Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Memorial Decal for John Beazley (Toyzukijohn)

Memorial Decal for John Beazley (Toyzukijohn)

Update 06/26/13 -- New Link: http://www.desertdogdecals.com/in-lo...f-john-beazley

Update 1/27

The memorial decals are available to order online at Desert Dog Decals. Please CLICK HERE for a direct link. I also hope to have some available for purchase at the funeral service on Saturday. A portion of the proceeds from each decal will go directly to John's family, and an option to donate additional amounts with each purchase is available.

A huge shout of thanks goes out to Matt (zj_brillo) and Jeff (desertdog10) for their tremendous efforts in helping to make this happen. I also wish to thank everyone who offered their suggestions in this thread or by PM. Although not every suggestion could be incorporated into the final design, the finished decal truly represents a community effort at honoring our lost friend. I hope that everyone will purchase a decal and that those who are able will donate an additional amount to John's family.

All,

I wish to have a memorial decal made to honor the passing of our friend, John Beazley (Toyzukijohn). Please use this thread to discuss ideas for the decal. If you have comments about John that you would like to express to his family, please post those in the "We lost one of our own today!!!!" memorial forum.

Jeff at Desert Dog Decals has graciously agreed to make the memorial decal once we all agree on a design. I have also asked that the price of the decal include a donation to John's family, so those details will need to be worked out as well.

Let's bounce some ideas around here.

Thank you,
    LO PHAT
    Last edited by LO PHAT; 06-26-2013 at 07:21 AM.

"Lophat is not going anywhere, it's a reference. This forum would fold up and die if he left. LOL!" -- OTR-93YJ

"if they are like LoPhat, then their heads are stuck so far up their rear they have re-emerged as a head." -- From_Catherine

"Lo-Phat.. Don't wash the XJ. You don't want someone to confuse it as a mall crawler.." -- Will E

Re: Memorial Decal for John Beazley (Toyzukijohn)

Nate,

Maybe something along the lines of a man kneeling drawing a bow. Since this was one of many of John's passions. I know he would drop anything if hunting was brought up. Just an Idea.
    R.I.P. John? 07 jk

A few renditions, final is at the bottom

Last edited by wj_brillo; 01-25-2012 at 09:31 AM.
    Total Price of having a badass Jeep: Priceless, some things money can't buy, for everything else your wife will get pissed about…

Very Nice! The S should be a Z....

I like it!!!

i'll agree to it also! LIKE IT!
    Im back to the drawing board
    STAY TUNED!

I like the concept Jeff. Any way you could give the wheels a little more definition? Something along the lines of the wheels on this decal?

-Vinny

I'll see what I can do Vinman, problem is I'm pulling the image off a video that was taken on my cell phone, basically, the rims look like black holes and the tread is undefined, but that doesn't mean i can't do it
    Total Price of having a badass Jeep: Priceless, some things money can't buy, for everything else your wife will get pissed about…

ZJBrillo=Desert Dog Jeff? Sorry if I'm getting my names wrong.
    -Vinny

Nope- ZJBrillo is brother Matt. I'm DesertDog10. Keep it up Matt! That's awesome what you're doing. When its finalized I'd like an EPS file is possible. Thanks!

lol no, Jeff aka desert dog works the magic on the print, i'm just a GD that is having a slow morning in the office and thought I'd throw an idea out there, no worries, i'm Matt

I like it

I like it.......but...

I kind of like the idea of keeping the same format for some of the other memorial ones we've had done.....in particular, my vote would be one similiar to the "LOWTECH" stickers....very simple and respectful.....

Just my .02 and throwing out another option, either way..
    RockKrawling is not a Crime !

I went through the search, but didn't find an image of the sticker, could you post one up if you have it? I believe this was before my time in VJC.

I've been trying to find some software online that would take this image, and convert it to the format needed for the die cut vinyl machines. I think the outline of this photo of John in his rig would make for a good decal:

I found software that would convert it to a cartoon, but can't find something that just does the outline that would be needed for a decal machine:

Last edited by vin man; 01-23-2012 at 01:09 PM.
    -Vinny

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information