Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: We lost one of our own today!!!!

Re: We lost one of our own today!!!!

I was out in the Florence Junction area with another group today, so I didn't hear about this until we got off the trails and I listened to the numerous voice messages left for me. John was a close friend of mine. There is a lot I'd like to say about him, but I will say it later as I am a bit lost for words at the moment. Right now my thoughts and prayers are with his family and the friends who were there with him this morning.

If I can do anything to help do not hesitate to call me no matter what the hour.

"Lophat is not going anywhere, it's a reference. This forum would fold up and die if he left. LOL!" -- OTR-93YJ

"if they are like LoPhat, then their heads are stuck so far up their rear they have re-emerged as a head." -- From_Catherine

"Lo-Phat.. Don't wash the XJ. You don't want someone to confuse it as a mall crawler.." -- Will E

Sad news indeed. I have never met John, but have heard and read many good things about him. You wil be missed..... Condolences go out to his family.

So sad to hear, and sadder still that I never got a chance to wheel with him.
    My family's thoughts are with his family.

I've had that pit-in-my-stomach feeling all day. He was such a great person, always happy to help anyone, including myself many times. He was an asset on recoveries, always ready to head out wherever needed and willing to stay until the job was done. I've been on a few recoveries with Joe that went 15+ hrs and I was glad to have John there. He was experienced, reliable and an excellent trail repairman and always had a positive attitude. I'm also sad to have lost a friend today.

My thoughts and prayers go out to John's family and also to everyone that was there when it happened this morning. Gypsy Dave - you're a good man and I share your sadness, brother. You and those who helped rescue John's daughter are commendable and you have my respect.

R.I.P. John Beazley - "Toyzukijohn"
    Last edited by David C; 01-23-2012 at 02:51 PM. Reason: sp
    White '94 ZJ on 33's
    "I've been doing so much with so little for so long that I can now do just about anything with practically nothing."

My condolences go out to all his family and friends. I never had the opportunity to meet him, but he will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by azgypsy1234 View Post
    im sad,,,,, dont know what else to say! i held his hand for his last breath! we as a familyVJC will all get together at a funeral wake! theres to be something done with the family but weve not figured anything yet! family will be flying in from wy and some other nothern states! we would ask that joe west open jons acct with a password so his wife jessica can read all the love from us tho! ive volinteered to jessica to do all the contact thru the VJC family so if anybody needs to talk at me your welcome to call me! hm- 4806715985 cell- 4802415486. JASON,,,, you are strong and one of the greatest! calm and collected! thx for supportin me ! JOHN WAS MY GOOD AND CLOSE FRIEND! we spent days after days together and i will miss him! im sad!
    Hang in there Dave, thanks for being with our brother at the end...this hurts, bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by sahara mist View Post
    Jason Barnard
    i lost a friend today his jeep rolled on us 60 east at tomahawk with his 8 year old daughter in it as well john passed away ,but his little girl lived thanks to myself and dave we had to cut her out of the jeep , im so happy she is ok after she was released from the hospital she came to me and gave me a big hug and said (thank you for getting me out of the jeep ) she is ok and john you will be missed dearly you where a friend to all and a great person you will be missed brother !

Jason I needed to post this here also.
    I know that you being there with John was special, you did all you could do, all I can say is thanks for being there, we'll keep him in our thought and prayers as we remember what a great guy he was and a special friend we shared some great times with.

Quote Originally Posted by aribelin View Post
    Certainly my prayers and condolences to the family, we were told of this at our group meet (that John was on his way to) this morning and we made the run in John's honor/memory.

R.I.P. our Jeep brother.
    Allen, thanks for pulling the group together in what must have been a very diffficult situation, thanks man.
    Quote Originally Posted by David C View Post
    I've had that pit-in-my-stomach feeling all day. He was such a great person, always happy to help anyone, including myself many times. He was an asset on recoveries, always ready to head out wherever needed and willing to stay until the job was done. I've been on a few recoveries with Joe that went 15+ hrs and I was glad to have John there. He was experienced, reliable and an excellent trail repairman and always had a positive attitude. I'm also sad to have lost a friend today.

My thoughts and prayers go out to John's family and also to everyone that was there when it happened this morning. Gypsy Dave - you're a good man and I share your sadness, brother. You and those who helped rescue John's daughter are commendable and you have my respect.

R.I.P. John Beasley - "Toyzukijohn"
    Thanks everyone for helping pull everything together here, I'll do what I can to help, so sad, F O K, THIS JUST SUks.
    Last edited by DanFelix; 01-24-2012 at 05:59 AM.
    "I feel like everyone on here is drug addict and bunch of weirdo that makes my brain give me headache!"
    http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4721&dateline=1301279  261

JKCTAZ Guest

I don't spend much time here and this is actually my first post, usually just a guest reading threads. This was posted on JKO earlier today and I wanted to pass along my condolences to his Family and all that knew him. As a Father and family man first and a Jeep enthusiast as well, this news hits me close to home in and in the gut. God bless him and may his Family find comfort in the happy memories of him and the support they have from so many. Very sobering.

Though I never had a chance to meet John this is terrible news and my condolences go out to his family and the club members that where on scene. It is greatly sad to lose a fellow wheeler and I would be more than happy to help in any way.

“Sobering" is a good sentiment - nestled among the dirt, rocks, lifts, open skies, and great stories - there is always a human life... condolences.

Quote Originally Posted by azgypsy1234 View Post
    im sad,,,,, dont know what else to say! i held his hand for his last breath! we as a familyVJC will all get together at a funeral wake! theres to be something done with the family but weve not figured anything yet! family will be flying in from wy and some other nothern states! we would ask that joe west open jons acct with a password so his wife jessica can read all the love from us tho! ive volinteered to jessica to do all the contact thru the VJC family so if anybody needs to talk at me your welcome to call me! hm- 4806715985 cell- 4802415486. JASON,,,, you are strong and one of the greatest! calm and collected! thx for supportin me ! JOHN WAS MY GOOD AND CLOSE FRIEND! we spent days after days together and i will miss him! im sad!
    Speechless.... can't imagine what you all went through down there. Thinking of you all....

Our thoughts and condolences are sent to the family. This is so sad. We will be watching this thread to see if there is something that will allow our participation.
    And if men are incapable of managing their own affairs, what explains the ability of a relatively small number of them to manage the lives of so many others?
    Mark Levin from The Liberty Amendments.

This is terrible! My wife passed the scene this morning. I had no idea it was a fellow jeeper. My condolences and prayers to the family.
    "Son, you got to live life everyday to the fullest, because you're only on this earth for a short time and dead for a hell of a long time."

I.F.M. (a.k.a. Dad, X2 Cancer Survivor)

Got Prostate Cancer? See me or click the links below.

http://protonbob.com/proton-treatment-homepage.asp

http://mytrailoflifeobstacle.blogspot.com/

http://www.prostateblog.com/home/

I was just notified of this tragic news. I can't believe it. What a terrible loss to our community. Speechless.
    Ruben

John was also active on the Suzuki board. Right now we don't know what to do, but if there is anything we can do or anything his family needs, please let me know. This sucks really bad. I'm so sorry to his family and friends.

RIP John.

He was a huge help in getting Collateral Damage reopened. He provided 4 55 gal drums and met me to fill and deliver them out to Table Mesa to be used in the road building project. I think he through in $200 bucks too.

When we needed concrete blocks, he came through with the semi and the blocks . I provided the money for fuel again and we made 2 trips out to Table Mesa to deliver the blocks you see in the pic.

I had hoped that he could get to run CD once it got reopened. This is so sad.

Maybe we could get a sticker to add to the signs on CD in memory of John
    Last edited by Woody; 01-21-2012 at 11:34 PM.
    RIP The Tetanus Shot

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information