Thread: registering with no mco or title

registering with no mco or title

i aquired a small trx 125 quad a couple years ago. it had just been sitting and the owner gave it to my buddy. my buddy has no kids so he basically got it for my kids to play with. the problem is, it didn't come with a title. i need a title to get it registered so the kids can ride it off road. it's been sitting beside my house for quite a while but i got it running pretty good yesterday and i'm thinking it might be worth getting it rideable. it's pretty beat up but the engine runs great. tranny is good too.

i'm trying to figure out how to go through the bonded title process. does anyone have experience with this? i've searched with a couple different keywords and i'm not coming up with the process. i've been told to call the dmv, and to go through my insurance co. i'm not sure who to call to get the process started. if anyone has done it please hook me up with some info. thanks.
    the early bird gets the worm........but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Re: registering with no mco or title

I just go to the DMV fill out the abandoned title form wait for a call back, then go down there and they will issue you a title, very simple.

Oh! and it will have to go through a level 2 inspection to verify #'s but all they do is write a couple things down.
    Tires are like boobs. They always look big until you have played with them for a while. Then you just want a bigger set ...

a friend of mine was taking a dirtbike he bought with no title down to the mvd. i asked him to take mine too and see what it would take to title it. he said the lady at the window inside was very unfriendly. she said the only way to get a title for the bikes is to get a bond. the one for my '98 yz 80 is $950 or something crazy like that. My friend asked about an abandoned title and the lady said they don't do that with atv. does that sound right?

I have filled for two abandoned title's but they were for vehicles, so im going to take a guess and say the atv abandonment process has probably been abused in the past. you might want to call the other mvd's around the valley and see what kind of response you get. ever since the mvd issued the law about having to have registration, they should atleast offer some sort of ownership process.

Edit: now that i think about it, we purchased a vivo race quad for the kid. it came with an MSO, no U.S. title. then when they passed the registation law i took it down to aquire a title, the lady said they could not do anything for me until i had a title. so I ended up paying $100 bones from the company i bought it from to get a title.
    Last edited by "YEEP"; 11-29-2011 at 07:37 PM.
    Tires are like boobs. They always look big until you have played with them for a while. Then you just want a bigger set ...

18) How do I apply for a bonded title?
    First visit any MVD or authorized Third Party office to obtain a vehicle inspection. The additional steps needed to then complete the process vary with each situation. At the time of the inspection, we will provide you with a list of the specific actions and documentation required.

This is on the web site azdot.gov

good luck

mike

Get a bill of sale from your buddies buddy. Also get a bill of sale from your buddy. Take both bills of sale to the DMV. Go thru inspection. Get title. Nuff said.
    Jeff

Drink More Water

Quote Originally Posted by Locked & Loaded View Post
    Get a bill of sale from your buddies buddy. Also get a bill of sale from your buddy. Take both bills of sale to the DMV. Go thru inspection. Get title. Nuff said.
    he asked about a bill of sale. it wasn't received in a friendly way by the mean lady. i think we just need to go to a more helpful person.

i figured i would need a bonded title but i didn't think it would be $950 for a $400 bike. that's insane. if it was a car it would only be a couple hundred. going to research the bill of sale angle. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by chopped7 View Post
    he asked about a bill of sale. it wasn't received in a friendly way by the mean lady. i think we just need to go to a more helpful person.

i figured i would need a bonded title but i didn't think it would be $950 for a $400 bike. that's insane. if it was a car it would only be a couple hundred. going to research the bill of sale angle. thanks.
    The way the bond worked for me was the bond was for $1000 but when you buy the bond it costs 10% of what the bond is for, so basically a $950 bond should cost $95. Its kinda like insurance incase the original owner comes looking for the vehicle.
    Gone: 84XJ, 86MJ, 92XJ, 89YJ Current:Jeepless

Oh. That makes more sense. The mean lady at mvd did not explain that. I feel better now. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information