Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Message to all, Goodbye VJC

Message to all, Goodbye VJC

Hey all, I just wanted to let you know that I will be officially leaving the PHX area in a few weeks. Unfortunately the job crisis for pilots has become all too real and most of us have lost our jobs/relocated. Its time for a move northward to bigger better things.

I met a ton of good people here and gained extensive knowledge from many. I would recommend this club to anyone moving to the phoenix area, my only regret is that I didnt have more time near the end to actually wheel with some of you.

GL to all and hope everyone gets through the rough times

Re: Message to all, Goodbye VJC

Who were you working for again? I'm getting furloughed from USA in December or January

I hope it all works out for you. Me personally, I'm done after this round. I've had enough...
    Bill "Pack Leader ...... No Really" ---> http://www.azbordercollierescue.com/ Pets aren't products, rescue rather than buy.
    '98 TJ Barn Yard 2" lift., Warn Winch, on 29" Wranglers, Basic mall crawler with a Bottle opener

If you got any good leads on jobs let us know

Good luck. You going waaaaayyyyy up north? That may be fun anyway
    Long arm/37"/beedlocks/Mas grande arb Dana 44 rear/grande 44 front/ superjoints/WJ knuckle conversion/harness/cage/seats/winch/5.13/armor/skids/
    Parts/hydro/5-1/takes a beating that's for sure but still needs more crap

Blog Entries

Hey just because you are leaving Phoenix does not mean you cant keep
    up with us... when you get settled in... please let us know how you are
    doing!
    Yeah, I'm a girl drivin a jeep you have a problem with that?

headed back to the NW? if so i might look you up for some xmas snow wheeling! Thats if you have a rig up there and can go.

FYI, im driving up for xmas and will have an empty pickup truck. Toss me some gas money and im sure i can haul anything you want. Even your rig if you have a trailer.

Hey Washington!!! If you should ever need a connect here in the future, you know you can contact me. Had some real good times....and will always remember that night sitting around the camp fire when we saw those odd lights in the sky (the Hardline/Wayco Run).. lol... good thing you knew what was happening, cause I was about to load the dogs in the jeep and drive for my life!!!!! lol....
    You take care kid,.. good luck in your new adventure!!
    A gold miner is just a liar standing next to a hole in the ground.
    RIP Digger B. Trouble, Rilee the Weed and Kodiak Kid

I worked for a flight academy (MEI) out of KGEU (Glendale, AZ), known as AirSafety. Its no secret now as they have made the news on several occasions (the recent mid-air collision in coolidge for one). There have been building tensions for the last year and it finally went under. I gained a ton of experience, and some decent flight time but I also learned from first hand experience how tough it is to secure an airline job. With the current situation of our economy and pay structure its a losing industry. Its looking like the only steady job is military which is where I'm headed (yes I'm going back to the NW, Seattle WA)

Sorry again for falling out of touch with you guys. I will stay posted on this board and give updates from time to time. Im sure I'll head down to the Phoenix area from time to time!

Xan, Good luck. Seahawks Rule!!!!!! They will win this Sunday, they play the cardinals in Phoenix. That is like a freebie
    You don't need a Plan "B", if Jesus is plan "A".
    ..unknown

Good luck...hope things turn for you.
    "The Edge...there is no honest way to explain it
    because the only people who really know where it is
    are the ones who have gone over."

Hunter S Thompson

Well I have been in the airline biz for 20 years and your right, it never seems to get better.

We might be moving to the SEA area too depending on a job offer Carrie has. I'll look you up. Good luck.
    Bill "Pack Leader ...... No Really" ---> http://www.azbordercollierescue.com/ Pets aren't products, rescue rather than buy.
    '98 TJ Barn Yard 2" lift., Warn Winch, on 29" Wranglers, Basic mall crawler with a Bottle opener

Hey Xan, you're a great guy and a good wheeler! Had a lot of fun on the runs we did, especially the Wayco/Hardline camping trip that Digger mentioned! I wish you all the best in the future and you're always welcome here!

Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    Hey Washington!!! If you should ever need a connect here in the future, you know you can contact me. Had some real good times....and will always remember that night sitting around the camp fire when we saw those odd lights in the sky (the Hardline/Wayco Run).. lol... good thing you knew what was happening, cause I was about to load the dogs in the jeep and drive for my life!!!!! lol....
    You take care kid,.. good luck in your new adventure!!
    Yeah, I'll never forget that night! First the International Space Station flies over, bright as the moon it seemed, then suddenly disappears overhead as it crosses into the Earth's shadow. ***?! ...ooohhhh!
    Then, just as we settled down from that came the red, floating lights overhead and over the mtns! ***?! ...ooohhhh!
    Ended up being flares from the F-16's practicing night dog-fights out in that region! What a crazy evening of light shows! That was such a great trip in many ways! I'd love to do it again!
    White '94 ZJ on 33's
    "I've been doing so much with so little for so long that I can now do just about anything with practically nothing."

Very sorry to hear of your troubles. You may not remember, but we rode together in Florence a long time ago, and I acquired the first body damage on my new (then) JK. I wish you the very best!
    Ken
    07 Rubi 2D. 35's & battle scars :rolleyes:

Best of luck man, I feel the pain. I'm over at Deer Valley doing the same thing and I have no idea where the next jobs gonna be after instructing.

-Dugas

Quote Originally Posted by kend View Post
    Very sorry to hear of your troubles. You may not remember, but we rode together in Florence a long time ago, and I acquired the first body damage on my new (then) JK. I wish you the very best!
    Yes I do remember you. Ironically my old buddy from flight academy was on that trip, I still remember him pulling your winch cable through the sticks to get to that tree! HAHA, I felt so bad about your jeep but thats the deal! Hope all is well...

p.s. did you ever figure out what that thing was on the bottom that broke off?

Quote Originally Posted by Dugas View Post
    Best of luck man, I feel the pain. I'm over at Deer Valley doing the same thing and I have no idea where the next jobs gonna be after instructing.

-Dugas
    Westwind or Tranny?

Quote Originally Posted by Washington_XJ View Post
    p.s. did you ever figure out what that thing was on the bottom that broke off?
    Yeah, it was the evap canister (emissions). Got the new one tucked up out of the way now.
    Ken
    07 Rubi 2D. 35's & battle scars :rolleyes:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information