Thread: Pulled over.. Now need to go to school

Cool Pulled over.. Now need to go to school

Was driving my Jeep sitting at a light waiting to make a Left hand turn... well the light turned green and I made my left hand turn and a Cop pulled me over because I went into the second lane instead of the first lane and this was at 12:30 AM in Gilbert.
    Wrote me a ticket for "Wide left turn" and you put in the Violation code it pulls up as a "RED light run" what ever just take TSS (Traffic survival school).
    Guess my point is be careful makeing a Turn because You can get pulled over.
    And when I looked up the schools for TSS I thought the names were funny I only copied and pasted some of the names I did not put them in caps that is the way they are on the page which can be seen here TSS
    ABSOLUTELY JUST MY LUCK,
    BUT OFFICER IM INNOCENT FOUR PHX LOC TSS,
    A LIKELY STORY
    SMILE & SAY CHEESE
    IT WASN'T ME!
    I'VE BEEN FRAMED TRAFFIC SCHOOL
    REHAB INC
    AGHH GOTCHA AGAIN
    BUSTED TRAFFIC SCHOOL
    TOTALLY INNOCENT !!
    The one I am going to is "ABSOLUTELY JUST MY LUCK"

Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools

Blog Entries

Re: Pulled over.. Now need to go to school

Moved to OFF TOPIC thread...

Jordan I am sorry to hear that... but to get a ticket like that at 12:30a wow...
    Yeah, I'm a girl drivin a jeep you have a problem with that?

the cop was probably looking to hit you with a dui. i doubt you would get pulled oer for that in the afternoon.
    the early bird gets the worm........but the second mouse gets the cheese.

I would think the cops have better things to do than to just take a guess someone is under the influence. Did seem that a wide turn would be worthy of his time. Consider a rabbits foot?
    A gold miner is just a liar standing next to a hole in the ground.
    RIP Digger B. Trouble, Rilee the Weed and Kodiak Kid

Its the Holiday DUI Task Force Time, so be ready to be pulled over for any and ever thing. As for your ticket, its Gilbert Police. They would write their own Mom a ticket for stupid stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    I would think the cops have better things to do than to just take a guess someone is under the influence. Did seem that a wide turn would be worthy of his time. Consider a rabbits foot?
    Wide turns is a common sign of an impaired driver.

I got pulled over for the first time a few weeks ago for the same thing, but in Phoenix! First thing he asked me was why he pulled me over and next was how much I had to drink. I said nothing and that I was bringing my girlfriend home. He asked for my license and insurance, glanced at them and said have a good night. All he was looking for was a DUI and there are a few bars within the immediate area so it was plausible. I'm now extra careful on my turns.

I have gone before a judge for less. I would fight that one. I would put it at 90% the cop will not show and 95% that if the cop did show it would still get tossed.
    I lift heavy things

Turning wide like this seems to be common in my experience. It becomes an issue when I am facing an oncoming car that is making a left turn when I want to turn right into the same two lane street. It surprises the driver making the left turn when I start my turn.
    And if men are incapable of managing their own affairs, what explains the ability of a relatively small number of them to manage the lives of so many others?
    Mark Levin from The Liberty Amendments.

last time I went to driving school (red light), the instructor told us that when you have the right of way to turn, i.e., left turn arrow, you have the right to either of the 2 lanes.....
    People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who do....

Law states that when making a turn (right or left) you have to turn into the "closest available lane". It's like spitting on the sidewalk though. It's just a reason to stop you and check you out. I got pulled over with a friend of mine a couple years ago at Westgate for the same thing. There were four officers parked across the street from the parking lot ,where all the bars are, just picking people out. We did not get a ticket.
    I'm sorry, what? I was ignoring you

It is worth your time to go to court. If the ticket isn't tossed, then the court will order you to take the class. All you are out is the time to show up in court. For this minor offense where you are technically gulity, but it is obvious the LEO was looking for a DUI you have a good chance of a dismissial. Gilbert PD is a bit different. I have heard that from many sources, such as other LEOs. The reason to fight it is if you are caught speeding or something where you are totally in the wrong you can still take traffic school. This ticket could also be seen as a behaviour trend if you are picked up for something else. Its worth the fight, like I said the worse is you are ordered to take traffic school.

Quote Originally Posted by Cave Gimp View Post
    It is worth your time to go to court. If the ticket isn't tossed, then the court will order you to take the class. All you are out is the time to show up in court. For this minor offense where you are technically gulity, but it is obvious the LEO was looking for a DUI you have a good chance of a dismissial. Gilbert PD is a bit different. I have heard that from many sources, such as other LEOs. The reason to fight it is if you are caught speeding or something where you are totally in the wrong you can still take traffic school. This ticket could also be seen as a behaviour trend if you are picked up for something else. Its worth the fight, like I said the worse is you are ordered to take traffic school.
    Arraignment you chose class or court
    once you choose court (set date) you cannot choose class
    Quote Originally Posted by amber.hodge View Post
    Steve is so innocent. Its really cute, actually. Ah to be a kid again....
    "anyone who says they know everything about anything is either a fool or a liar"

Yeah, by going to court you typically give up the ability to go to class. However, you can sometimes get the judge to allow you to go anyway. Sometimes he'll give you some BS about him not being able to give you class, other times he'll let you go. I've been there. I've even been able to go to class twice within a few months of each other to avoid the points. This of course was only possible by pleading to the judge. I was only able to pull that one off once so don't count on that. I got tickets an awful lot when I was younger.
    Quote Originally Posted by djui5 View Post
    I'm an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Green Jeep View Post
    I have no clue...

Thread Information