Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Jeep track bar issues

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Phoenix,Az
    Posts
    12,776
    Blog Entries
    1

    Question Jeep track bar issues

    I have a Jeep LJ with a JKS track bar been real great unit it wore our recently. I rebuilt the JJ and replaced the factory OEM track bar bushing. It appears both are moving around which I know they should not move at all. I now have rebuilt the whole front of the Jeep chasing this issue and the track bar seems to be the biggest culprit. The OEM track bar bushing seems to be softer than the one I removed or they gave the wrong part but yet it was able to be pressed in. Whats your take?


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPOpVMUEEz0

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Heber/Overgaard, AZ
    Posts
    4,641
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Jeep track bar issues

    Track bars suck! I really don't know the answer other that four link. I don't have a track bar in the rear with the RK lift and I am
    getting ready to dump the D30 front for something else. The bushings wear out and the bolts work loose or break. Heims?

    Good luck with that one. I have had great luck with the D30, but pushing my luck on 37s and hate the steering. I refuse to
    spend any more money on it! Down through the years a couple of U joints and axles, (one chromo), busted.

    Anyone running OME or even after market track bars should be checking the joints regularly after ever run.
    Bill W. K7ANT 97 TJ with modified RK LA 106" WB. TeraLow, Locked, and 37" MTR's
    "May God Bless the Sheepdogs of America!"
    http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii304/k7ant/150x150_8KB.jpg

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Phoenix,Az
    Posts
    12,776
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Jeep track bar issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Antman View Post
    Track bars suck! I really don't know the answer other that four link. I don't have a track bar in the rear with the RK lift and I am
    getting ready to dump the D30 front for something else. The bushings wear out and the bolts work loose or break. Heims?

    Good luck with that one. I have had great luck with the D30, but pushing my luck on 37s and hate the steering. I refuse to
    spend any more money on it! Down through the years a couple of U joints and axles, (one chromo), busted.

    Anyone running OME or even after market track bars should be checking the joints regularly after ever run.
    After checking out the JK wrangler the TJ is really a poorly built vehicle for the trail at least while using bigger tires with OEM components which I like because they are easily replaceable parts. Jim with JKS gave me his part number which I now suspect is not a factory OEM bushing. It appears to be like a factory bushing but its not factory OE is their wording on the website and OEM would be factory. Very tricky wording and all their other parts use Chrysler part #'s. I called and specifically asked whats the Jeep part number for your part and he gives me his part number...***? That tells me its not a factory part period.

    Jason

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    INSTIGATIONFIELDVILLETON
    Posts
    17,272

    Re: Jeep track bar issues

    Heims at both ends. Might transmit a bit of road noise/harshness, but should be a lot better to avoid DW.

    HONOR KEVIN-HARNESS UP!!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Phoenix,Az
    Posts
    12,776
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Jeep track bar issues

    Quote Originally Posted by lancetkenyon View Post
    Heims at both ends. Might transmit a bit of road noise/harshness, but should be a lot better to avoid DW.
    While I agree with you, I know its possible to use JJ or OE style bushings 95K miles with no issues goes a long way. But when I ask a specific question to a manufacture I expect a specific answer. Maybe I will just change to a different brand although buying their $25 bushing is the cheapest route since I have time and money invested already.

    Jason

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    INSTIGATIONFIELDVILLETON
    Posts
    17,272

    Re: Jeep track bar issues

    I feel for you. I hate the run-around.

    HONOR KEVIN-HARNESS UP!!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Phoenix,Az
    Posts
    12,776
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Jeep track bar issues

    Quote Originally Posted by lancetkenyon View Post
    I feel for you. I hate the run-around.
    I thing I have come across with JKS is most of their products are the same or similar to Currie, Currie has been nothing but helpful in my quest of replacing warn out parts. Hmmmm

    Maybe this jeep speed track bar will be better?

    http://www.currieenterprises.com/ces...t.aspx?id=3488

    Jason

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chandler/Tempe
    Posts
    3,152

    Re: Jeep track bar issues

    Looks good
    Jeep with lots of stuff and need lot's moreF250 SD 7.3 4x4 w/500lb cowcatcher and warn 12K Carhauler with 6K ramsey

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Phoenix,Az
    Posts
    12,776
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Jeep track bar issues

    I removed the trackbar this afternoon toor apart the JJ and it appears to be my poor installation that toor the polly bushing. I will order up new JJ bushings and order the JKS trackbar bushing that should solve this mess. In the end after rebuilding this thing I may upgrade to the currie since it seems to be a bit more durrable.

    Jason

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Phoenix,Az
    Posts
    12,776
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Jeep track bar issues

    Ok new JJ bushings ordered and Thanks to Kingsize for directing me to Napa for the propper OE bushing. It seems to handle more load than the factory OEM. Heres a pic...

    Jason

    Original JKS old Vs Mopar

    Name:  IMG00071-20100701-1022.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  60.7 KB

    Napa...BINGO

    Name:  napabushing.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  6.9 KB

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    OH IO
    Posts
    835

    Re: Jeep track bar issues

    Well it sounds like you have already answered your own question. Your punk ace needs a JK. I will even come out of retirement and be the salesman on your deal! How many days did we spend talking about building a four door 4x2? It is time to ***** or get off the crapper. By the way i may come in a get a SRT Chally while you got that 60 return program going.
    Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Phoenix,Az
    Posts
    12,776
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Jeep track bar issues

    Quote Originally Posted by ohiotj View Post
    Well it sounds like you have already answered your own question. Your punk ace needs a JK. I will even come out of retirement and be the salesman on your deal! How many days did we spend talking about building a four door 4x2? It is time to ***** or get off the crapper. By the way i may come in a get a SRT Chally while you got that 60 return program going.
    Hey we just got a $2K rebate on the SRT's! I figured out the problem....OEM is made for 31" tires max and OE Napa can handle bigger tires. I can now change out a track bar in record time!

    Jason

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    OH IO
    Posts
    835

    Re: Jeep track bar issues

    So is your junk riding the way it should or are you still driving sideways?
    Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Phoenix,Az
    Posts
    12,776
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Jeep track bar issues

    Quote Originally Posted by ohiotj View Post
    So is your junk riding the way it should or are you still driving sideways?
    Yeah a ton better!

    I would have never guessed.....

    Spent some time on the trail today and the clunk clunk was bad, got home tightened the passenger shock and no more freeway wobble...street wobble at a minimum which is the track bar bushings I need to replace again. WOW never would have thought the shocks could cause nasty DW on the freeway! I used some JK shock bushings since they interlock.


  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    10

    Re: Jeep track bar issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Jdemonto@Airpark Jeep Sales View Post
    Ok new JJ bushings ordered and Thanks to Kingsize for directing me to Napa for the propper OE bushing. It seems to handle more load than the factory OEM. Heres a pic...

    Jason

    Original JKS old Vs Mopar

    Name:  IMG00071-20100701-1022.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  60.7 KB

    Napa...BINGO

    Name:  napabushing.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  6.9 KB
    Glad I could help out :-)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. jeep wont start, fuel issues?
    By offroadaz in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 04-05-2014, 12:10 PM
  2. jeep liberty issues
    By irishjulz in forum New Jeep Owners Forum (or new to the club)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-02-2010, 10:36 PM
  3. Chevy 4.3 issues not Jeep related
    By Semper Fi CJ-5 in forum Off Topic General Discussions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-23-2010, 07:47 PM
  4. Track Bar Issues
    By Xiled1 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-22-2008, 09:04 PM
  5. Jeep issues...
    By jeepin_in_az in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-27-2005, 01:32 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •