memorial Decal for John Beazley (Toyzukijohn)

These look really good, Matt. As if I haven't said it to you enough already, thank you so much for doing this! I just sent you a PM with some additional things to try based on some comments made by John's wife.

I'm checking with Jeff about the possibility of a camo colored vinyl being added to the other color choices already available. It won't be for everyone, but I agree that many will want it because of who John was.

"Lophat is not going anywhere, it's a reference. This forum would fold up and die if he left. LOL!" -- OTR-93YJ

"if they are like LoPhat, then their heads are stuck so far up their rear they have re-emerged as a head." -- From_Catherine

"Lo-Phat.. Don't wash the XJ. You don't want someone to confuse it as a mall crawler.." -- Will E

I like the camo, that's looking good. Can you black out the wheel wells, and maybe the front bumper and dif areas also?
    http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4721&dateline=1301279  261

Quote Originally Posted by DanFelix View Post
    I like the camo, that's looking good. Can you black out the wheel wells, and maybe the front bumper and dif areas also?
    +1, I think if the camo was applied to the body/cage it would look better. Also the area around John is a bit fuzzy, might wanna make those lines cleaner cuz it won't print properly. Nice work on the decal!
    Quote Originally Posted by mingoglia View Post
    For the record, I'm a douchebag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili View Post
    Shaft size/strength is pretty important.
    "Randabuggy 2.0" in progress

Please keep in mind these are cut vinyl decals. That means that Jeff starts with a solid color. (I'm waiting to hear back on camo as an option.) Having multiple colors on the decals likely isn't possible because they aren't printed.

Hopefully Jeff will chime in here soon...

"Lophat is not going anywhere, it's a reference. This forum would fold up and die if he left. LOL!" -- OTR-93YJ

"if they are like LoPhat, then their heads are stuck so far up their rear they have re-emerged as a head." -- From_Catherine

"Lo-Phat.. Don't wash the XJ. You don't want someone to confuse it as a mall crawler.." -- Will E

Things are edgy now because I working in PS to do these quickly and all you're seeing is a jpeg....once we decide one what we like, i'll take it into ai and shred some outlines for jeff so they're nice and crisp...

Jeff may be able to get his hands on some camo vinyl but it would be pricey...another issue with the camo is, it's all camo or none...I know the VJC stickers are printed on 4 color but I'm not sure Jeff has that capability. More than likely we're looking at a 1 color canvas here...

Total Price of having a badass Jeep: Priceless, some things money can't buy, for everything else your wife will get pissed about…

Quote Originally Posted by DanFelix View Post
    Hey Dan, I just tried the wheel well cut out, but it's doesn't look like what I thought, makes the rig look like it's floating, i'll keep trying

the bumper isn't very defined in the picture i'm working with and free hand doesn't look that good, I'm going to try and seclude the winch and see how that comes out
    Total Price of having a badass Jeep: Priceless, some things money can't buy, for everything else your wife will get pissed about…

Awesome work Matt!
    2000 XJ Sport

Looking good guys. Great work, Matt! Camo vinyl is something I've had customers request but I've never been able to find a good source. My major suppliers, Oracal and Arlon don't have such a product because I'm told, it's too expensive to make "printed" vinyl and price it competitively. I find people on ebay selling small sheets but it's expensive and I can't account for the durability. In general, vinyl sold on ebay is the cheap stuff from China and will shrink and crack in a year or so. If someone finds some that they think is a reasonable quality and a good deal, let me know.

As far as the logo goes, it's in pretty good shape to cut. Only issue I see is the font of the text on the grill of the zuki. If I cut the whole image to 5" x 5" those letters are less than 1/4 inch high. That size isn't an issue, it's the type of the font that has the "grundgy" cut to it. But we can change that if there are no objections, to something with cleaner edges.

Matt, if you want to shoot that to me in .eps format, or .ai if that's not an option, I can do some test cuts. Thanks for your efforts guys!

-Jeff jeff@desertdogdecals.com

Lol, I thought you might cringe at the font. Kind of what I figured on for the camo. Is there a size we want these in...i'll be rebuilding it today Jeff, it'll look a bit more refined...

Quote Originally Posted by zj_brillo View Post
    Is there a size we want these in...
    I'm going to suggest a minimum size of 3"x3" and a maximum size not much over 4"x4".

Unless any objections or requests for change, this is the final.

This is awesome. Great job...
    *~*Brittany*~*

ok,,,, so heres my input,,,,,, WOW that awesome matt! post # 41 Between you and the others puttin it together its turning out great!
    i have a few words to add so dont nobody get mad at me! NO bigger than 5" please (4 sounds better but but but) no camo cuz it distorts the overall! who's gonna selll them and will they be available at the funural service? and how much is being donated to the family per set? (this can be discussed thru pm!) jessica likes and is ok with it matt! services is saturday,,,,, be great to have em available! god bless all ! dave
    Im back to the drawing board
    STAY TUNED!

I'm taking care of those details, Dave. You can call me or PM me.

That will be handled between Nathaniel and Jeff. They should be printed by then, will be there.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information