Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to ask for help. Read before posting your question.

How to ask for help. Read before posting your question.

Before posting a thread asking for help with your Jeep's issue take these steps first please.

1) SEARCH!
    This forum has been around over 10 years now, and plenty has already been talked about.
    The search bar by itself may not yield results, try "Advanced Search" or doing a google search with your question and "Virtual Jeep Club" in the search line.

If your search fails to give any good results for your question, or more specificity is required, proceed to step 2.

Disclaimer:
    If you are not 100% sure you have the right answer, ask (make a thread). Don't go off an old thread that may or may not be relating to your vehicle setup unless you're positive it's the information you needed. Searching is helpful, but is by no means a guaranteed answer.

2) Post your question for the club, but we will need to know a few things to expedite an answer.

Your Jeep:
    Year
    Model (TJ, XJ, YJ, ZJ, etc...)
    Auto/Manual
    Modifications that could possibly be the cause of your issue
    The terrain in which your Jeep is used (FR242 is quite different from Predator)
    Tire size
    Gear ratio (if it is stock, just say "stock" in your post)\
    ANYTHING else that may be helpful.

Once that is in your post, go to step 3.

3) What is your problem?
    Basically, use the 5 W's and H rule. Who, What, Where, When, Why, and How.

When did your issue start? (Not Oct. 15, 2011, but what happened that precipitated the issue)

Etc...

We aren't mind readers, and putting this information in your first post will save a page worth of discussion trying to figure out what your problem could be.
    Last edited by JK Inferno; 10-21-2011 at 02:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpjeeper95 View Post
    If any of you have ever wheeled with Adam then you would know that voiding the waranty on his Jeep has never been high on his list of concerns.

Re: How to ask for help. Read before posting your question.

Steve (OnleyJeeps) mentioned the need for a sticky like this. Post anything else that needs to be in the OP and I will add it in.
    If any of you have ever wheeled with Adam then you would know that voiding the waranty on his Jeep has never been high on his list of concerns.

Agreed. Putting your year/model in you signature line will help a lot, too, so if someone jumps in on page three they can still see what vehicle you have.
    Last edited by KennethS; 10-21-2011 at 12:25 PM.
    Kenneth
    1998 TJ 4.0 MT

Good stuff!

Can I be the devils advocate? Oh wait that was a question. I think after 10 years of answered questions, what if this thread actualy works and we have no more new threads? I mean, this is just one of those things that is going to happen on a forum like this. A thread trying to change it is almost of as little value as the repeated questions because it just won't change. Besides that, every year the Jeeps change, the tech changes, the sport changes and most importantly the people change. If a newbie, or myself for that matter, wants an oppinion on the preferred shock, he doesn't want to know about an out dated shock that someone who isn't even on the forum anymore used. I want to know what the people I wheel with are using now.

I know I jumped right to the far end of the spectrum and LOTS of the questions can be answered with the search button but aren't we also here for the comoradory? The idea of a forum is the interaction with people that share a common interest. I have "tech" pages that I can go to if I just want to read up on something.

I hope this doesn't seem like I'm atacking you or your thread Adam. You are still my favorite person to wheel with brother. Just my shlt head oppinion.

BTW my rig is ready to roll next time your in town for the weekend.
    I'm sorry, what? I was ignoring you

I think I made the point that if the search doesn't completely satisfy your question, post up, just please put all the info WE need to answer your question. And as for shocks, we all know what you need really depends on what you wheel and where you wheel, so if you filled out that info from the get-go, it would be MUCH easier to answer that question.

If I got your point, I think I replied correctly.

Hopefully I'll be down within the next couple weekends for another trip out.

X2 jpjeeper every forum attempt things like this all I say is best of luck reforming people lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

blatant jokessubliminal sarcasmsexual innuendo

This is to help people get an answer faster. If they want to sit around and play with themselves, then so be it.

The problem is the people that wouldn't put that info in the post without warning are usually so dumb they can't spell well enough for search to work. I am not saying im some genius, and sometimes my posts look and read like they were written by a drunk child, but we have some really dumb people pass through here lol. And its usually the ones that pass through that this applies to. Hell I know the set up a lot of people on here run (if they are regulars) already even if I have never met them.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Then I guess I should delete this thread and just start reading people's mind because the lowest common denominator is too ****ing stupid to even look here.

Thanks for your input Nick.

Another thing that will help is if you list your cross streets or at least the city you live in under your location. It helps if your selling something, need help or your looking your looking for a recommendation of someone to help fix something.;Its also nice to know who lives around you. I talked to a few people about getting help in the last week. Two said they lived in Az and one was USA. (none were spam) This is, after all Arizona Virtual Jeep Club. Very few members live out of AZ. So, being a member in Az is almost a given.

That'd be a good thing to add to the new member's intro section, Jeff. The whole issue this thread is based off of could be pretty much erased if people updated their profile and put their vehicle specs in their sig.

If you fix your issue. Please please please go back and update your own post. I don't know how many forum posts I have run across that had descriptions of my exact issue with 0 resolution.
    2012 JKU - Stock - 32s - Open/Open

Ok there should be an easy way to solve this if it's that big of a deal. Can't joe make are the vehicle specs required when people sign up just like an e-mail address is required that would solve it 90% of the time I would think?

Quote Originally Posted by SkepChym View Post
    If you fix your issue. Please please please go back and update your own post. I don't know how many forum posts I have run across that had descriptions of my exact issue with 0 resolution.
    What's you issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Ricci View Post
    Ok there should be an easy way to solve this if it's that big of a deal. Can't joe make are the vehicle specs required when people sign up just like an e-mail address is required that would solve it 90% of the time I would think?
    The idea is people just read this. Whether they do or not is obviously up to them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information